It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN report Strange unidentified object floating away from from Nasa

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
That is a very interesting video. What I think is even more interesting is the fact that CNN ran a story about it. Usually you get a little blip about things like this, but this one seems to have gotten their interest. The thing they said they dropped was a washer that they used when they were doing their repairs. This is going to be very interesting to see what Nasa or the news says what they think it is.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
ok guys when it happened last night I was watching the nasa channel....
they where installing new cameras,and they had a reel that had the cable for the camera. what you see if the handle for the reel of cable.

when watching it live you can see/hear an astronaut tell the other to turn 180degress to see it.
for a moment they try and think about what it is until mission control tells them to check the reel,and they confirm it was a handle from the cable reel.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by gpena]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

"What is it?" one cosmonaut asked in Russian.

"It looks like it's a handle or an attachment fixture – yes, it's an attachment fixture," the other cosmonaut replied, according to an English translation.

www.space.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
exactly what i saw, looked like a full suit of spacewalk gear either unoccupied, or occupied...hopefully the latter.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It looks like a piece has floated away from the space station,a glove or something.
I wish it were something like an alien or a small ship but my spidey sense isn't tingling on this 1

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhynouk
It looks like a piece has floated away from the space station,a glove or something.
I wish it were something like an alien or a small ship but my spidey sense isn't tingling on this 1

you HAVE to be joking right??
do you not bother reading the replys right above you?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhynouk

you HAVE to be joking right??
do you not bother reading the replys right above you?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gpena

yes i did read the posts above me,my opinion is it's just something floating away,it might be something different i don't know but from what i saw it looks like a piece of junk or something.

ok so what do you think it is ?

[edit on 27-7-2010 by rhynouk]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Ow cmon people, its a US military experimental chinese lantern shaped weather ballon powered by gas swamp, its nothing.

I did read and still want to debunk it.

Conspiracy Sidetrack:
We have plentiful more of weird space videos, why the media doesnt want to broadcast it ? I hope they dont show "astronaut do fart in space" section too.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by damastadamind

Hopefully it wasn't one of these guys. Could you imagine?

NASA to Launch Human-Like Robot to Join Space Station Crew

WASHINGTON -- NASA will launch the first human-like robot to space later this year to become a permanent resident of the International Space Station. Robonaut 2, or R2, was developed jointly by NASA and General Motors under a cooperative agreement to develop a robotic assistant that can work alongside humans, whether they are astronauts in space or workers at GM manufacturing plants on Earth.

The 300-pound R2 consists of a head and a torso with two arms and two hands. R2 will launch on space shuttle Discovery as part of the STS-133 mission planned for September. Once aboard the station, engineers will monitor how the robot operates in weightlessness. Throughout its first decade in orbit, the space station has served as a test bed for human and robotic teamwork for construction, maintenance and science.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Did you see the object flying upwards that means there is some type of wind in space.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by damastadamind

yes i noticed that as well but kept it to myself

for fear of ridicule

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It would be interesting to see if NASA has any Orbit Parameters for this "object", but I guess with its tumble rate any estimates would widely vary in a LEO. And any re-entry would be short-lived anyway, probobally a few seconds (if that.)

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

LOL you cracked me up because I envisioned a scenario where the robot was aggrivating one of the astronauts causing said astronaut to push him out into the airlock allowing him to be sucked into space.

"Hey Bob... where's robo?
"
"I dont know I thought he was with you
"

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gpena

Thanks for the explanation....

I just wonder why these guys are so lax up there when we are told even a small item floating in space at 17.000kmh can cause a lot of damage to future ships..

Surely they would not make the cable reel with a handle that falls off so easily

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

"What is it?" one cosmonaut asked in Russian.

"It looks like it's a handle or an attachment fixture – yes, it's an attachment fixture," the other cosmonaut replied, according to an English translation.

www.space.com...

Oh hey its just a handle or attachment figure... don't worry about it.

Hahaha, ok fair enough, I guess there is a lot of space junk floating around up there.

anyone else think it kind of looks like the supposed "space worms" or "serpents" that some people claim exist? The ones seen over Mexico?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

that's what it looks like to me..arms -legs-backpack...
i wonder if someone slipped and they haven't announced it..

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It almost looks like a tooth to me, lol. i do agree it does look like someone floating out into space (or a spacesuit).
Well this is just great. We've done a wonderful job of polluting our own planet, guess TPTB think we might as well trash up space too. Next there will be landfills on mars, i wonder what an oil spill will do to the red planet, why dont we see?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
To me it doesn't look extraterrestrial, then again nothing has ever really been confirmed as extraterrestrial, has it?

But...

Originally posted by gpena
ok guys when it happened last night I was watching the nasa channel....
they where installing new cameras,and they had a reel that had the cable for the camera. what you see if the handle for the reel of cable.

when watching it live you can see/hear an astronaut tell the other to turn 180degress to see it.
for a moment they try and think about what it is until mission control tells them to check the reel,and they confirm it was a handle from the cable reel.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by gpena]

Just because mission control 'confirmed' it was a handle from the cable reel, that makes it a handle from the cable reel?

Isn't that how cover-ups happen, 'officials' say it's one thing, even though they know it's something else?

Looks like a pretty odd handle to me....interesting....

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I don't think the object is of any importance as a UFO researcher. However, did anyone see an object down the bottom at 45sec? That is a lot more interesting. There is also one in the top right hand corner.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by tabris]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join