It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barge crashes into oil well in Gulf of Mexico, new oil leak reported

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana — The US Coast Guard dispatched emergency teams Tuesday after a boat crashed into an oil well off the coast of New Orleans, reportedly sending crude spewing some 20 feet into the air.

The wellhead, located about 65 miles (104 kilometers) south of New Orleans, was ruptured when it was struck by a dredge barge being pulled by a tug.

The Coast Guard said it could not immediately confirm reports that a giant fountain of oil was now spewing from the damaged wellhead, which was situated only six feet (1.8 meters) below the surface of the sea.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: rawstory.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8aed478f30bf.jpg[/atsimg]

Wow, we sure are making a mess of our oceans, particulalry the Gulf, though certainly not confined to it. I think this stuff has proven that it is not worth the risk or is that only what we are supposed to think? This is the last thing that our brothers and sisters on the Gulf Coast need.

--airspoon

[edit on 27-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Lol, I did search. This isn't the first time that the "search" function has failed me. In fact, I still can't find it (as of a minute ago), can you link me to any previous threads, if they exist?

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join