It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tug boat hits well causes new gusher in Gulf

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
Ah come on, and this not orchestrated?!!!
Who believes this crap anymore?

Well they had 750 boats out there drafted in to scoop up oil but they were having 'trouble' finding any crude in the sea and now they can give them something to do
www.google.com...

Or maybe this is just another tactic used to employ methods to get the residents out of their if there’s a hurricane… they need oil to blow in their faces because all the oil from the first leak is gone thanks to all the coreexit or “mother nature.”

[edit on 27-7-2010 by soleprobe]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

That is the official story from them. Now what is the real story. The real story is something that may never be told. Then again maybe this was just a freak accident, but it is hard to believe them and the official story with the way things have gone thus far.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Wow.... the amount of overhype on this thread is pathetic.

This leak is nothing like Deepwater Horizon. It sucks, yes, but is nothing near as bad as BP's mess.

I would go as far as to say that this wouldn't even be covered nationally if BP's spill hadn't taken place. The only conspiracy I can see is the one most of you have been duped with already, that government regulation is in any way a fix to a problem.

If I hear any more of this "if you disagree with me, your an agent" I am going to go ballistic. I find it sad that there seems to be an attitude that wants the spill to be worse in order to validate ones own limited world view.

In the immortal words of George Carlin, "The planet isn't going anywhere, we are!" The Earth has dealt with crazier stuff in its history. Humanity is hardly even noticeable compared to what it has been through. We have a long way to go if we expect to somehow be a threat to it.

edit:

The real story is something that may never be told.

The real story is that BP's spill and this spill are going to be used to increase the power of government in the area of natural resources, and this will incidentally benefit groups like BP.

Its like the financial regulation that they have passed and will pass. It has nothing to do with the problem and is just there to settle the masses and stifle competition and transparency.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by DINSTAAR]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'm with those not buying this one. Obama just made another speech pushing Cap and Trade which is dead. He keeps trying to use the Gulf Spill to pass it and the spill is totally unrelated. How stupid does he think people are? Well, I guess many are that stupid

I smell one giant RAT here. This is to damn convenient considering his speech hit the news this morning. He is throwing the Right a bone in the form of eliminating Capital Gains taxes and giving tax breaks to small business to attempt to revive Cap and Trade. Cap and Trade will equal a 15% tax under disguise from the estimates I've seen and you can add 25% to your utility bills (and dead elderly people every winter). How many jobs you suppose that will kill? I'm betting 12% unemployment if it ever passes which thank god it won't. Sure will make all his buddies into overnight billionaires though.

Another spill is perfect and the fact it hit when it did is practically proof it happened under his orders. They only had to bribe a handful of people to pull this off. I think that is exactly what he has done, or should I say whoever he will blame if it gets out of the bag. He of course never does anything.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
this happens all the time in the gulf, you people are just hearing about it because of the BP incident, had it not been for the BP incident you would never have been the wiser nor would you have given a damm about some tug boat hitting an oil well in Louisiana.
go back to your normal lives of watching sports, reality tv and fighting over politics, the gulf was fine before you came along and will be fine long after you lose interest.
damm hippies.

Exactly...And the fact that this well is in only a few feet of water means it will be closed up very quickly, just like they have in the past. It's not a mile down like the "Deep Water Horizon" well.

It may be true that this adds "insult to injury", but other than that it wouldn't be a big deal as an isolated incident.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

Did you see his speech this morning? Is this not a bit too convenient? Both running in the news at the same time?

He did not need a big incident, just an incident to happen at a convenient time. A broke, desperate Tug Boat crew and some under the table green and voila, he has what he needs.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Just to clarify a little on the comment of not getting the whole story.The reason I said that is because from the first day we haven't really got the true story on what really happened and why it happened. All anyone wants is the truth and it just doesn't seem to be what BP has told us in the past. This little accident is nowhere close to the deepwater but it can cause alot of problems if not taken care of quickly.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Correction: The Gulf was doing just fine until Haliburton/BP/Cheney/Obama came along. Get your facts right if you plan to use them to hit people over the head.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I wonder how many oil wells have been hit by tug boats in the past, and started leaking??

Yep, this has the whiff of corruption to me too. The story doesn't add up and the motive is clearly there. Suspect, very suspect.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

The reason I said that is because from the first day we haven't really got the true story on what really happened and why it happened.

The only 'why'(as in, DH and this spill are not accidental) I can see is to get public support for stricter regulations which will help only those in power and their friends (like BP).

The amount of the spill is important to find out, but it is not the biggest story in the whole thing.

All anyone wants is the truth and it just doesn't seem to be what BP has told us in the past.

Or anyone for that matter. BP only wants to keep their image while taking care of the spill (like Tylenol and poison tablets, google it). The thing is, if BP fixes the leak, cleans up all the oil, and compensates all people effected or involved in the clean up, it only makes them look better.

This little accident is nowhere close to the deepwater but it can cause alot of problems if not taken care of quickly.

It should be taken care of quickly. Its really close to the shore and virtually above the surface of the sea. These types of spills are easily contained and much more common than people realize. With the amount of resources in the area, this is going to be a breeze.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmo740

Exactly. When have we ever heard of this happening? Maybe it has and isn't as big a deal except that they just had a huge spill.

IDK, seems as though the spill wasn't as big as "they" wanted and didn't create enough public outrage, so here we go again. Gonna kill big oil if it's the last thing they do...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Lies, lies and more lies. This could posssibly be the leak that Matt Simmons has been referring to. These false statements are only feeding our anger that we are feeling here on the coast. It is time to really start fighting back, but how?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
And to add more weight to the camels' back, a pipeline in southern Michigan burst sending 800,000 gallons into the Kalamazoo River on this link

There seems to be a rash of oil spills going on these days, and I'm not convinced it is just coincedence

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

There seems to be a rash of oil spills going on these days, and I'm not convinced it is just coincedence

Oils spills are like when you learn a new word. Now that you know it, you hear it all the time where as before you never noticed it. Oil spills have always happened. Now, they matter more to people because of the residual hype from the Deepwater Horizon.

None of these spills are like Deepwater Horizon. Deepwater Horizon is in a category all by itself. To compare it to these other oil spills is an injustice.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Shouldn't a pipe 6 feet below the surface have a buoy or something to mark its position?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
That does not look like oil leaking to me. That looks like some type of gas spewing out. Methane maybe?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I remember the whole Tylenol problem. I think a big problem BP has had from the start was Tony Hayward to me he just seemed like he was above all this and he shouldn't be bothered. Which I think became evident when he decided to go yachting not to long ago. If this new top dog they have can get everything on track they wil save some face and come out of this with some dignity left. I think the timing of this well head beibg hit is what has so many people looking at this as something just don't seem right.It is the timing of this situation that does seem strange even if it waws a freak accident.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
this happens all the time in the gulf, you people are just hearing about it because of the BP incident, had it not been for the BP incident you would never have been the wiser nor would you have given a damm about some tug boat hitting an oil well in Louisiana.
go back to your normal lives of watching sports, reality tv and fighting over politics, the gulf was fine before you came along and will be fine long after you lose interest.
damm hippies.

Just wanted to let you know I am not a "damn hippie" (oh, and it's spelled DAMN not DAMM.....second of all....I live in Louisiana and this does not happen "all the time". There are countless people here who have lost income and are losing their homes and everything, so how the hell can they just go back to their normal lives? I'm sure the women who lost their husbands and boyfriends in the explosion would LOVE to have their loved one back and go back to their "normal lives".....so in the future, you should think about that before saying something so callous and calling people names.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
reply to post by OuttaTime

Oils spills are like when you learn a new word. Now that you know it, you hear it all the time where as before you never noticed it. Oil spills have always happened. Now, they matter more to people because of the residual hype from the Deepwater Horizon.

None of these spills are like Deepwater Horizon. Deepwater Horizon is in a category all by itself. To compare it to these other oil spills is an injustice.

I agree. the Horizon incident is a gusher, while these other incidents are spills. Big difference. And just because oil has been spilling without our knowledge doesn't make it any more insignificant. The Michigan leak is over 800,000 gallons into a river (and still backflowing). Yes it's smaller but it is still having an impact on the wildlife and civil function.
I can understand that oil seeps naturally out of the earth, but these are all 'accidents'. 2 in GoM, 1 in China, 1 in Michigan, 1 in Canada, all in the last 3 months. Haven't we learned anything from this?

edit to remove a typo.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by OuttaTime]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
So... how long do you think before this mess gets cleaned? I give it a couple of weeks.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by ge0089]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join