It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

503 errors and 'server not available'?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
All of our web servers became overwhelmed at the same time and performance failed with an out-of-memory condition.

We're researching the cause now.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to SS...
The article reads like the tip of the iceberg that will end free speech. Perhaps with will be a battle for some lawyers to sort out.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Yep, been experiencing these errors most of the night. Best of luck to the ATS staff and hope they can get this resolved soon.

[edit on 27/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Do you mean somebody attempted a DDoS on the ATS servers, or rather that is the theory admin are currently investigating?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
nevermind

[edit on 27-7-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I hear that too many folks loggin on at once? or we are bein monitord and snafood to delay us from maybe some news issue that they dont want us to be able to cover ??

could just be a server issue!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

Me too. Has ATS been hacked by the Justice Dept?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Nah, the DOJ wouldn't bother with a simple attack, if they had reason they would simply have the site completely shut down.

I think they'd rather have ATS up and running 24/7 right now.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hey can anyone satisfy my curiosity?

I hope our beloved site is safe

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Was very slow earlier, nearly drop kicked my laptop down the street on a few occassions.

Seems a bit better now.

Having just found out what a DDos is, why, or perhaps more pertinenently who, would do that to ATS?

Knowing that SO is pretty much clued up on the techno stuff, if someone had attacked ATS then I suspect they would have to be very resourceful and most capable.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Guess we will never know.

But this is ATS so we can speculate right?

It was....

Nah, why bother?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

Wow. Is there a thread about that article you posted? I would love to hear what SO says about the issue.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The problems this morning were nothing nefarious or anything about which to be overly concerned.

Our hosting provider was having some rather serious -- relatively short lived -- networking problems on the "private" network used to communicate direct between servers. Many of their customers with more than one server (we have several) experienced the problem... essentially, when our servers were unable to "talk" to each other, the multiple retries eventually stacked up and slowed down everything.

Our servers never actually went down. And no data was lost.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The problems this morning were nothing nefarious or anything about which to be overly concerned.

Well, poot. That's no fun at all, Mr Bill Buzzkill. I was sort of hoping for nefarious, and what I got was mundane.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join