It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'fails to account' for Iraq reconstruction billions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

You know what's sad? IMHO this is a really REALLY BIG story. This should have 20 pages of responses.

C'mon ATS! How can you not be outraged by this stuff? A UFO in Danville gets 290 responses and a TOTALLY FACTUAL story like this only gets two pages??!!

Were an f upped culture. Hate to say it but we deserve to be destroyed.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well, the day before 9/11 Donald Rumsfeld told Congress that the Pentagon "copuldn't account" for over $2 TRILLION. $9 Billion is small potatoes in comparison.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK
You know what's sad? IMHO this is a really REALLY BIG story. This should have 20 pages of responses.

C'mon ATS! How can you not be outraged by this stuff?

Believe me, A LOT of members and non-members of ATS ARE outraged!

The sad part is that we've been hearing about this "MISMANAGEMENT" of money that is being sent to these wars so much that people are actually getting numb to the news when they hear about it anymore.

And that's a crying shame, especially with the state our economy is in now and how far in debt our government is in!

Were an f upped culture. Hate to say it but we deserve to be destroyed.

Sorry, can't agree with you there, maybe the career politicians, ...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

I'm guessing that's the embassy before I look.
Now that's a nice country club that. And with billion dollar PMC security they're going to call "diplomats" now. This is a joke.

Edit: Okay I guessed wrong. So that makes $2B.

[edit on 7/27/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I wondered where the 3.4 Billion US$ in my account came from. All I'd done was send an email saying I could rebuild Bagdad's sewerage in a week.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

They lost it by doing something retarded with it. Probably buying some more tanks for Egypt, Israel, or someone else. Probably never really used it for Iraq at all.

Maybe Goldman Sachs told them to invest it in BP? lol.

Like hey man, the cheque is totally in the mail - I tried to call on Saturday to let you know.

Oh c'mon China - you used to be cool. "We still cool, you pay next week".

"Future" Bart Simpson has a lot to answer for. lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
I wondered where the 3.4 Billion US$ in my account came from. All I'd done was send an email saying I could rebuild Bagdad's sewerage in a week.

Omg! My best friend and I were saying the samething: "i know where it went—to my bank account!" Good times, good times.

off topic? yes. :[ i'm sorry. hopefully someone reads it before it's taken down.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz

You did all that work and all you got was a lousy $3.4 billion?

You got shafted by the US Government. AGAIN! (or still?) lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
If you OWE the US government $75,000, your butt better be able to get it to them or you are in jail.

If the US government loses almost 9 billion....ahhh...just chalk it up. GO BACK TO BED, THEY HAVE THE BEST INTEREST OF THE PEOPLE IN MIND! BUT SERIOUSLY, where is that 75 thou you owe us???

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashes of the wake
Just another day for the american military industrial complex.

Is this really any surprise? Just days before 911 Donald Rumsfeld did a press conference where he admitted that the pentagon lost track of a few trillion dollars. Thats right, TRILLIONS.

And also, during the market crash of '08 when the gangsters... I mean the PPT, started the robbery... I meant bailout... err TRAP.... I mean TARP..... um... bank bailout... oops, I mean bank rescue were going on, $2 TRILLION dissappeared from the Treasury. They would not divulge the info, even after many FOIA lawsuits. They claimed it was a 'national security' issue... again...

They blatantly STEAL money from us, and nobody holds them accountable. That's how ballsy they've gotten, and they keep getting away with it. Because they know all we will do is walk around their buildings carrying signs. Wow, scary....

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I suspect all the missing monies, $2.3 trillion just prior to 9-11.... well to pay off the perpetrators, of course, then there was another $1 Trillion to the Illuminati, as if they all don't have enough, then now $8 billion... HMMMM well I'm thinking that it's all disappearing into a fund to build spaceships and aliens to invade Earth in the near future. I wonder who okayed the disappearance?

Or maybe Obama's lawyers are blackmailing him about his place of birth...

Or maybe Satan wants a facelift?

Or maybe one of the élite has a marriage/bar mitzvah/ circumcision coming up

Or Cheney bought a heart, something he's never had before.

Or maybe it is Interest owed to the Federal Reserve!

U.S is a mess!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This is EXACTLY why whistle blowers are crucial! There is no Open Government, there are documents that are classified not because they are sensitive data but because revelation would result in embarrassment or criminal charges, and THIS my friends, should result in a lot of people going to jail. Ya think it will happen? HA!
My Dad was a bigwig in some respects, in the government. A grade 17 in the GAO with a top secret clearance and his job was to investigate waste and fraud. He always told me Congress was full of people that were either crooked, stupid, or both, with a few exceptions. But when you enter a game where the players already in it are often crooked and make up the rules its hard to make changes. You get marginalized if you don't Go With The Flow. And people at the high levels toss words and amounts like Billions around like its no big deal. Tell that to the American taxpayers that are losing their jobs and homes. Imagine what would have happened if the bailout got to the banks via paying off the mortgages instead of going to the banks directly. Imagine if bonuses were tied to stock value. Imagine if the highest paid person in a company was limited to salaries and bonuses limited to a certain number of multiples of the lowest paid worker. Imagine if Congress had the same health insurance the rest of us did, and the same pensions. Ahhhh Dream on. Corruption is rampant, idiocy is commonplace, greed and theft are the policy.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
ARE WE DUMB, the elites took it, come on people.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

This pretty much sums it up.

I would even say that:

1) The whole "financial crisis" is completely orchestrated.
2) ALL of the incoming US presidents will be these same people, Skull and Bones, elite criminals. However you want to call them.

It's a robbery, of the world.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

1:20 Bush made it clear he disagreed with NATION-BUILDING. Who would have thunk that was the ONLY thing he was serious about.

Honestly, it is so maddening to see the condition of our raped and barely propped up economy, our archaic crumbling infrastructure, cut after cut in education and the discarding of dreams we once had as a country and as individuals. Our government has sold us and other nations we "liberated" down the river.

What happened to America? What happened to being humble? What happened to honesty and integrity and one's word? What happened to the ideal of service to one another?

These people and all that have come after them have stolen the bread off of tables; the desks from schools; the shoes from bare feet. ENOUGH! NO MORE! Not in our name you don't. Enough.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The thing is, and it is sad:
All we can change is ourselves.
"Order out of chaos" is the elite mantra
Chaos is our only powerfull friend....
Ironic for someone who was brought up on "Get Smart" where CHAOS was the bad guys.
Chaos scares them. It robs them of their power.
Oh they use it in small amounts to hide behind, but they don't dare let it touch their stash...
If it does touch them it is like sunlight on a vampire.

Change favours the prepared mind as the Chinese say.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The "wars" may be over there but the biggest casualty has been America. Money's been bleeding from it like a slit to the jugular vein. And it's still happening. Couple that with the corporations that bailed on us but still take our money and then look at the new Goldman Sachs threads. They think we're stupid. Well maybe we are.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
The thing is, and it is sad:
All we can change is ourselves.
"Order out of chaos" is the elite mantra
Chaos is our only powerfull friend....
Ironic for someone who was brought up on "Get Smart" where CHAOS was the bad guys.
Chaos scares them. It robs them of their power.
Oh they use it in small amounts to hide behind, but they don't dare let it touch their stash...
If it does touch them it is like sunlight on a vampire.

Change favours the prepared mind as the Chinese say.
I AGREE, THANK YOU, it is people like you who are the one who change society .

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Okay Mr. Chaos...what do you propose?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Please allow me to interject with my own personal "conspiracy theory".

Could all this money we are "losing" actually be funding for new government agencies? Take the "free money" (IE money made by indepedent business and entrepreneurs) and turn that into government owned money to give more jobs to the people through the government, resulting in more dependence on the government. Keep taxing and losing the money, and keep adding more federal agencies and soon we'll all work for the government. What better way to control the people than to be the ones that give them their paycheck each week/month.

The federal government just started the Financial Stability Oversight Council to apparently monitor Wall Street. Sorry folks, but the government patrolling the government ain't gonna work. The Average Joe is the one that can't start a business. And they are most likely getting funding for even more federal agencies by taxing Average Joe who wants to start his little business but can't do so because of the overtaxing.

If things stay the same, in 50 years we are in DEEP trouble. I don't worry about myself, I worry about our next generation. They'll grow up thinking it is normal to have our government in control. I cringe everytime I hear a youth talk proudly of our President or government.

I can only hope the majority is waking up as I have in the last 5 years or so.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join