It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'fails to account' for Iraq reconstruction billions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

They lost it by doing something retarded with it. Probably buying some more tanks for Egypt, Israel, or someone else. Probably never really used it for Iraq at all.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Minor compared to the two plus trillion rumfeldstiltskin announced was missing the day before 911...and was being invetigated from building seven...good thing for Rummy and co them Muslims happened to come along.... blew up the evidence ahhh darn....lets blame Saddam.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is so seriously not news to anyone who's been watching, but it's good that someone is calling attention to it yet again.

I strongly recommend that if this is news to you, start reading here. I only wish they had kept this page updated since 2006. But it goes on and on and on from there too, in a hundred "little" stories.

And even the money that's not "missing" is in the pocket of someone who probably stole it out of another pocket.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
You know, they'd never give me the job, cause I'm broke, but every week I find and combine deals, sales and coupons so that I can provide my household with good food, clothing, and household goods on less than 100.00 a week.

The people that are GOOD with money are actually the poor, even if they don't have enough to pay their bills, because they have LEARNED to be.

Yet we elect politicians that are rich - ONLY politicians that are rich. Most of them are rich because they inherited it, or married into it.

And then we wonder....why do these people lose our money?

US govt is TOO big to be accountable, and WE - the PEOPLE - keep electing the rich and the elite to govern us. THen we are like "The elites are killing us"

Uh yeah. I might start voting for like..the POOREST...person on the ballot.
Wait, that got us Obama. What's he worth 7.5 million?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Funny how so many roads all seem to lead back to Haliburton - and Cheney, just sayin'

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Hahahaha!

This is ridiculous. Completely utter absurd.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

an insurgancy requires money and weponds
you realize most of the money went to buy IEDs and weponds that are being used against your solders

your paying for both sides of the war to prolong it so a few can profit from the war

how many starving americans would that money feed?

how many jobs could be created?

your tax dollars are going to kill your youth

what a waste of money and lives

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Minor compared to the two plus trillion rumfeldstiltskin announced was missing the day before 911...and was being invetigated from building seven...good thing for Rummy and co them Muslims happened to come along.... blew up the evidence ahhh darn....lets blame Saddam.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Danbones]

this unaccountable money is not being spent on troops and training for america its being spend to fund your enemies to prolong wars so a few can get rich

this while americans starve in tents and scream for jobs

XPLodER

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
While there is a good chance a chunk of that money went off to fund military biased ventures, a lot -did- go to reconstruction. I have a feeling a lot of the money is not accounted for, because of really poor accounting.

For example: My company, which does environmental, construction, transportation work.. also does a lot of work for the Federal government. We had a -lot- of people in Iraq doing construction. And there was a lot to do: after the war, most locals looted military / government installations, down to the screws. We had pictures of buildings with -nothing- left. All wiring, toilets, tiles, anything and everything, was utterly removed.

Because of strict import/export laws in countries like these, we had the government directly pay for all the computers all of our contractors used. After the projects were done, a lot of these ended up coming back to me. I didn't even have a clue who to send them to. The military bought them. But there was no where to return them. And the same for a lot of other equipment that was purchased by the military, but were only used for these projects.

So.. corruption? Probably. But I would venture that a huge % of that money was used for its intended purpose, and was just very poorly accounted for during the construction projects. It was pretty chaotic there after all.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yeah , yeah, yeah we KNOW billions disappeared ,where did it go? shall we look for it?
No tell you what lets just keep pouring money into the wars and not investigate .
Hopefully the people will forget when the new soccer season starts. or maybe we could make up some sort of false flag erm I mean terrorist plot to destroy the records , erm I mean some tourist attraction.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

They're hiding the billions in Iran under the nukes. Let's go get em!

[edit on 7/27/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
having some experience with corporate inventory control and finance I can say for sure:
Sloppy work in that department in this day and age is the prime way to cover the back trail. There is no excuse for it in the modern age.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Meh...the GPO issued a report 5 years ago saying that something like 110% of all projects were behind schedule and over budget by at least 500%. Beyond that, they double and triple dipped on things like risk and security costs for the contractors, putting it in the contracts, making troops guard them, and also paying for PMCs. It was a holy mess. Bureaucracy at it's finest with virtually no oversight. An embezzler's dream.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The massive, massive extent of the theft and fraud being perpetuted by the vipers is horrifying.

Soon they will be increasing taxes to pay for 'the war', and 'the bailout', which are just a doublespeak euphemisms for 'the billions we have stolen from you and put in our pockets'.

Allegedly there is even more going on behind the scenes with regard to massive fraud, and attempts by some people to recuperate trillions of dollars from these gangsters, which they allegedly stole from many nations. Apparently the World Court and UN have been involved and they (Obama, Clinton, Cheney, Bush et al) have been ordered to return these trillions of dollars. They are refusing to do so.

You can read more about this at www.worldreports.org

I have no way of verifying if any of what Story reports is true. There are a couple of other sites which are reporting the same story. For example one site reported that Ban Ki Moon had been 'bought and paid for' by the Cabal and had helped them by intervening to block repayment last weekend, and that as a result his Director of Security had resigned, and had made a damning report about him. This at least I could verify - it was reported in the media the following day that she had in fact resigned and had released a report in which her criticism of him was very strong.

He does post copies of letters allegedly written by Attorneys in US, and so the letters could be confirmed by contacting the law firm, but I haven't done so.

The site belongs to someone called Christopher Story. and on 10 July he put an update on his site in which he said an attempt had been made on his life and he had evidence the assassination attempt implicated Obama/Bush/Cheney/CIA/MI6. Just over a week ago, it was rumoured that Chris had been kidnapped. Mysteriously, the 10 July update has been removed from his site, and no-one has had any news of him since.

So, I thought I'd post this, although it's not directly about the billions missing in Iraq, but if what Story reports is true, it gives a detailed and very interesting and shocking background to the fraud and theft this gang are carrying out.

The first part of the 10 July report, which has subsequently and mysteriously disappeared from his site, is copied below:

WORST FINANCIAL TERRORISM SABOTAGE IN HISTORY
U.S. CADRES TOO COWARDLY, WEAK AND FECKLESS TO ARREST BUSH SR. FOR FINANCIAL TERRORISM AND OPEN-ENDED WANTON MAFIOSO SABOTAGE.

Saturday 10 July 2010 00:01
NEW INFORMATION, BELOW: CIA/MI6.OBAMA/BUSH SR./CHENEY ORDERED CHISTOPHER STORY'S ASSASSINATION AND ARE SUPRISED AND TERRIFIED THAT HE IS NOT DEAD.

OBAMA AND BUSH ‘SPOKEN TO’ BY MEN WITH GUNS

• When ‘President’ Barack Hussein Obama touched down on the White House Lawn at 5:30pm on 9th July, he was ‘spoken to’. Enquiries by this service confirm that those doing the ‘speaking’ were not Secret Service operatives. On the contrary they were men with guns.

• Within the past 24-30 hours, private citizen George Godfather H. W. Bush Sr. has likewise been ‘spoken to’ twice. The people doing the ‘speaking’ were men with guns.

• The Chinese have had enough and are ready to take drastic lethal measures.

• Private citizens George H. W. Bush Sr. and Neil Bush think they are immortal and can take the loot they are blocking to the grave.

• Obama, who answers to the private citizen George H. W. Bush Sr., is saying he’s a ‘national citizen’. In order to be President of the United States, under the Constitution and the Soldiers and Sailors Act, you have to be a NATURAL citizen born in the United States or born in a US military family serving abroad.

CIA/CHENEY/MI6/OBAMA/BUSH SR. HAVE ATTEMPTED
TO ASSASSINATE CHRISTOPHER STORY A detailed report on this assassination attempt and the horrible illness inflicted on the Editor as a consequence will be published as soon as feasible.

•We now have proof that the CIA/MI6/Obama/Bush/Cheney issued an assassination order against this Editor. We have proof that they are suprised that the Editor is not dead.
...(..)

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Look in Dick Cheney's back account... seriously.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

Are they serious?

How the heck do you 'lose' nearly 9 billion?

Has it gone towards rebuilding or has it been syphoned off in some way?
Where has it gone and who has it?

In a response attached to the report, it said attempting to account for the money might require "significant archival retrieval efforts".

...a lack of proper accounting makes it impossible to say exactly what happened to most of the money.

This is not the first time that allegations of missing billions have surfaced in relation to the US-led invasion of Iraq and its aftermath.

Just who is getting this money?
How can it be so difficult to retrieve the archived accounting?

Something (yet again) is very, very wrong with the way all of this is going on. It's getting that everyday we hear about total incompetence or outright corruption yet we still blunder on blindly and quietly

When will it stop?

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Of COURSE something is very VERY wrong. Who doesn't see that?

ANSWER: Extremely Stupid People.

Let me say it again in all caps:

EXTREMELY STUPID PEOPLE.

But that still won't be enough.

Right. Left. It doesn't matter. You know what? I wish they'd given 4 million to me. I mean. c'mon. 4 million would be less than half a percent of a billion, right? And this was like over 8 billion. So four million would be like less than 1/16th of one percent of all that money. And they couldn't even account for that.

But we have enablers with strikingly low intelligence who insist we need to be in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
There is only one way that 95% of all iraqi funds could not be accounted for
and that is if it was MEANT to not be accounted for

If you are still pro-war then you are the biggest sucker on the face of the planet!
I am not laughing at you though, the elected officials and foreign policy that you defend and the people behind them definitely are though.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well, here's about a billion of it...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
You can read more about this at www.worldreports.org

I have no way of verifying if any of what Story reports is true.

Funny!

A lot of other people apparently have that problem too!

Here's a thread on ATS about Christopher EH Story,

Christopher Story - Fraud? - You Decide - ATS

As one member of ATS, the OP of the above thread, seethelight, put it ...

If you want more, ask, but I'm not gonna type it all up if I'm the only one that cares he's a con-artist...which he is.

Kind of ironic, his last name being the thing he likes to tell, ... a story.

[edit on 7/27/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It's probably been transfered into obama's false flag fund. Or anybody no of any secret underground building? nine billion could build a nice shelter of the government higher ups.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join