It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skywatch Australia - If Venus and Mars are setting to the West, what then is rising in the East

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Hi All,

So as the title sugges's what else is in the sky lately? So apparently Venus is currently very bright and close proximity. In the Australian sky Venus has been intencly and amazingly bright for the first few hours after dusk and sets in the West along with Mars.
My question is what is it that has been rising in the Eastern sky somewhere between 9-11pm. Some nights i have noticed it is also very bright (similar to Venus) and not like a normal star

Anyone know of or have seen the object i am talking about? Any thoughts on what it is?.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Havick007]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Could be Jupiter.

Maybe even Sirius, but that rises a bit later.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

i thought it may have been Jupiter but is that out just before dawn, about 2 months ago i was up at 5am looking at it through the telescope. Oh and i do know things change as the months go by but just wasnt sure.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Right now it's rising not long after the moon and staying in the night sky all night till dawn.

Also very bright, mag -2.25

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Hi ive just had a look on the programe stellarium, and there are quite a few bright planet/stars that pop up in the east between 9 - 11pm.

Have you got stellarium? Its a good programe to have, helps me out alot

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

no probs thanx, yeah ill have to get it i think

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Could be Jupiter.

the same lie every time eh?

ehh!!!

2ND

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
DELETED

Not worth even trying to communicate with idiots.

[edit on 27/7/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's Jupiter. I was curious as to what planet or star it was because I've been seeing it rising from the east well I've been up later at night. If I'm not sure what something is I'll check Stellarium, so it should be Jupiter.

I'm in New Zealand, so you'd have the same view of the sky as me at that time.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

when posting you have to be at least 100% that what you think what it might be in the sky usually some people don't use the word maybe, which makes feel as if your not positive.

I am only saying it might be a huge comet, that's all, and please thread OP take pictures next time ok?

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

when posting you have to be at least 100% that what you think what it might be in the sky usually some people don't use the word maybe, which makes feel as if your not positive.

I am only saying it might be a huge comet, that's all, and please thread OP take pictures next time ok?

"Between 9 and 11" is an imprecise statement. Naturally, Chadwickus can only respond conditionally. Would you prefer someone who said: "I'm positive it's Nibiru because I have superhuman cognition?" Yes, it could be a comet but that news would have been e-mailed to death by now.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This is what the sky is like in New Zealand at 11pm, sure enough the bright star you're seeing is probably Jupiter rising.

You might have to right click on the image and select 'view image' or something, it's cut off.

Or just click on this link.

[edit on 27/7/10 by dmorgan]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

Careful, you'll be called a liar.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Could be Jupiter.

the same lie every time eh?

I thinks it Nibiru or maybe even jesus coming back...oh, it could also be emissions from hollow earth....wake up and do a little research before accusing anyone of something you have no idea about.....

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

A huge comet? And what, no amateur astronomers happened to notice and get their name on it before it got "huge"? What's more likely, Jupiter or a huge comet no one else bothered to notice or report on? There was no reason to call Chad a liar, that was just uncalled for. His explanation makes perfect sense.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by ngchunter]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Certain members of ATS are serial agent provocateurs, pun intended.

AGENT_USA_SUPPORTER is but one of them. The likes of him will try and transform a perfectly decent discussion - one that has all the investigative hallmarks of a decent thread - by proclaiming his one-sided views aggresively.

There was no reason to call Chad a liar, that was just uncalled for.

Quite right, and he has been reported accordingly.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

You are correct.

I've shared my feelings about this member to the mods as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There was a article for the 23rd of july that explained what to watch for with jupiter over the next few weeks or so...

earthsky.org...

The link offers a image of the eastern sky with jupiter

Right now Jupiter is in the eastern sky in late evening, rising around midnight. It’s rather high in your southern sky by daybreak. For the next several months Jupiter will appear to drift slowly westward among the faint stars of Pisces, the Fishes. Because of their true motions, Jupiter and the other outer planets normally drift slowly eastward against the background of the stars. However, during this time (which ends on November 19), Jupiter appears slightly farther to the west each night. You can’t tell this from night to night with just your eyes, but if you note Jupiter’s position relative to some nearby stars, you should be able to notice it over a period of a few weeks. On the up side, Jupiter is very easy to identify – just face east and look for he brightest object in the sky. On the down side, the King of the Planets is now passing through Pisces, which is one of the faintest of the major constellations. There are no bright stars near Jupiter. This makes it a little difficult to judge its motion.

On the other hand, the easily identified Square of Pegasus stays close Jupiter all year. It provides a convenient landmark (or “skymark”) against which to gauge Jupiter’s apparent motion. If you start tonight (or sometime soon), and plot Jupiter’s apparent position every week or so through November, you should notice a distinct “retrograde loop.” The fact that it is a loop rather than a straight back and forth plot simply reflects the changing orientation of Jupiter’s slightly tilted orbit.

Around midnight...I start to notice Jupiter popping out amongst the other stars in the east. Its by far the brightest object in the east right now.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

If am a provocateur where is my money? then

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join