It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia UFO sighting, July 25, 2010 all 4 parts

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
Note also all the noisy insect activity.

So I suspect what you have videoed, Airborne, is a group of fireflies or firefly larvae.

Here's a video of fireflies blinking on and off for comparison.

Fireflies?

LOL, C'mon...

edit: Thought you were talking about the initial videos. Didn't know you were referencing the daylight still image.

But still, I don't think that they're fireflies. You can't see their luminescence like that during the day. Probably just an image artifact.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by susp3kt]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

I am referring to the nighttime videos. The daylight video shows you the area the camera was filming. As you can see from that video the lights were just up the side of the hill on the ground. That makes the lights very small - let's say about the size of - hmmm, fireflies!

The image I posted has an overlay of the nighttime video on top of the daytime shot to show where the lights were and the "fireflies" sit neatly on the tree stump and dead branches as I've already said.

Strangely, a lot of people still seem to think that this was an object in the sky!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

reply to post by susp3kt

I am referring to the nighttime videos. The daylight video shows you the area the camera was filming. As you can see from that video the lights were just up the side of the hill on the ground. That makes the lights very small - let's say about the size of - hmmm, fireflies!

The image I posted has an overlay of the nighttime video on top of the daytime shot to show where the lights were and the "fireflies" sit neatly on the tree stump and dead branches as I've already said.

Strangely, a lot of people still seem to think that this was an object in the sky!

You seem to have done a nice job overlaying but, just because there is a tree stump there doesn't prove too much to me. In fact, the whole forest has larvae. If the stump wasn't there, then what?

Edit to add. Can you show us how you managed to overlay the night image exactly over the stump without a reference point?

[edit on 28-7-2010 by FlySolo]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

...In fact, the whole forest has larvae. If the stump wasn't there, then what?

Airborne has said he has seen them on different trees and in different parts of the forest.

In this instance it seems he videoed them on the tree stump.

He says he will be back there this weekend. If they reappear he can easily confirm if they are, or are not, fireflies.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
"Oh, I've gotta charge this up. I'm out of juice."

Um. When your battery goes dead you don't get audio or video.

Goes dead.. not is dead.. and there could have been a low battery indicator which was not mentioned. Is it possible?

So ya.. you do get audio and video when its "going dead".. but I agree you dont when it "is dead".

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

...In fact, the whole forest has larvae. If the stump wasn't there, then what?

Airborne has said he has seen them on different trees and in different parts of the forest.

Exactly! Then the stump argument is a moot point

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
They claim to see these lights 5 nights in a row on the side of a mountain yet they did not bother to go investigate and get close? Hmmm Really? I do not see anything unusual in the video just lights on the side of a mountain perhaps campers? Nor do i see said lights take flight which would deem it a UFO.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

Have you ever been close to a UFO before? Have you ever seen a horror movie where one goes to "INVESTIGATE?" It never turns out good.

Granted, I know, they usually are silly white people/teenagers (pending on the movie you're watching) who always seem to get themselves in binds because of their dimwitted natures, and unrelenting curiosity.

Then there's that whole phrase..."Curiosity killed the cat."

When you get a chance to film a UFO, hopefully you'll be the brave one to go investigate in a dark, unfamiliar forest.

Not that I want to spread fear here, because I don't believe all extraterrestrials are malevolent, but, there's this little thing called "common sense."

Namaste and Love

[edit on 28-7-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Yes I am sure that Intelligent alien life who have spent thousands of years trying not to be seen will listen to a couple of people mentally forwarding instructions on how to move "For the camera"!
sorry if my original post was hurtful

[edit on 28-7-2010 by madhadder545]

[edit on 28-7-2010 by madhadder545]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by madhadder545

Whew...

Someone must have had a dish of their own excrement this morning to have an attitude as disgusting as yours.

Namaste to you. And don't get me wrong, I am not saying Namaste to the idiot I just responded to. I am saying Namaste to the divine, and intelligent being that resides and shares the same space with the demonic piece of crap that madhadder545 calls his ego.

Namaste and Love

[edit on 28-7-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Dear camera man with Parkinsons disease: please get your tripod like you said you would, or pass the camera to the healthy person next to you.

thanks.

NEXT....

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision
Dear camera man with Parkinsons disease: please get your tripod like you said you would, or pass the camera to the healthy person next to you.

thanks.

NEXT....

Ad Hominem attacks really show how well you articulate yourself. Anything to contribute of value? Sooo off topic there bro

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

You're amazingly thick-headed..
Not only did he get a video but he video taped it during the day, had other witnesses go on camera with him, described everything in detail, the environment and the corroborating witnesses were there to back him up.

That is MUCH more than the average person does yet you feel like he should be a forensic scientist with the situation.. I'm sure nothing less than an orb in a jar would suit you.

The term jackass comes to mind when I read your posts.

b

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Originally posted by Airborne880
So if we are all lucky, including you..... maybe... just maybe I will get something better.

If you do manage to get more footage I and many others would be interested in the following data:

Times of events, durations of formations, blinking lights, air traffic, any noise other than 'nature' the altitude, point of references, and most importantly any helicopters in the area after the sighting also a description of how you and/or your companions felt during the sighting, any loss of time experienced and/or electrical interference during the sighting not too much to ask for is it

Like you would know what to do with that information anyway. Air traffic?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Airborne880;

Welcome and thanks for the videos. I would love to make a few suggestions for your next try at this:
1) Go over your camera, see if it has a video stabilizer. Turn it on!!!! This will help with some clarity.
2) Reference: though the stick lights are good, in the dark it will still be hard to make a scale based on the lights alone. So w/o lighting the sticks during the day, do your establishing footage (the day shots of the wooded area) first, showing the location of the sticks and ground distance. So get like 4, stick in the ground in measured distance and record this with video and tape measure. Then try to get an idea of how tall the trees are w/in the shot area. You may want one or two light sticks in the trees if you can rig a hoist. (Don't recommend climbing trees in the dark even if you practiced in the day time.)
3) Practice focus - (you can also do this during shooting) Have someone stand as far away from you as your zoom will allow a clear, close up shot of their eyes. You don't want nose or eyebrows included. That is your distance range. Never zoom completely out or in because that makes your video unstable to begin with. Just zoom all the way out then give it a tiny tap in. That should get you a clearer shot.
Really wish I could go hunting with you. Good luck!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Ad Hominem attacks really show how well you articulate yourself. Anything to contribute of value? Sooo off topic there bro

Did I hurt your feelings? I am sorry...bro.

I'd say my post was very on topic. This is 10,089th clip I've seen this year where the ignoramus filming can't seem to keep his/her hands still. It renders what would have been a great piece of footage as utterly useless. What are they doing? Swatting flies? Doing back flips? It boggles the mind.

Beat the beat, bro....time to hit the gym, then tanning, then laundry....

[edit on 28-7-2010 by NightVision]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision

thanks.
NEXT....

With millions of completely ridiculous shakey cam vids of blurry lights on youtube, I think his criticism is completely justified.

If people cannot contribute something tangible, then I don't believe they should contribute. They may as well be spouting bigfoot and loch ness monster sightings....

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Night vision and Alexendar,

Show me some of your epic videos you got while you were not prepared ok? oh hum, thought so. BTW, telling someone they have Parkinson's isn't cool

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RamsOnTop
It sounds like bad acting to me. The guy filming just gives the impression of trying too hard and does not seem sincere to me.

I'm really sick of this as an answer to anything on ATS.
Unless you are a:
1) Director
2) Acting Instructor
3) Actor

Then maybe you should leave this comment alone. This kills me. People don't live their lives for MTV, BET or VH1 - and none of those so called 'reality shows' are real, THEY ARE ACTING/THAT'S WHY IS SEEMS GOOD TO YOU!
So if you are not Cecil B. Demille, kill this train of thought. It is so darn silly.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Night vision and Alexendar,

Show me some of your epic videos you got while you were not prepared ok? oh hum, thought so. BTW, telling someone they have Parkinson's isn't cool

This is like "America's got talent" for U F O 's....

I am David Hasselhoff and I've seen all these vids before. If you don't bring something new and tangible to the show, I am going to press the buzzer and boot you off.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by alexander_delta]

[edit on 28-7-2010 by alexander_delta]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by alexander_delta

What kind of answer was that? Well, you have something to show how much better you can do or don't you?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join