It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia UFO sighting, July 25, 2010 all 4 parts

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by n120by60w
reply to post by k3rm1t

The filmer state's

That he is new to the area.
That the pictures were taken on his new property.
That the property is located in a mountainous area.
That the Filmer now owns the mountain.

Are there deposits of quartz in the area?
What type of geological deposit created the mountain.
Has there been any earth quake activity in the area in the past?

1 101010

--Watcher

I know very little of the area in terms of geology. I know that the area is rich in Indian and Civil War history and in fact have found arrowheads there. How cool is that? Anyway... the area is mostly used by hunters who hunt Deer, Black Bear and wild Turkeys. On this particular mountain.... it would not be an easy task to climb i for any reason. In fact... in my youtube videos, I have posted tow videos that show us attempting a climb about two weeks ago. Check those videos out for a better fell for the place. I am from Los Angeles and know my way around an earthquake. I do not believe that is a concern out in this area. I hope that helped some.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimstradamus
reply to post by Airborne880

Would you happen to have any daytime pictures of the area you witnessed the lights ?

Maybe you could point out the location of the lights in relation to the surroundings.

Thanks for coming here to explain the situation, and not being evasive

Please watch all four videos posted here and on youtube and you will see the area in the daytime. In fact, if you go to youtube, click on my name, go to my videos, you will see that the boys and I attempted to climb the mountain about two weeks back and failed at the attempt. That video will give you a greater feel for the place. Thanks for the comments.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

My apologies Sir,

I have only watched the first two videos so far, its 4am here and i jumped the gun

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Hey Airborne,

Great story. I can quite clearly see that this is a genuine witness account.
You have presented and answered well!!!! Better than most on here.
I'm getting bored of reading replies from idiots who dont bother reading the full thread!
I have seen exactly what you have seen here in the UK back in 83 in the Welsh mountains. Not uncommon. Many people witnessed them and I believe there are posts on here about them. Small dots of light going at great speeds and at great distance, doing manouvers that no man-made objects (that we know of) could do.

Good Hunting

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Airborne880
What idiot would spend time on a crappy hoax like this?

Somebody who is looking for a little recognition from Youtube and this site.

If I was going to fake something, it would be a lot better quality. Anyways... since you are quick to throw the hoax dart... I wonder what you will say if I do manage to get another video... a better video.

I will gladly eat my words and be watching it intently, please do not mistake me, I have no qualms at all about being proven wrong, indeed I want you to prove me wrong, give us something that we can get our teeth in to.

My guess is that you will still say its a hoax. People here are correct. Many people simply dont want to see anything beyond what they think that they know. Call it a closed mind whatever. Not knowing what is shown or not believed that its a UFO is one thing.... calling someone a liar (if its a hoax I'm a liar) because of a "gut" feeling is something else.

There will be members laughing out loud after reading your post. Stick around my friend and you will find out what I am all about. Closed mind is certainly not me
I have been on this site for many years and over time you get to see things and learn new things and find out how people work when it comes to threads and posts. My mind is clear and indeed open but not so much that my brain is falling out.

My guess is that your gut is not in very good shape.

When it comes to my gut feeling and you can check all my posts in my profie I am very seldom wrong. This isn't just something I say everyday, I have looked at the videos and to me I am not feeling the vibe.

In any case...... rock on with your quick trigger finger, accusatory , labeling mouth. Its an indication of a man with few if any friends. To you, i'm a hoax. To me... your pathetic.

Your words have scarred me, you do not know anything about me yet you launch a vicious verbal attack on me because I am saying that this is a hoax. Like I said prove me wrong, get a better video and don't forget to charge the batteries this time. Also please make sure that you get a point of reference so that we can gauge the height and the velocity of the objects in question.

I await your response.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I don't think this is a hoax as some are implying. But it's possibly a misidentification of natural phenomena.

When we see the daylight video of the location it is clear that the objects where close to the camera operator and on the forest floor.

Note also all the noisy insect activity.

So I suspect what you have videoed, Airborne, is a group of fireflies or firefly larvae.

Here's a video of fireflies blinking on and off for comparison.

Your's clearly aren't flashing in this way but from wikipedia "They have evolved a variety of ways to communicate with mates in courtships. From steady glows, flashing, as well as the use of chemical signals unrelated to photic systems."

Next time you see them try approaching. (But take your gun just in case I'm wrong)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

If I was going to fake something, it would be a lot better quality. Anyways... since you are quick to throw the hoax dart... I wonder what you will say if I do manage to get another video... a better video.

I will gladly eat my words and be watching it intently, please do not mistake me, I have no qualms at all about being proven wrong, indeed I want you to prove me wrong, give us something that we can get our teeth in to.

My guess is that you will still say its a hoax. People here are correct. Many people simply dont want to see anything beyond what they think that they know. Call it a closed mind whatever. Not knowing what is shown or not believed that its a UFO is one thing.... calling someone a liar (if its a hoax I'm a liar) because of a "gut" feeling is something else.

There will be members laughing out loud after reading your post. Stick around my friend and you will find out what I am all about. Closed mind is certainly not me
I have been on this site for many years and over time you get to see things and learn new things and find out how people work when it comes to threads and posts. My mind is clear and indeed open but not so much that my brain is falling out.

When it comes to my gut feeling and you can check all my posts in my profie I am very seldom wrong. This isn't just something I say everyday, I have looked at the videos and to me I am not feeling the vibe.

In any case...... rock on with your quick trigger finger, accusatory , labeling mouth. Its an indication of a man with few if any friends. To you, i'm a hoax. To me... your pathetic.

Your words have scarred me, you do not know anything about me yet you launch a vicious verbal attack on me because I am saying that this is a hoax. Like I said prove me wrong, get a better video and don't forget to charge the batteries this time. Also please make sure that you get a point of reference so that we can gauge the height and the velocity of the objects in question.

I await your response.

It's now 6:00am and in spit of my talk of going to bed hours ago... here I sit. Ever since the weekend sightings... I have been glued to the internet and including this site. I fear that when I do go lie down, I will sleep all day long and though my body is tired beyond description... my mind has not stopped facing. and so.... your in luck... I will answer your post.
With respect to your chastising me for attacking you verbally.I find the hypocrisy almost palatable. On the one hand, you repeatedly call me a liar by use of the word "hoax" and yet, on the other hand, you feel attacked by my response? WTF? Then.... you say that I don't know you and follow it up with references by way of your time and input on this site. Well sir.... guess what? You don't know me either and yet.... based on the lack of a vibe you publicly label me a fraud? Someone who is seeking attention?
Let's look at that for a moment. Attention from youtube, you say. Have you done your homework on this before labeling me a fraud? Have you clicked into my youtube account, watched all of my videos... looked at the date that I subscribed, etc? basic investigation and it might give you a little incite. Please do it and then see if you still feel that way. And no.... I have nothing to prove to you but you don't seem like a total A hole.... just a rude, arrogant guy who is pretty cocky when it comes to judgment of strangers.
Now...referred to attention from this site? Do you recall that I was invited to this site by another member? I had never heard of this site until then.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Do you recall that I was invited to this site by another member? I had never heard of this site until then.

Well, after this thread has gone by the wayside and another thread of shakey lights takes its place and another and another and another and another and another and another (you catch my drift) you may just see where the 'debunkers' naysayers' are coming from.

Puting our differences aside for a moment.....................

Stick around and you will learn alot from this site I promise you.

Looking forward to your next video with a tripod

edit:

BTW - Tongue and cheek you didn't really offend me this is ATS

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I await your response.

Part Two of my response: So yes... I will attempt many many other contacts and so my own investigation. No matter what quality of video (if any) I manage to gather, I will post it for all to see. There will never be a shortage of people like you and thats the way the world works. While I would hate a world where everyone agreed and all were "yes men", I would love one where people could debate without being nasty about it. It's the anonymity that the internet world provides us all. People who would not look me in the eye in person, can sit on a couch eating cheese puffs by the case and talk rough and tough and rude and insulting. I's a chance for the weak to be strong for a moment. What can I do about them. Nothing.

So if we are all lucky, including you..... maybe... just maybe I will get something better. But no matter what....... I will continue to explore and share with people. i will be kind and hold my own tongue unless provoked and I will continue to marvel at those who somehow believe that they add to the life experience by being a negative addition to a positive project. Your a big boy I suppose. Can you just think of a way that you could express your doubts without insulting strangers? Did it ever occur to you that you may be wrong? Is your ego so inflated that you really see yourself as the guy with the power to label people accurately. You may see it as confidence. I see it as ignorance in its purest form.
Anyway...... thats all 4 now

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Thanks again for your response. Very Intereseting. I asked because of similar experience. During this I realised that the prescence I was observing in the sky was present in my mind also. Requests I were making were happening simaltaneously with the object in the sky. They were very childish requests. It scared the hell out of me at first but I didn't bolt because something inside refused to budge.

Anyway I initially stated that I thought the video look scripted. I have obseved all your input into the thread. I also had a look at your utube channel. I would like to withdraw my comments now regarding the material looking scripted.

The overall picture I have of this has led me to believe this was probably a very real event.

Thanks for your time and thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Its clearly a weather balloon filled with swamp gas and a chineese lantern attached to it so that its visable to aircraft

[edit on 28-7-2010 by jonhplayer]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
I don't think this is a hoax as some are implying. But it's possibly a misidentification of natural phenomena.

When we see the daylight video of the location it is clear that the objects where close to the camera operator and on the forest floor.

Note also all the noisy insect activity.

So I suspect what you have videoed, Airborne, is a group of fireflies or firefly larvae.

Here's a video of fireflies blinking on and off for comparison.

Your's clearly aren't flashing in this way but from wikipedia "They have evolved a variety of ways to communicate with mates in courtships. From steady glows, flashing, as well as the use of chemical signals unrelated to photic systems."

Next time you see them try approaching. (But take your gun just in case I'm wrong)

Thank you for your thoughts on this. I am not close to being sure of what I saw... thats certain. I did consider the firefly possibility but only for a second. That is because the absolute brightness of what we saw (of course not shown on the video) was a brightness beyond description. At one point... about 30 to 50 of these things formed a perfect octagon shape and then all intensified their brightness in sync. They were so bright that it was difficult to look directly at them but you could not pull your eyes away from them either.

While it may have been a natural phenomenon, I really dont think that it was firefly s. And by the way... we have not seen any firefly s in those woods... on the mountain. We do see them in the trees and bushes along the creek that runs through th property, but that's it,
e
Thanks again and stay tuned.... maybe I will be able to bring more to the table in terms of solid or at least better evidence. Stay safe,

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

So if we are all lucky, including you..... maybe... just maybe I will get something better.

If you do manage to get more footage I and many others would be interested in the following data:

Times of events, durations of formations, blinking lights, air traffic, any noise other than 'nature' the altitude, point of references, and most importantly any helicopters in the area after the sighting also a description of how you and/or your companions felt during the sighting, any loss of time experienced and/or electrical interference during the sighting not too much to ask for is it

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Do you recall that I was invited to this site by another member? I had never heard of this site until then.

Well, after this thread has gone by the wayside and another thread of shakey lights takes its place and another and another and another and another and another and another (you catch my drift) you may just see where the 'debunkers' naysayers' are coming from.

Puting our differences aside for a moment.....................

Stick around and you will learn alot from this site I promise you.

Looking forward to your next video with a tripod

Roger that. I may not have been on this site, but I have seen my share of shaky videos of lights. I have felt that frustration. But now that I am a guy who has submitted a couple of them...... I dont look at them all the same anymore. I will still wish that they were clearer but then again.... if it were that easy.... we would be bored watching the thousands of crystal clear UFO images.

I will stick around and I look forward to helping you understand your mistake in your rush to judgment in this case. While the shaky lights may be identified as natural or man made objects down the road..... my own credibility and integrity will soon be very apparent and difficult for even you to ignore. Soon you may see that not only am I NOT craving attention but the attention that I do get could cost my family and I a lot.

In any case... peace.

edit:

BTW - Tongue and cheek you didn't really offend me this is ATS

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Thanks again for your response. Very Intereseting. I asked because of similar experience. During this I realised that the prescence I was observing in the sky was present in my mind also. Requests I were making were happening simaltaneously with the object in the sky. They were very childish requests. It scared the hell out of me at first but I didn't bolt because something inside refused to budge.

Anyway I initially stated that I thought the video look scripted. I have obseved all your input into the thread. I also had a look at your utube channel. I would like to withdraw my comments now regarding the material looking scripted.

The overall picture I have of this has led me to believe this was probably a very real event.

Thanks for your time and thanks for sharing.

Thank you for being thorough and looking into my other youtube activity and mostly for retracting the scripted thing. Brother... what you saw is what happened and in that sense alone was and is authentic. And by authentic... I mean that we really did se something mysterious and as of yet, unexplained. It all may be identified and explained and nothing magical or scientific but whatever the case... we were not there creating a story. I am happy that you see that and bravo for your having the guts and integrity to offer that up in public.

Thanks again and stay safe

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Thanks for the response Airborne, but still with the firefly possibility I've overlayed the night video onto the daylight location. Of course, this is a long shot and doesn't take into account the zoom factors of the different shots, but anyway... it's worth a try!

There appears to be a tree stump protruding from the forest floor and the lights align to the top of it fitting its contours nicely and the two other lights fall onto the dead branches above the stump. A typical habitat for insect larvae.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Interesting videos!

It would be great if the following happens:

A) Someone here could do some video analysis, like altering the video to see if the lights can be seen clearer, or what indeed is forming the lights, like a aircraft/spacecraft/natural phenomena perhaps.

B) Part of the next video, if it captures the lights, to be filmed in night-vision and on a tripod, which might make the lights clearer, and what may be making them.

C) Begin filming either at dawn or dusk to see if the lights are still visable, and perhaps being able to see them better.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Regensturm]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Wow!!! I am very very impressed with your work!!!! It is a great job! I am way way to tired to be very articulate now but I will re examine this when I get a nap. I see your point and seeing the overlay it seems possible. i just can't get past the brightness of the lights when they were at their brightest point. Hmmmm.... this is interesting but if they are insects.... they have some unbelievable ability s in terms of forming perfect geometric shapes. i realize that I did not capture those shapes on the videos but they were there.

No matter what it turns out to be... thank you so much for working on helping us all find the answers. This is the kind of investigating that I like and it produces answers by ruling things in or out. Thanks again!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

The mountain is very close to New Market. Closer yet to the town of Broadway. If you are close to that area.... please grab a camera... a charging cable and a tripod and give me a hand by posting some of your videos up here. It would be fantastic to get more than one person seeing the same things and filming them as well. Are you close to these areas? Thanks for the post brother.

Hey, you might end up with another Gilliland's ECETI ranch up there.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
They lost me at "ask it to divide"...

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join