It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia UFO sighting, July 25, 2010 all 4 parts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

There is no cell signal up there and you have to drive 20 minutes to get one. My cell phone was off and in the house and I never considered it. I doubt it would pick up the image, as the digital video camera failed to do it and its a nice one. My son's cell was not on him. My Nephew is 15 and has no cell. My wife had her cell off and in the truck.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
So between all you guys no one had a phone that takes pictures? I mean really, if this little orb was just sitting there I find it hard to believe no pictures were taken.

I would have walked up and grabbed it in my hands. If it felt you were a threat it would have flown away.

One other thing about the two that came in very close. They were very hard to see with the naked eye. The one on the right was so dim and strange that you almost had to look next to it, in order to see it. Like you couldn't look directly at it or it would fade out . The thing about it is.... it was like that for all of us. It's like trying to focus on a floater in your eye but more clear than that.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by the.lights
I for one believe them. This is exactly the way it goes with these things right now. Remote locations. Lots of trees. Classic orb sighting.

All the orb videos I've seen involved a very large distance. This guy is saying it was smaller than a man's fist. An orb smaller than a man's fist debunks all the orb sitings in which it was quite a distance.

Last time, until it lands on the white house steps then no one will believe it.

If anyone gets video on the white house steps with Obama and McCain scratching their heads then I will believe it. I believe they exist but I just don't believe these crazy videos.

As far as I know, it's some dude in a Cessna (lights off) throwing flares out of the plane. That's just as plausible. If they can fake crop circles they can fake triangles in the sky.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Airborne880
reply to post by Come Clean

There is no cell signal up there and you have to drive 20 minutes to get one. My cell phone was off and in the house and I never considered it. I doubt it would pick up the image, as the digital video camera failed to do it and its a nice one. My son's cell was not on him. My Nephew is 15 and has no cell. My wife had her cell off and in the truck.

I agree with you here. When I saw the nine orbs I witnessed, several more orbs went over afterwards. I pulled the car over as I had my digital camera with me. What was strange is that the camera took blurred pictures as one of the camera settings was screwed (strange, as it was working fine the day before). Also, I filmed orb activity in a wooded area the following year and was able to capture the main orb but the smaller, fainter orbs visible to the naked eye did not appear on the camera, which was HD.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It's just demonic manifestations no big deal,

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Also you know how they were "thinking things" towards the lights? You know they were asking it to "do things"?

Well thats why I said a "previously unknown psychic-telekinetic ability"; because maybe the people themselves created the 'orbs of light' merely with the power of their minds?

Seriously though I really appreciate that idea, I think it's as plausible if not more plausible than my demon theory.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Guys! This is just one more video in millions that purport to claim they exist. Just like the millions that came before this one. This video has no indisputable evidence to make it true.

What I need is indisputable video evidence. Not another video in millions that don't prove jack.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm outta here. This one is debunked just because they are trying so hard to make it true.

Call me when it lands on the White House steps.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by the.lights
I for one believe them. This is exactly the way it goes with these things right now. Remote locations. Lots of trees. Classic orb sighting.

All the orb videos I've seen involved a very large distance. This guy is saying it was smaller than a man's fist. An orb smaller than a man's fist debunks all the orb sitings in which it was quite a distance.

Last time, until it lands on the white house steps then no one will believe it.

If anyone gets video on the white house steps with Obama and McCain scratching their heads then I will believe it. I believe they exist but I just don't believe these crazy videos.

As far as I know, it's some dude in a Cessna (lights off) throwing flares out of the plane. That's just as plausible. If they can fake crop circles they can fake triangles in the sky.

It's nice to know that you believe in orbs. Really. But whether you choose to believe the videos you have seen or not, the only way you are going to truly believe it is if you see one for yourself, in the flesh. As a witness to orbs I can tell you there is no more beautiful thing you can encounter, and I am one of those people who is easily knocked out by beautiful sunsets or a pretty woodland glade. But what I saw goes beyond all of that.

BTW I disagree with you with your comment about the small orbs. I have seen, in at least one of my sightings, at least two tiny, faint orbs gravitating around a much brighter, larger orb. And I know, with some of those I have spoken to who've had similar encounters, that these things seem to have the ability to change their size. I can't say I've seen them changing size, but I have seen at least two smaller ones.

It's frustrating, I know, if you've not seen anything like this, but I'd like to believe they will appear to you one day. Probably when you will be least expecting it..

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I'm outta here. This one is debunked just because they are trying so hard to make it true.

well... first off... we are not trying to make anything true or not true. We are trying to explain something that we saw.

Second... dont let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

So between all you guys no one had a phone that takes pictures? I mean really, if this little orb was just sitting there I find it hard to believe no pictures were taken.

I would have walked up and grabbed it in my hands. If it felt you were a threat it would have flown away.

Do you know what a photograph of a dot of light looks like?

A Star.

That is why you need Motion Video.

Also I wouldn't grab something like that, what if it is 400+ degrees ? You will fry your hands off silly...

[edit on 27-7-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Airborne880

well... first off... we are not trying to make anything true or not true. We are trying to explain something that we saw.

Second... dont let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

That was beautiful!

Airborne - dont' respond to these "few naysayers". There are several that will just come here and put you down. Don't feed their ego. It just feeds them for more debate. Put them on "ignore".

There are too many of us that are interested in your genuine story and would rather you focus on the specifics.

Can't wait to see your next videos.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Asking it to divide and it does! Ha, what do you think we are? Morons?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Not going to be a skeptic here, but I do have a few questions.

5 nights in a row and you didn't have batteries charged up?

Next, and you didn't have a tripod that was stable?

If it were me I would have went to the local Best Buy on the 2nd night bought the best damn High definition Camera money could buy, or charged it, and tossed in an awesome tripod.

Then took footage for as many nights as I could with professional gear, after you could have taken back camera equipment. I would not have waited one more night ill prepared, but that is just me.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Realtruth]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Airborne880

It seems reasonable to me to use video to respond to questions, if that makes you more comfortable.

I have yet another question, by the way, about the videos posted in 1st post. Did you have an unobstructed view of the ufos? Were you filming them through trees or open sky? I'd also appreciate if you can answer my previous questions as exactly as possible regarding the sighting in videos from 1st post.

So for I have no reason to doubt that you experienced a real sighting, though it should be remembered that a large portion of ufo sightings can be appropriately explained as having been plausibly (or definitely) caused by mundane phenomena. Don't be disappointed in that contingency. I think it's just as fun to witness something extraordinary as it is to discover the earthly explanation to a vexing mystery. (Okay, maybe not equally as fun.)

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Tearman]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I didn't have time to comb thru to look at all of the posts, so maybe somebody has already said this:

Maybe the next time you see the things, you could just walk over there into the woods and see what it is. Still filming and everything, but just walking out there and checking it out.

Great video.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
I didn't have time to comb thru to look at all of the posts, so maybe somebody has already said this:

Maybe the next time you see the things, you could just walk over there into the woods and see what it is. Still filming and everything, but just walking out there and checking it out.

Great video.

Its a steep climb and I would not have done it. We all discussed it during the second sighting and the kids wanted to go up. My wife was afraid of snakes and bears and I was in agreement with her. if one of them slipped and got hurt or stepped on a rattlesnake at that hour.... it would have been a bad deal. Thanks for the comments

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
"Oh, I've gotta charge this up. I'm out of juice."

Um. When your battery goes dead you don't get audio or video.

Thought he said "I'm runnin' out of juice", but nevertheless if he brought his camera out specifically to film UFOs you would think he would have fully charged his battery.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Interesting thread....yet in a different way than I originally read it.

I will definitely be curious to see how this progresses.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by XKrossX]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Go for it, get more shots. About a week ago, we had three low flying ones over our cabin and lake here in mi. Wish I would have had a camera then. These were orange with a plasma like glow surrounding the orb at about 2000 ft. heh, I out here on the porch tonight, got the cell phone with me, perhaps?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
"Oh, I've gotta charge this up. I'm out of juice."

Um. When your battery goes dead you don't get audio or video.

It was in the process of DYING, it wasn't already dead. I have several video cameras, and even when they are DYING, I can still get video and audio.

You might want to sit this one out.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join