It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia UFO sighting, July 25, 2010 all 4 parts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
They should ask it to steady the camera in their minds.

Hahaha! I know it looks shaky and let me tell you.... it is NOT easy to hold the camera steady when filming something so small. I will use a tripod next time.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
reply to post by Airborne880

Well good luck on getting more vids of these strange lights, looking forward to the footage, is it possible you can add the footage here to this thread as well and I hope you enjoy your stay here on ATS

Thanks and I will post here... now that I know about the site. Wish us luck and believe me.... if they show again, I will be ready and work hard to get better footage. I have a strong feeling that we will see more of these.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Good luck with your next sighting. Hope to see more. You're a brave lot 'cos that place looks spooky. What's the racket, is that crickets? It sounds like the triffids are on their way. I'd have scarpered soon as it got dark.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hello Airborn880, welcome to the fun house
I have to give you many kudos for being brave enough to take this pack on

Also included in those Kudos are, being patient enough to try and answer all that has been thrown at you,and not to mention, do it in a "Articulate" manner. Something refreshing to see.I think I hope you continue to share your thoughts on many of the fronts this site has to offer in the coming future.

As far as your footage goes, I think you caught something pretty cool, but I am in the camp of Please take a tripod next time.

The battery power? I have to wonder or ask, was it fully charged to begin with, or did it have a major power drain? Lots of folks know what can happen with batteries when around the "unusual."

You mention that if we only knew what you did for a living... lol Im guessing military, but only because of "uh hem," the name!

Anyhow welcome aboard and definitely looking forward to the updates

ops forgot myself here, thanks to the OP for getting us here. S&F

[edit on 27-7-2010 by yigsstarhouse]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Good luck with your next sighting. Hope to see more. You're a brave lot 'cos that place looks spooky. What's the racket, is that crickets? It sounds like the triffids are on their way. I'd have scarpered soon as it got dark.

Hahah. I hear you. It is an isolated place but that is why we bought it. I have a great instinct for people and places that are a threat and I have not felt that here. That being said... it is an area heavy with Black Bear, rattlesnakes and copperhead snakes so I really worry about my best friend Charlie.... my Golden retriever. I always have a gun with me and in fact... that was the other reason I bought the place. I love to shoot guns and this is a great place to target shoot. I do not hunt but would do what I needed to protect Charlie and the family. It really is a beautiful place and yes... the noise you heard was crickets and other forest life singing loud as they do every night. Thanks for the comment.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hi Airborne880, can you recollect these details about any of your sighting(s)?

What were the times and dates of the sighting(s)?

In what part of the sky did the ufos appear? What compass direction, and what angle above the horizon?

Did the ufos move across the sky? In a straight line? At what pace?

Can you estimate the apparent size(s) of the disturbances (the area of sky they covered)? A good reference for making comparisons is the apparent size of the full moon or a thumbnail held at arm's length.

What colors where the ufos?

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Tearman]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
sorry to report i run his voice on a lie detector software , this guy failed more then 3 times so i would say this guy is a liar

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse
Hello Airborn880, welcome to the fun house
I have to give you many kudos for being brave enough to take this pack on

Also included in those Kudos are, being patient enough to try and answer all that has been thrown at you,and not to mention, do it in a "Articulate" manner. Something refreshing to see.I think I hope you continue to share your thoughts on many of the fronts this site has to offer in the coming future.

As far as your footage goes, I think you caught something pretty cool, but I am in the camp of Please take a tripod next time.

The battery power? I have to wonder or ask, was it fully charged to begin with, or did it have a major power drain? Lots of folks know what can happen with batteries when around the "unusual."

You mention that if we only knew what you did for a living... lol Im guessing military, but only because of "uh hem," the name!

Anyhow welcome aboard and definitely looking forward to the updates

ops forgot myself here, thanks to the OP for getting us here. S&F

[edit on 27-7-2010 by yigsstarhouse]

Hello and thanks for the comments and questions. Thank you for the welcome as well. This seems to be a very cool site. I will say up front that I am starving and will rush this post then go eat. I slept for a long time because for the past few nights... I have only managed about three hours of sleep. All of this has me wide awake and hard to sleep haha.

As for the battery. It's just like a frustrating scary movie when a person sees a ghost, points it out to someone else and the ghost dispersers! The camera thing is driving me crazy because of all times to have this happen..... Anyway... I could not find the charging cable at home when we were packing to go to the cabin for the weekend. The camera battery was dead. I took it with me anyway on the off chance that I had left the charging cable up there during the last visit. On the second day there, while going through a plastic box looking for firearms related stuff... I found the cable! I set it aside and forgot to charge the camera... because we were setting up targets for a day of target practice. Then.... during the second night of seeing the objects and right in the middle of it... I remembered that I had found the cable. I ran into the cabin, plugged it in for a few minutes, ran outside and captured the first video that you saw. Then... I ran back into the cabin, plugged it in again and went out to join the family in watching the objects. After a short while, I got the camera and tried to video the objects. The thing is... none of what we were seeing would show up on camera. Just a black screen with our voices... as though the lens cover was on or something. I saved those videos for the record. There was one more brief video that I was able to capture and that is the second one that you saw.

Anyway.... that's t he camera situation. As for what I do? I am a former U.S. Army Paratrooper and am now in Law Enforcement So..... you can imagine what I would be up against and probably will be up against when the wrong person sees me on youtube. I just think that this subject is much bigger than us or my a career falling apart. it's to important to care about things like that. I won't say where I work but understand that its not may berry RFD. It's a position that calls for clear heads and fears anyone who thinks outside of the box so to speak.

Thanks again and I hope to produce better videos. Please don't hate me if I fail because this is not my specialty.... yet hahaha. I am a firearms guy and know that area well. Filming, uploading, etc.... I am learning as I go.

Stay safe!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by aspx

Is there any reason to believe that test was accurate? I thought lie detector tests require a baseline, and the subject to be in a passive state (as opposed to excited about ufo encounters), and even then they are prone to failure.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by aspx
sorry to report i run his voice on a lie detector software , this guy failed more then 3 times so i would say this guy is a liar

Wow man. I hope that you are joking! If you are not.... I do not appreciate being called a liar. If you dont believe what you see... thats your right but to call me a liar is also calling my wife, son and Nephews liars. Thats a pretty tough action from a stranger to another stranger. I must say that this sight seemed to have a lot of rules.... which I love. I am a rule guy by nature. But if there are to many blatantly rude people who throw out labels as harsh as this..... I will take my future videos elsewhere. This is a huge thing that has happened to my family and though we welcome the experience... i will run short out of mood to deal with rude people very quickly. Think about your words and then.... think about my request for an apology. I have not come here to push some fake story. I was invited here by another member. I would expect this on youtube but this site seemed more professional. I hope that your attitude is not the norm here.

Also... if you really do have some "lie detector" software.... you go ripped off bigtime. You must have bought it from some gimmick shop or e bay because it flat out does not work. Your comment has proven to me that you need to get your money back because if it detected a lie from me ....... it's not worth a pile of dirt. Nice going. A waste of money and a crappy attitude.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
reply to post by aspx

Is there any reason to believe that test was accurate? I thought lie detector tests require a baseline, and the subject to be in a passive state (as opposed to excited about ufo encounters), and even then they are prone to failure.

You are correct. I dont know this dude but I do know that he has no lie detector. Not anything authentic at least.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Your kidding right? a software program? Ffs, we have someoen trying really hard here to help us along with what happened and you are calling them a liar because of a software program??????
your kidding right?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
Hi Airborne880, can you recollect these details about any of your sighting(s)?

What were the times and dates of the sighting(s)?

In what part of the sky did the ufos appear? What compass direction, and what angle above the horizon?

Did the ufos move across the sky? In a straight line? At what pace?

Can you estimate the apparent size(s) of the disturbances (the area of sky they covered)? A good reference for making comparisons is the apparent size of the full moon or a thumbnail held at arm's length.

What colors where the ufos?

Hello. I believe that you are referring to the prior... five days of sightings that happened at another location. If so... here are the answers for now.

I do have the dates and times and will get back to you after eating ...im starved and have been on the computer since I woke up. I do not have the angle above the horizons beyond my estimates. they were pretty high and in one case directly above my head... i assume that would be 12:00?

They moved in different directions for the most part, though most ended up flying off in a north westerly direction.
The objects looked a lot like satellites except that they made right angle turns, stopped, moved slow then shot away at a fast speed. Two of them started off like satellites, stopped, grew very very bright then dimmed out and vanished.

Not that this is related but the very first night of the first sighting, my son and I saw the biggest, brightest greenest fireball fall from the sky down below the horizon. I made an official report of that incident because it was so fantastic!

I hope that helps and let me know if the dates and times are important.... I will look at my calender. I recorded them all.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Yeh ok any proof ie what software etc.. no but so rude and quick to judge imho but on topic
welcome Airborne880
and sorry I have not replied been on/off net problems but still thanks for the videos and hope for more

[edit on 27-7-2010 by k3rm1t]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Details on any of your sightings would be interesting, but I am more interested in the details of the sighting partially captured in the above videos because with those images that particular sighting can be scrutinized more fully. Details such as the time, duration, direction, and the object(s) movement characteristics can help us possibly identify the disturbance.

Also can you tell us which county you were in at the time, or the name of the nearest town/city?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Comment currently under further review from the replay booth.

--Kross

[edit on 27-7-2010 by XKrossX]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Welcome to the forum Airborne880. I for one believe you, great video. It is rather inconclusive due to the picture being so shaky, but these sightings come so random that it is extremely difficult to have the correct equipment ready and available when you really need it. I will be very surprised (and very pleased) if the objects appear again this weekend. I hope they do, and I hope you get good pics.

I know that it is very difficult to judge altitudes and distances at night, but any and all guesstimates you could provide would be appreciated.

Regards,
JoeBarna (retired USAF C-130 driver)

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Oh please, just how exactly did you get a basline without asking any control questions where you already know the truth ? Also voice analyzers in the form of lie detectors are not very good! I suggest trying the analyzer on yourself to see how good it actually is lol

Airborne unfortunately there are a few like this guy on the site, I'm sure they don't intend to be rude but it's just the way many of them come across. They're just not very trusting you see and will vehemently fight to find flaws in things posted that they don't believe in their quest for truth. Don't take it personally and don't let it stop you posting here, you just sometimes need a little thick skin for the disbelievers. Thanks again for your coming here and answering everyone who's posted though, it shows your sincerity and most will see that and appreciate it

[edit on 27/7/10 by Discotech]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

i think u should ran it 3 more times and report

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
LOVE seeing all these types of videos, so thanks for sharing.

Would like the Canadian filmmaker to come forward with the footage shot by an airline pilot. You can see the aliens through the windows of the UFO. This was shot many years ago and the pilot turned the footage over to the producer of a Canadian TV show. He was subsequently threatened that if he ever showed the footage they would kidnap his young son. The producer has not yet show the footage. Now 20 + years later -
Hey, if you're out there Mr. Producer, now may be the time to bring it forward. The world is waiting.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join