It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts: Health Hazards in Gulf Warrant Evacuations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Two million gallons of Corexit! This industrial degreaser will be the reason for the near future evacuations. Anyone with ANY kind off illness is at extreme risk.

www.truth-out.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Unfortunately, so many people are in total denial. Even many of the posters on this site from there, even are saying "everything is fine, don't feel or smell anything".

Even from way up here in northern Canada, I have been watching the American news, and Anderson Cooper, Keith Olberman, and Rachel Maddow have all reported the dangers, the EPA was even on cnn saying about the air quality danger. The Huffington Post has reported on it being dangerous, all reputable sources, and yet when the President and a few others go on and say "it's all good", and everyone goes into denial mode and for some reason thinks it's safe down there

Maybe they just don't want to upset their lives if they can't actually see or smell it themselves?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
start investing in fish farms... and d.I.Y bio diesel centrifuge

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimnal

Good idea, the shellfish industry is gone in China now too, although it probably wasn't too safe to begin with.

Anything can be made into biodeisal, even hay/straw

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
*Sigh*
Now I see on another thread that one leak wasn't enough, so they made another one...
The only good oil is cooking oil.
It bio degrades after two weeks and the biggest danger from it is it attracts bears.

Hemp oil was what the diesel was originally designed to run on.
Can't have that....

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Whenever I see the word EXPERTS i have a sinking feeling because I AM AN EXPERT

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

So we can grow our own canola oils, lots of bright yellow fields around here, and run ourselves on a sort of hemp oil...........

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
So on another thread it says a tug boat hit another well head and it's leaking? www.abovetopsecret.com...

yet I haven't seen anything on tv about it yet. It's almost sounding like this is normal for down there.

It was reported a while ago on msnbc about how many temporarily capped wells are down there. If these well heads are so easy to dislodge, and there is now an expectation of gases, it sure is an ongoing health hazard to live in the area.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
With some type of organized plan it will be difficult for people to leave the region on their own. It takes money for people to leave and relocate. If they do manage to do so, they have to find work, school, houseing etc when they get there. I just can't imagine most people being able to do this without help. With this said there should be funds made available for those that want to leave, especially those that are at higher risk or already sick. BP should be held responsible to see that people are relocated, now! And I am not talking about FEMA camps!!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

That's so true, and with the economic situation in the US right now, the lack of jobs, and money just not there for agencies to help people out, it makes it very hard. BP seems to be holding back all the money they can, not even paying people for lost wages and businesses.

new topics

top topics

join