It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More on FEMA Camps

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Logic can explain these away.

The camps aren't there to detain the population of the United States. If so, why are there so many? Why are they scattered all over the place? If you're going to detain a sub-sect of the populace, you wouldn't do it in so many places; that's a logistical nightmare. If you're going to single-out a group or two, you would build a few internment camps (like in WWII).

The camps are there to assist in disaster recovery. If a large, natural disaster hit, would you like all the now-refugees coming and living on your city streets? Do you want this new group of homeless people drifting around your towns? Of course not. The purpose of the FEMA camps is to provide these people with a place to stay temporarily that does not upset the local populace.

Example: Say Florida is hit by a massive hurricane and all its survivors find themselves now homeless, where are they going to go? They're displaced now, aren't they? They would go to the nearest FEMA camps open (assuming the whole state was hit, they would go to Georgia and Alabama). Now, because they're in the camps, they're isolated from the local residents of the states they're now in. Local business and life is not disrupted, because the affected people have a place to go.

The reason that there are so many camps spread out across the nation is, you can't predict where a disaster will strike. And if the number of camps across the country can hold roughly the population of the country, I would say that all bases are covered.

Since the people have focused places they can go, the government and charitable organizations can concentrate on taking care of the peoples' needs while the rebuilding process is underway (although I heard the government made a real mess of this with Katrina).

Besides, what would the United States be without its people? What would any nation be without its people? A country cannot prosper without a people who are willing to work. Not much would get done to benefit the nation and some alleged "ruling elite" if we were all unwillingly enslaved.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Also, you guys mentioned prisons. Aren't prisons privatized here in the US? If so, that could explain why the prison population is so high. If operating prisons is a lucrative business, I can imagine that there is a certain amount of corruption that goes along with it to make sure that everyone makes plenty of money.

I think the way it works is, you buy or have a facility converted to accommodate prisoners. Then, you bid on government contracts to house the people they deem to be criminals. You probably receive a certain amount of money per prisoner annually. Any corners you can cut are money in your pocket, so you want as many prisoners as possible. If the police can crack down on things that shouldn't really be crimes, and if judges can be paid or persuaded to give tougher sentences, everyone wins in the end. Except for the "real" criminal in jail.

I wonder how much money we waste annually keeping people locked up who, in all honesty, really shouldn't be there.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
shills are out in full force on this one
as if they all planned it for a shill pill
they camps that out in the northern nowhere on a rail spur

[edit on 26-8-2010 by GBP/JPY]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

You can call me a shill if you want, I don't care. But the fact is, most people looking at this issue don't do it logically. Maybe it's more fun for some people to dream up wild and crazy doomsday scenarios rather than to take a step back and look at the big picture. Typically, if you come to a conclusion on a subject, and you have to say to yourself "well, that's just crazy...." - you're probably right. The simplest answers are usually the correct ones. If these were set up for future martial law or something of that nature, then everyone would know, because people would talk.

There's a reason why this saying exists: two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

[edit on 8.27.2010 by NeutralGuard]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
I'm sure most of you have heard of the 800+ "FEMA" camps that are being set up across the U.S.
Info in the various camps

That list has been discussed and debunked many times before here. It is very obvious you never even did a little bit of research on the "FEMA camps" that the list contains.

Let us look at just one on that list - "ALABAMA Aliceville - WWII German POW camp - capacity 15,000"

Now the only thing remaining from that camp is:

"Today, the only evidence of the campsite is a history marker and a large stone chimney (built by POWs) that was part of the Officers’ Club."
www.cityofaliceville.com...

So you think that they will cram 15,000 people into that chimney.....

Just shows how silly this thread actually is!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join