It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Bombs 1945-1998 Map

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted here, but this is pretty crazy. Hopefully I can get the video to embed, if not I will put up the link. If it has been posted before I apologize.
I still thin it is something that needs to be seen even if it just by the new members at least.
Please remember it does start slow, but wow, when it gets going.

"A Japanese artist named Isao Hashimoto has created a series of works about nuclear weapons. One is titled "1945-1998" and shows a history of the world's nuclear explosions.

Over the course of fourteen and a half minutes, every single one of the 2053 nuclear tests and explosions that took place between 1945 and 1998 are is plotted on a map.

A metronomic beep every second represents months passing, and a different tone indicates explosions from different countries. It starts out slowly, with the Manhattan Project's single test in the US and the two terrible bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki that ended World War II.

After a couple of minutes or so, however, once the USSR and Britain entered the nuclear club, the tests really start to build up, reaching a peak of nearly 140 in 1962, and remaining well over 40 each year until the mid-80s.

It's a compelling insight into the history of humanity's greatest destructive force, especially when you remember that only two nuclear explosions have ever been detonated offensively, both in 1945. Since then, despite more than 2,000 other tests and billions of dollars having been spent on their development, no nuclear warheads have been used in anger.

Born in Japan in 1959, Hashimoto worked in the financial industry for 17 years before studying in Tokyo in the department of Arts, Policy and Management, and then getting a job as a curator at the Lalique museum in Hakone, Japan.

He began the piece in 2003, with the aim of showing, in his own words, "the fear and folly of nuclear weapons". Hashimoto says: " I created this work for the means of an interface to the people who are yet to know of the extremely grave, but present problem of the world."

As the timescale on the animation only reaches 1998, it doesn't include North Korea's two nuclear tests in October 2006 and May 2009.

in case video doesn't work:
Nuclear Bombs 1945-1998

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Yeah I've seen this I've even posted it on a thread where people were convinced a nuke in the gulf would destroy the world or something similar and while I was using it that time to further my own opinion (and I still think it's the best solution) I really do have to admit when I saw this myself for the first time I found the sheer amount of detonations quite a shock.

It's a strange type of art to say the least but it is eye opening I mean I knew quite a few country's had tested nukes but over 2000 detonated seems like serious overkill.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Teknikal]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
now thats one inovative screen!!!! amazing find! its interesting too see, in the early 60's how russia started playing catchup to the many we were setting off!
its amazing!! the american southwest isnt melting radioactive!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This is the definition of insanity,I really don't know what else to say.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Here is a gem of an old ATS thread from 2007 that details nuclear accidents, mostly caused by the U.S. Bomber Fleet that used to fly 24/7/365 nuclear armed during the cold war.

Over 11 accidents resulted in unpublicized nuclear detonations and or radiaton including right here in the United States, when flights crashed due to maintenance problems.

Chances are Russia had a number of mishaps too we have never heard about.

The thread is titled and starts out about the Barksdale Nuclear Missile that went missing during an unauthorized mysterious flight during the last Bush Administration.

That missile is still missing to this day!

CONS: Barksdale Misile Number Six Stolen and Missing

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Its definately eye opening. Right here is even more proof of where most of our tax dollars have been going. It also brings up another question. Is there another factor into why there is so much smog in Los Angeles?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I remember watching Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory show. One episode on the Underground city at the Denver Airport mentioned that developers where buying and renovating old nuclear missile silos as personal 2012 bunkers.

The thought that I had was," if the minuteman missile silos in Missouri, Montana etc are empty, where did the nuclear missiles move to?"

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
whew!!!!!!!!!!! I was worried about nuclear winter, glad to know that the world was bombed 2000 times over and we are still racing horses and dancing

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Whoa! I thought just, like, 500 or so had been detonated! I mean, otherwise the world would be overcome with nuclear winter. Oh wait... Maybe we still ARE feeling the effects of these weapons? Maybe THAT'S the cause of global warming? Great video, too!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
10, 20... is a test, but 2000 ?

Are we trying to sink a continent or what ? What are these guys testing anyway ? How many nuke to blow a hole in the earth ? We got computers for sake, use that!.

Conspiracy Sidetrack:
We are busy testing the nukes, suddenly a UFO do a test blast on earth. We're asteroids. We get the real deal, bit too late.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by RainCloud]

Wheres my tax goes ?...there..in THAT smoke. Nice

[edit on 31-7-2010 by RainCloud]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
looks like too many tests. what's the fruits??

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

Nice yigsstarhouse S&F. Some of those test going of in the same locations had me thinking (hellooooooo
& goodbye
)

[edit on 8/22/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The video doesn play....

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yeah those are alot of explosions. I don't know if they were detonated as fuel for the Cold War; but I do hope that they were detonated for TESTING : that is studying the process of fission and fusion. The way I see it, and I posted this on another related forum, we are in the age of combustion. Rockets, internal combustion engines; jet engines; all rely on the simple chemical reaction called combustion - which caveman seemed to also have discovered. We are on the foot hills of fusion, cold fusion in particular. If we can learn more about fusion and be able to harness its energy; humanity will be much more prosperus... that atleast is what I believe

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
They forgot this test blast of a Nazi nuclear weapon at Bug isthmus, Rugen 12 October 1944.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
They forgot this test blast of a Nazi nuclear weapon at Bug isthmus, Rugen 12 October 1944.

Just dropped by in a search on ATS for nazi nuke blasts.
Thanks a heap. Of radioactive news suppression exposure.
ED: youtube search for video
edit on 8/22/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join