It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Expendables

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Every time I see the trailer for this film, it looks like they added another actor to it. According to IMDB, the main cast is: Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Eric Roberts, Randy Couture, Steve Austin, David Zayas, Giselle Itié, Terry Crews and Mickey Rourke. Including Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis in the trailer seems misleading to me since I believe they have small roles.

I kind of wish they would have taken this cast and put them in the "Predators" movie.

It looks like it will be a fun action film, maybe we will get an Expendables 2 with Jean-Claude Van Damme, Steven Seagal, Vin Diesel, Chuck Norris, Hulk Hogan, Mr. T and The Rock added to the mix

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think it looks like one of those great "turn your brain off" kind of action movies, you know, that type where you don't care about the plot, where your just there to see all the awesome explosions and shoot out scenes!!!

And I don't mean that in a bad way, it looks like a perfect film to watch while getting drunk with a bunch of friends!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This is pure testosterone driven blow 'em up action movie fare, and I for one, couldn't be a happier guy!

The plot will probably blow, but I'm guessing a lot of explosions, a high body count, and lots of cheesy one-liners.... Ahh...the 80's action flick...we have sorely missed you my friend....

I just wish it was more of a vs. thing, instead of them all seeming to be on the same team. How cool would a Jet Li vs. Arnold fight be? or Bruce Willis vs. Statham?

*makes the Tim the Tool Man Taylor grunt noise*

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Dont wanna post any spoilers but yes Arnold and bruce have small roles but you cant expect to much from Arnold as he did his part in the movie for free.

Definitely a Blow em up murder death kill movie.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
True, they aren't even in a lot of the advertising, but still cool to have them all in one flick...

Now, if we can just get Jessica Alba, Elizabeth Hurley (team coach), Eliza Dushku, Britney Spears, etc. all in a cheerleader movie with a panty-clad pillow fight scene, I could die a happy man...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
This is pure testosterone driven blow 'em up action movie fare, and I for one, couldn't be a happier guy!

The plot will probably blow, but I'm guessing a lot of explosions, a high body count, and lots of cheesy one-liners.... Ahh...the 80's action flick...we have sorely missed you my friend....

I just wish it was more of a vs. thing, instead of them all seeming to be on the same team. How cool would a Jet Li vs. Arnold fight be? or Bruce Willis vs. Statham?

*makes the Tim the Tool Man Taylor grunt noise*

It truely is a throwback to the 80's action flick that I grew up on. Besides the plot, the only drawback that I found, was that it seemed to center mostly around Statham (they could have chosen a better actor for his role in my opinion). How I got a laugh at all the cheesy one liners. My believe truly was suspended during the whole movie. Good times.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
No spoilers...

I really enjoyed it, but I have a couple of problems:

I think some of the violence was cut to get a lower age rating.

Where the hell was Vin Diesel? I'm not a big action fan, but I really like the guy.

The movie was pretty awesome, worth seeing just for the spectacle of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I thought it was pretty awful to be honest.
Mickey Rourke gets almost no screen time and he's clearly the best thing in the movie.

Statham sucks at almost everything he does.

I thought the actual "Expendables crew" was pretty weak... and apart from a few good bits of action here and there (mainly the end) it was a pretty dull affair.

I saw it at a friends house and it was a dvd quality copy, so it wasn't poor viewing experience that did it... was a just a lame film.

All the times they set up a One-Liner-opportunity.... the lines they came out with were just ridiculous... It's like they were intentionally trying to make the lines as bad as possible.... and I don't mean cheesy or Cliched.... just stupid and weak.

I didn't watch it expecting a life-changing movie or some kind of indy art house flick... I knew what I was getting, And I wasn't impressed.

[edit on 6/9/10 by blupblup]

new topics

top topics

join