It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think i mightve actually seen it...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Some problems:

1. It would have been plainly visible because the sub would have illuminated it. We can see Venus with the naked eye...everyone on the side of the Earth facing it would have been able to see it.

2. There would have been gravitational effects on Earth. The moon already helps control the tides and keeps the Earth's rotation steady. An object six times bigger than it would likely have wreaked havoc down here.

3. An object six times larger than the moon would be larger than the Earth. Can't say the would bode well for the moon sticking around in its current orbit.

4. Amateur astronomers would have seen it coming. I mention them because some people would argue that official space agencies would cover it up. Don't you think Wikileaks would have a field day with documents discussing a cover-up of a massive object approaching Earth?

5. If you indeed saw something like that, it would have to be even larger given the distances involved. Everything from the asteroid belt to the oort cloud (since it would have had to come from further out) would have been affected, sending balls of rock and ice shooting throughout the solar system. People would have noticed a sudden large number of impacts on planets like Jupiter, since its immense gravity would have pulled a bunch of the new objects in.

I agree with eNumbra here...I'm calling shenanigans. If something that big were anywhere near us (and by near, I pretty much mean in the solar system), we'd know.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsuki-no-Hikari

1. It would have been plainly visible because the sub would have illuminated it. We can see Venus with the naked eye...everyone on the side of the Earth facing it would have been able to see it.

It may have been cloaked with the lights turned off. The observer probably had a visual sight-line that penetrated the shielding and provided a brief glimpse.

2. There would have been gravitational effects on Earth. The moon already helps control the tides and keeps the Earth's rotation steady. An object six times bigger than it would likely have wreaked havoc down here.

You make a great point here and I agree that it must be low mass...which
can only mean...

3. An object six times larger than the moon would be larger than the Earth. Can't say the would bode well for the moon sticking around in its current orbit.

No need to labour over point 2.

4. Amateur astronomers would have seen it coming. I mention them because some people would argue that official space agencies would cover it up. Don't you think Wikileaks would have a field day with documents discussing a cover-up of a massive object approaching Earth?

I think you're building a damn good case for your idea in point 2.

5. If you indeed saw something like that, it would have to be even larger given the distances involved. Everything from the asteroid belt to the oort cloud (since it would have had to come from further out) would have been affected, sending balls of rock and ice shooting throughout the solar system. People would have noticed a sudden large number of impacts on planets like Jupiter, since its immense gravity would have pulled a bunch of the new objects in.

So where do you think this enormous hollow craft has come from? It's clearly intelligently controlled to avoid all the hazards you bravely pointed out. Perhaps it's a Type II lifeform? One thing's for sure, something that enormous...folks should leave a baseball bat nearby at all times. Just to be on the safe side

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

perhaps the sauce has a mercury plasma base reducing its gravitational effects.

i29.tinypic.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Reticulan
reply to post by Kandinsky

perhaps the sauce has a mercury plasma base reducing its gravitational effects.

i29.tinypic.com...

How odd. I suddenly have an urge to make a call to Luigi's for something to eat...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
'Course I'd imagine that if some alien species was advanced enough to develop cloaking technology in the first place, their cloaking wouldn't be momentarily defeated by some light bouncing off a rock in space. In other words, if they could cloak well enough to hide as they floated through the solar system, they certainly wouldn't be uncloaked just because they were passing behind the moon

...and that would have to be one giant bat. Let's just hope our visitors don't have an anti-bat field around their...whatever it is.

<< 1   >>

join