It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think i mightve actually seen it...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
i think i mightve seen it around roughly 11:15 TONITE!
passing behind the moon, i was sitting on a stoop lookin up at the moon (which looks as if its glowing with a the colors of the rainbow), and i see this big round object (it looked about 6 times the size of the moon) pass behind the moon in roughly the time of 45 seconds. after the object left the glowing of the moon, it was no longer visible. the object was coming from the south eastern part of the sky.
this could have a scientific logical explanation like some sort of reflection of course, i know theres a rare planetary alignment recently, maybe that has something to do with it. but it looked like a big planet or body in general to me and im gonna keep tabs on this.

fairly new,
MODS feel free to move if needed

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
you saw what?

2nd line...but i dunno why...just see everyone else doing it so it must be a rule here
3rd line...because i HATE that i am following some unspoken rule but don't know why

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The question

Did anyone else see this?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
great question swissport. i wish i had seen it.

op did the object itself have any kind of color? what part of the world are you in?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
think these guys seen it?

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by The Drunken Cow

Yes the questions above!? And make a note of the time and tell us so we can watch tomorrow! Also keep watching maybe if it's orbiting our planet it will pass by there again tonight. Grab a camera and be at the ready!

If it's real I wanna see too!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
[edit on 27-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Drunken Cow
i think i mightve seen it around roughly 11:15 TONITE!
and i see this big round object (it looked about 6 times the size of the moon) pass behind the moon in roughly the time of 45 seconds. after the object left the glowing of the moon, it was no longer visible. the object was coming from the south eastern part of the sky.

If it were that size and behind the moon it would have very likely been illuminated by the sun and extremely visible.

not to dash everyone's hopes or anything; but I call shenanigans.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
is this the whole planet x / nibiru thing. pretty sure some armature astronomer would of clocked this thing by now especially if its six time the size of the moon, however about 6 months ago i was out walking the dog when the moon caught my eye it appears to have a circle around it that was darker than the rest of the night sky and was about double the size of the moon. a perfect circle i called my mum and brother into the garden to see it as i was quite excited about it to which they replied "so" and went back in the house anyone seen this sort of thing it definitely wasn't an object. does this sound similar to the op? good luck with your search for awnsers mate!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Starred and flagged. If something bigger than Earth is sneaking around out there...the whole world should know about it!

Six times bigger than the Moon

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I'm just gonna come out and say it there isn't anything unknown 6 times the size of the moon orbiting earth. i think someone would of noticed by now. you can say i told you so when we wake up tomorrow with a giant planet sitting brazenly in the sky but i doubt it. sorry folks i don't mean to be a kill joy.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Starred and flagged. If something bigger than Earth is sneaking around out there...the whole world should know about it!

Six times bigger than the Moon

i think the whole world would know about it... in fact i dont think you'd hear about anything else for alittle while.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Umm... You think you saw what? And how does it tie into 2012 conspiracies?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I saw it too

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
I'm just gonna come out and say it there isn't anything unknown 6 times the size of the moon orbiting earth. i think someone would of noticed by now. you can say i told you so when we wake up tomorrow with a giant planet sitting brazenly in the sky but i doubt it. sorry folks i don't mean to be a kill joy.

The occupants might turn the lights off so how would we know?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
There was a partial lunar eclipse today.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
[edit on 27-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

ah the tears man, the tears

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Going out on a limb here, but you know...back in the mid 1800's to the early 1900s or so, people really thought that space exploration (or in some cases even flight within our atmosphere was impossible. Who's to say that this crazy thing doesn't have some sort of cloaking device. Had to recharge possibly? They thought, "Hey, let's hide behind the moon..."

Maybe it only needs a few seconds to charge for months? or years? With all that extremely advanced technology...Who knows? But as much as I am interested and excited to think something like that is out there (and I am not saying you're pulling our collective leg here, but) something of that size would be pretty hard to miss...

*sigh* I can only hope something as epic as this would happen. How awesome would it be to witness something like the Death Star (only in planet form) around our planet. I just hope we don't end up like Alderaan. However...This leads me to something else I often think of...

What if George Lucas didn't really just make all that stuff up? What if he was visited by some being (or at least some kind of telepathically transmitted information) from a real galaxy "far, far away" and he made it into an insanely popular franchise?

Yeah...this is all pretty far "out there" if you know what I mean. Just keep an open mind please! Thanks

Also, to The Drunken Cow, I am going to keep an eye out for it. The lady friend has the camera so I am afraid (unless my blackberry can pull off the picture) I will not be able to supply pics...Though I will be honest if I see anything. I'm keeping a sharp heads up on it! Thanks for the post

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

None of the planets that aligned recently are six times the size of the moon so it wasn't one of those.

Honestly I don't know what it could have been but if it disappeared after 45 seconds I'm thinking either hallucination or some sort of optical illusion. After all if we've got a phantom planet or dwarf sun lurking about in our solar system it wouldn't be hard to find in the sky.

What amazes me is that people are always reporting sightings of Nibiru, phantom planets and specter suns, and yet you never see a PHD scientist or astronomer talking about these things. If I didn't know any better I would say these objects don't exist

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join