It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the BP oil spill disappearing?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Is the BP oil spill disappearing?

It seems, at least to someone at ABC news, that the oil that should be all over the gulf of mexico has disappeared. According to the linked story, clean-up crews are having problems finding all the oil that "should" be in the gulf.

Is is possible that the extent of the oil spill disaster was over-hyped and there there isn't really all that much oil in the gulf? If so, who would benefit from such hype?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I think all of the corexit caused the oil to disperse and sink to the ocean floor, where it can ruin all the sea life it comes into contact with on they way down and any life on the ocean floor.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Yes that is exactly what Corexit it designed to do, clump the oil into balls and make it sink. Out of sight, out of mind, right?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Oh, hell. Let's toss a match at gulf of Mexico and see what happen. If something happen, then you can claim it's part of science research.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
No, if anything there is a miracle cleanup going underway with technologey they don't want us to know about

and thats as real as it gets

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
GLOOMERS!!!

All I have to say is I TOLD YOU SO!!!

BAWAHHHAAAA!!!

I love it when I am right!

No need for apologies your silence will suffice...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

please never again, reading that hurt, and it wasn't even directed to me

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It's not over. Oil doesn't just disappear, all the corexit used has caused it to sink in the water which is why BP used soo much of it. To limit their liability and make it hard for the Gov't to get an accurate count of how much came out. BP sank as much as they could.

Remember they get fined $4300/Barrel of oil. There is still no new reports on these fissures, that one sure got killed quickly after its release on Sunday. What makes me suspicious is the lack of media coverage now versus a week ago. The cap is leaking and is not permanent, the relief wells aren't drilled yet and it's still possible they may cause more damage to the rock strata around the old well trying to intercept it.

How do you get 2 pipes side by side in the BOP without having a problem in the well casing. This has never been explained properly, it just fell in there when the rig disconnected? Yeah right!

Things are not over, I really wish it was but I feel the real problem will be the mix of the oil, large amounts of methane and huge amounts of dispersents used. This will have devastating long term effects. Cancer rates and birth defects will increase noticeably in the next 10-15 years maybe sooner. As these deadly toxins leech their way into the food and water system the real devastation will be known. The Gulf is poisoned and might not recover for 20 years of more. They still find oil all over Prince William Sound.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Well as one who has been trying to clean it up I can tell you it sure is an elusive spill and the corexit crap just makes everything harder and worse. I sure hope bp got well reimbursed for it's corexit patent and chem sales, I would hate to think nobody profited out of this muck. Grrrr

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by soontide
Is is possible that the extent of the oil spill disaster was over-hyped and there there isn't really all that much oil in the gulf? If so, who would benefit from such hype?

you might want to visit my thread which discusses the theory of the illusion of a disaster staged by BP/Media/Government

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-7-2010 by soleprobe]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I agree. It's the corexit. It was made to hide the size of the leak so people wouldn't be as angry. Also, so that they won't have to pay so much in damages.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Maybe the ET's cleaned it up in the dead of night with all their fancy thousands-of-years-ahead-of-ours technology?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The good thing about this whole disaster is it will make big oil rethink their cost cutting ways at the expense of safety. This disaster will more than likely dismantle BP. It will have to keep selling off chunks to pay for cleanup and liability costs. This will send a few shudders threw the industry as BP was viewed as "To Big to Fail".

You have to look for positives even in disasters.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by soontide
If so, who would benefit from such hype?

Well the same usual players who are trying to bring down the US into a postindustrial society through carbon taxes, depopulation, and destruction of remaining industry that managed to survive or wasn’t directly affected by NAFTA/GATT.

Now that the oil’s not there I said they will start to hype up corexit as the excuse for there not being any oil… and here they are in this thread doing exactly that… they can’t use the burn off excuse because they can only claim a small fraction of the total 90 day leak…. about 3 days of supposed leakage.

And of course we have the co-conspirators up here echoing exactly what you hear in the MSM, the oil is either dissolved or sunk to the bottom…

But in order to sustain this illusion of a disastrous oil spill long after it passes, it would seem to me that they have to get the people to leave the Gulf area because eventually they’ll start fishing again like nothing happened… and that will be the proof that there was no big spill because the marine life will be unaffected.

They must be praying to their demon pigs for a hurricane… maybe if the HAARP thing can really affect the weather they’ll give it a try. Maybe they already tried it with all the hype about Bonnie but it fizzed out. The one thing they must keep in mind, and I’m sure the ones at the highest levels are aware of this, is that if the eternal Boss doesn’t want those people in the Gulf to leave, they can ring all the HAARP bells they want, or even try to nuke them out of there… it aint gonna happen… they can only do as much as they are allowed to do.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by soleprobe]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The Gulf is not Prince Edwards Sound it's totally different. The leak is gone and the oil breaks down faster in the warm climate with all the microbes. It may not be all gone but a good portion of it is. What did I read the leak per day was what the Mississippi puts in the Gulf every 30 seconds. lots of water to disperse the mess

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

How about ANOTHER spill near the Golf?
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Looks like it is near the marsh. Those folks just can't win!

JT

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Greenblaz]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
GLOOMERS!!!

All I have to say is I TOLD YOU SO!!!

BAWAHHHAAAA!!!

I love it when I am right!

No need for apologies your silence will suffice...

BWAHHAAA?

Cool your jets greylock. The media lie about everything, all the time.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

what exactly are you gloating about i am confused ???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join