It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks bad, CIA lawyer good?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So, the White House says that Wikileaks is in breach of federal law for releasing documents disclosing what's going on behind closed doors over there in Aghanistan. According to the government, this is bad.

Source

A CIA lawyer decides to violate a direct order from the White House and have CIA videos depicting torture and waterboarding of prisoners at secret CIA prisons across the world destroyed, and they are unsure if any criminal charges can be pressed?
Source

These days, it is legal to hide and destroy the truth, but illegal to find and expose it. Am I the only person who sees the glaring contradiction here?

[edit on 26-7-2010 by ninthaxis]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
i watched an ex CIA dude on the news earlier say he'd be up for executing people that leak information. also called the ISI scum , come to think of it the dude was just pissed you could of asked him about Lindsey lohan and he'd of replied shoot her lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

Of course these people would be willing to execute whistleblowers. It threatens the very existence of the government to have documents and videos detailing their travesties leaked out into the public domain. They are trying to use fear to keep people from leaking these things.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
i watched an ex CIA dude on the news earlier say he'd be up for executing people that leak information. also called the ISI scum , come to think of it the dude was just pissed you could of asked him about Lindsey lohan and he'd of replied shoot her lol.

geez...and everybody wonders why congress doesn't seem to be doing the right thing for the people...lines in the paper..."congressmen dies in an auto accident returning to his home"...i wonder if this has been whispered to some congressmen that got too close to the truth, and was going to take it public.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Yes, these people are the true revolutionaries of our time. We should respect and back these people up 100%. They are putting their lives on the line while getting criticised and personal integrity slammed.

People should have to wonder WHY the founder of wikileaks had to leave the country and be scared for his life. They should know this corrupt government would have no hessitation as to killing an American citizen or anyone else fighting for freedom.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This is what the scumbag lawyer said about destroying the tapes.

"As Jose said, the heat from destroying is nothing compared to what it would be if the tapes ever got into public domain — he said out of context, they would make us look terrible; it would be devastating to us," John's e-mail reads.

Explain to me how viewing torture in context would make them look any better? This guy must have picked the shortest straw or lost an important poker game to have had to take the fall for the destruction of these tapes.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What if I had destroyed a document the IRS had told me to keep for an upcoming audit? Or if I had destroyed ALL the documents involved in a certain matter that any branch of the US government was interested in? They wouldn't be wondering if criminal charges could be pressed, I would immediately be arrested and hit with so many charges I wouldn't be able to see straight.

new topics

top topics

join