It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting paranoid over plastics.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
i only buy water in glass bottles for this reason...its not just cancer causing it also contains stuff that can sterilize you....

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I was just thinking about this the other day after reading an article on yahoo about plastic and ways to avoid using it, along with a few other interesting health ideas.
shine.yahoo.com...

Then i got to thinking about how every day we have and use so many chemicals all time. Think about it:

plastic/cellophanes
aluminum, metals
sunscreens
bugspray
shampoo/conditioner
makeup
lotions
face wash
soaps
detergent/dryer sheets
medication/medical creams and liquid
cigarettes
alcohol/drugs
lysol/air freshening products
perfumes
gardening chemicals
tanning lotions changing the pigment of our skin

Despite my paranoia, i am still going to use these things every day still lol. Seeing as how now weve become, as a people, conditioned to not be able to live without these things which are slowly killing us seems to be nothing short of the norm. Not saying its all deadly and bad etc, but when you really think about all the things around us and that we put on and in our bodies, over an extenuated period of time it just cant be good. Anyone have any other products they can think of to add?
The thing that really 'grinds my gears' is the whole vitamin/supplement "debate". The natural things out there which are actually good for us are being taken away. I have a CHOICE to buy and use all the products i mentioned, but when I cant buy my herbal supplements one day, I will be very very angry

stay informed!

[edit on 27-7-2010 by matrixportal]

edited for punctuation, and i forgot an s on "grinds" this is one of my first posts so im assuming i get a little grace...lol

[edit on 27-7-2010 by matrixportal]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by matrixportal

They will continue to hit us from EVERY angle. At this point the FDA is a joke.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I had to come back to the thread and mention that about 14 years ago, I had a couple that I did some work for. I gave them two estimates for siding and a roof job.

The wife was highly allergic to plastics and other chemicals. I had no product I could sell them for the siding that did not have polymers or the like. I was installing these metal shingles that simulated the old shakes. I got that contract but I never did find out about what they used for the siding.

The problem with siding I suggested the only one I did install was a type of wood siding. Problem though, I would not quarantee it with out some type of primer and paint or a sealer. Which of course contained the chemicals she could not be around.

Talk about hypersensitivity. Now, the reason I am recalling this, if people can become that sensitive to fumes from plastics and the like, it does have to be affecting us also.

I quess one of the worst things for her was carpeting. They purchased the older house because it was all hardwood floors. Crazy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join