It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

52 civilians killed by NATO rocket fire in S. Afghanistan: official

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

52 civilians killed by NATO rocket fire in S. Afghanistan: official

news.xinhuanet.com

KABUL, July 26 (Xinhua) -- More than 50 non-combatants were killed by NATO troops in the troubled Helmand province in south Afghanistan on Friday, a spokesman to Presidential Palace said on Monday.

"Fifty-two civilians were killed in Sangin district on Friday as NATO forces fired a rocket," Siamak Heravi told Xinhua.

However, he did not give more details, saying a statement would be released in this regard.

Early on Saturday locals in Sangin district said that more than 50 civilians including women and children were killed as NATO's aircraft dropped bomb.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This will probably go unnoticed in the wake of the current wikileaks stories, but I needed to bring it to light. This is exactly the stuff wikileaks is claiming to have revealed.

If the wikileaks stories hadn't happened, would we have even heard of these civilians being killed?

I understand that in war civilians die, but how could you accidentally kill 52?

Of course right now NATO is denying these claims

news.xinhuanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/26/2010 by SUICIDEHK45]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Don't forget, Afghan lives are not important, and this will go under collateral damage, what ever that means.

I want those who come to ATS, and say collateral damage, to go to Afghanistan, and tell it to those who lost daughters, mothers, sons, fathers, infants...

My mom is there, zzzz...

Hopefully she goes to Panjshare, and stays away from Kabul, the conflict is getting worse.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

It sure didn't take a wikileaks document to show this. I wonder why this wasn't classified secret?

Or it's just BS to encourage support for the wikileaks documents.

Or it really happened.

Or............well..............

Anybody else watch the first episode of Pillars of the Earth, something like that, on Starz the other night? I still can't figure out all the alliances and backstabbings that went on in that episode. It reminds me of all that occurs daily in this "war on terror", "war on drugs", war on just about anything that moves or breathes.

Pakistan is helping the allies. Pakistan is working against the allies. Hugo Chavez sells gas to poor people in the U.S. Hugo threatens to cut off oil from the U.S. Russia supports Iran. Russia is now pissed at Iran because of something some Iranian said. Israel is the U.S.'s buddy, but spies on the U.S. The U.S. uncovers 10 Russian spies, oh, that redhead was hot!, trades the spies for 4 Russian double agents. Iran is developing "nuclear weapons" but is inspected, Israel says nothing about having nukes, but doesn't allow inspections, North Korea wanting to covertly destroy a South Korean military ship, decides to use a German torpedo, instead of what they have in their arsenal, uh, where did they get that torpedo, Germany, eh?, during an anti-submarine exercise. Heh. And now the U.S. and South Korea are having an anti-submarine exercise again, (hope they practiced this time, lol) North Korea says, Boo! The U.S. and South Korea says, eeeek, they said, Boo! The Dalai Lama must be in here somewheres, too.

2 US Navy SEALS decide to go off on adventure, after being warned, don't do that! And one is captured and the other killed. Iranian nuclear scientists are kidnapped, tortured, or not, An armada of US naval ships dock in Costa Rico, um, okay, war on drugs, Haiti is still allowed to be a hell on earth for the folks, Cuba! Yeah, we might lift the embargo, like the U.S. is keeping Cuba down. lol. Mexican prisoners run amuck by day, sleep in their cells at night, NeoNazie patrol the border between Arizona and Mexico, parts of Arizona are "off limits" to Americans, A woman from some South American country sells off all her belongings in Arizona, so she can escape to Pennsyvania, before the draconian law of Arizona comes into effect., my town, which had been a "hotbed" of Mexican laborers, now hires local people to pick up the trash along the road. It used to be only Mexicans would do such work. lol. Dang! Them's white and black folk picking up trash now! lol.

Sorry, should have put more paragraphs in it all.

It's all a charade folks, I'm not sure when it all began. I do know, that I got caught up in it all in 1980. Yeah! Damn Iranians! Taking my folks hostage. Oh, I want to kill them all! Obviously my country was right and just.

11 years later. Oh, those damned dune goons! They hurt my little buddy! Kuwait! Uh, what's a Kuwait, and since when was it my buddy? No matter.
Let's kill em all!

Um...........have we ever had the truth? I liked to think we did, at one time. But I doubt it.

52 killed............true or not?

If true, it must stop. If not true, shouldn't it all be stopped anyway?

Don't believe everything your government tells you. Don't believe everything any news source reports to you.

Isn't this what occurs when civilizations collapse? And isn't this true no matter what? Whether it's a new social order gaining power, or an old one losing it's grip? Yep. But, now, we are inundated with massive amounts of information/disinformation.

It's all very hard to figure it out.

Sorry if I seemed to have hijacked the thread.

For those that read completely through it all. yes, it's all misinformation when needed most by the PTB. And to some others, it's just the rantings of a mad man.

52 people! Just a drop in the bucket for the longest "war" the U.S. has ever been in.

Meh.

That's pretty much the reaction around the globe.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Sometimes I don't care for the way you say things. That's my problem, though. You are not ignorant, for sure. And I believe I understand where your comments come from.
............or not. Just had to toss that last bit in there.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Neighborhoods just means alot of children blown apart and ripped off limbs, horrendous hell on earth that is allowed by the citizens who don't understand, it means not going to work but surrounding all political buildings until they leave.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I can't believe how people are suckered into believing 1 report from a Chinese newspaper. Can't they understand the Sino interest in these oil fields?
Sheesh, next, they will believe that china will report a military helicopter is a UFO buzzing their airports.

Nothing here folks.
Move along.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
I can't believe how people are suckered into believing 1 report from a Chinese newspaper. Can't they understand the Sino interest in these oil fields?
Sheesh, next, they will believe that china will report a military helicopter is a UFO buzzing their airports.

Nothing here folks.
Move along.

Are you for real? This is common news and it's gotten lots of national coverage here in Canada, but then again I guess we actually care about what is going on in the wars that we fight in.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I know a couple Afghanistan veterans and they came under fire from the taliban.

After they used artillery to take out the taliban they were able to get into the area a couple hour later. All they found was dead taliban.
And a lot of spent AK rounds.
No weapons.

A week later the news stories were out of all the civilians that had been killed.
The dead taliban became civilians because the surviving taliban had removed all the weapons before they fell back from the battlefield.

This has become a common tactic of the taliban to remove weapons from the bodies of there people after a battle and then claim the people killed were civilians.

Yes some civilians may be killed but a lot more Taliban dead are being called civilians by a media that hears thing second hand and has not been to the battle site and seen thing like spent AK round scattered on the site.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

He's not for real, he's a troll

People like him don't care about the news, they care about who the news is in regards, and whether it is negative or positive.

They are called patriots AKA parrots.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I know a couple Afghanistan veterans and they came under fire from the taliban.

After they used artillery to take out the taliban they were able to get into the area a couple hour later. All they found was dead taliban.
And a lot of spent AK rounds.
No weapons.

A week later the news stories were out of all the civilians that had been killed.
The dead taliban became civilians because the surviving taliban had removed all the weapons before they fell back from the battlefield.

This has become a common tactic of the taliban to remove weapons from the bodies of there people after a battle and then claim the people killed were civilians.

LOL, weapons are very important and precious for the resistance, they don't get supplied by billions and billions worth of weapons.

That being said, you don't expect them to take the weapons of martyrs?

It is a war crime to bombard a whole village because you saw some bullets coming out of that place. That is the problem with the Occupying forces.

Don't even say, "well, they saw bullets coming from their, then they called for airstrike to bomb the whole place", wow.

Is that the justification for murder of thousands?

Heck ofcurse you gonna justify it, it was people like you who supported the nuking of Japan.

If you wanna fight, fight like a man, use your gun, go and fight, but if you are so scared, that you don't use your thousand dollar gun, your thousand dollar armor, your million dollar Humvee, your hundred dollar helmet, your million dollar helicopter etc. You don't have the balls to use these weapons, instead you send a jet to bomb the place in to pieces, killing everyone, including women and children, then you say the Taliban are taking their weapons. WOW.

You avoid all of those, because you are so damn scared. You know what that means? That means you are not fighting for a cause, you are fighting for money.

You're not fighting to free Afghans, you are fighting to gain more territory. You are not fighting to bring Democracy, you are fighting for control. You are not fighting to help, you are fighting to suck resources.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Nato denies Afghan civilian deaths

Afghan government and Nato officials have disputed each others' accounts of reports that over 50 civilians were killed after being caught up in fighting between foreign forces and the Taliban.

The Afghan officials said on Monday that 52 people, many women and children, were killed by a Nato-rocket attack in Sangin, Helmand province, but Nato said an investigation had not yet revealed any civilian casualties.

Civilian deaths caused by foreign forces are a major source of friction between Afgan president Hamid Karzai and his Western backers, whose 150,000 troops are engaged in an increasingly bloody war with the Taliban.

The United Nations said it was "deeply concerned" at the reports and urged a thorough investigation.

Click link for more. Jury's still out it seems....

Also...Helmand residents accuse Nato of deliberate attack on civilians

[edit on 7/28/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Yeah and the Taliban also took the AK47 of women and children.

Great.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Is violence in Afghanistan picking up in general?

25 killed in bus explosion in Afghanistan

And a lot of odd and random incidents.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Is violence in Afghanistan picking up in general?

25 killed in bus explosion in Afghanistan

And a lot of odd and random incidents.

Which brings us back to:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is a reason why IEDs are killing innocent civilians. Get it?

Most IEDs have remote triggers, unless I'm wrong, the US is behind these IED attacks, to defame this tactic which has caused most of occupying deaths this month, and the previous month.

The Taliban in Afghanistan have built a new generation of improvised explosive devices which is not detectable, a Taliban statement has said.

The new IEDs, called “Omar”, have been made by the Taliban technical experts inside Afghanistan and cost only $85 each, the statement, released on Friday, said.

According to the Taliban statement the new IEDs are not detectable by special mine-detector machines used by foreign forces based in the country.

Taliban said they have made the new remote-controlled IEDs after the US and NATO forces entered into Afghanistan special modern devices that are able to detect and neutralize ordinary IEDs made by the Taliban.

85$

Damn, that is sick.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
To continue from above, in regards to the 25 people killed by roadside bomb:

The Taliban denied responsibility for the bombing but, with roadside bombs as their signature weapon, they will be blamed.

Interesting lol

new topics

top topics

join