It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Wikileaks founder sell a controlled release to save his hide?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Come on people, none of this info talks about the opium trade in Afghanistan. This is a controlled release or a document dump.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by chorizo4
Come on people, none of this info talks about the opium trade in Afghanistan. This is a controlled release or a document dump.

Everyone will agree.

I can't deny it.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Why would the army put a criminal drug syndicates movements and dealings with afghan poppie lords in army status reports and updates?

You'd think that sort of stuff would be hidden in the CIA archives.. not in the armies battle reports.

or am I missing your point ?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

Either this was realeased by the white house in which no one will get in trouble. Or this was realesed off someone with arpnet clearance in which case they will be court martialed. It wont be hard for the defense department to figure out who accessed all those files. Theyll will be only 1 person who downloaded them all and theres your leak.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
it's a possobillity. noticed that some of the news networks have been reporting that north korea and iran have been supplying taliban/alquida with weapons (isnt that conveinient). i read a very interesting book a while ago called dope inc it put the world drug trade under the microscope. i highly recomend it. as for the surface to air missiles their talking about the first thing that came to my mind was the american stingers we gave the muj to fight the russians. however theirs a hell of alot of documentation to get throughe so i'll save my judgement for when i get througe it all (iv got the reading age of a 6 year old so dont hold your breath) i just find it funny that he leaked it via the world biggest papers instead of his site.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I agree! For all the hub-bub over all these cables that were coming out, only to be let down, I would say that something went wrong.

He made a deal with the Government, as apposed to the feds knocking him off and drawing attention

or

he released a bunch of garbage to play with the Government

or

he had nothing to begin with. It was all a ploy to gain page hits for thewebsite, which will soon implement advertisements and such to "fund" the website.

I don't know what happened but I know that the latest release was not all I expected.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
u guys need to understand that these documents were made by soldiers reporting deaths in an operation

I dont think they suppose to talk about what u are saying ...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I smelled controlled release from when the mainstream started propping him up and giving him attention prior and around helicopter video. He's something out of a movie - and its so sensational. Just imagine him as Colin Powell at the UN 2.0. Remember all those WMD's and Chem Hotdog Trailers Iraq had.... Oh wait... look where that lead us....

And now Iran / N. Korea are propping up the Taliban? Uhh Nice try dude, Fool me once shame on me, Fool me twice, shame on me.... fool me oh #, how many times has it been now?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
REPLY TO FAIOL

take it you read them all? i said it's a possibillity but i wouldnt like to pass judgement yet. the things i mentiond in my post are currently being coverd by msm as part of the wiki leaks story, with exeption to the drug trade comment wich i thought may be of interest to the op.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by danielhanson420]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

as for the surface to air missiles their talking about the first thing that came to my mind was the american stingers we gave the muj to fight the russians.

The stingers given to the mujahideen would have been useful for maybe 4 to 5 years The battery of a Stinger lasts for four or five years
and i believe less do to the fact they would not have been new but rotated stock from US military stores.

these would have been basic Stinger missiles

In order to fire the missile, a BCU (Battery Coolant Unit) must be inserted into the handguard. This shoots a stream of argon gas into the system, as well as a chemical energy charge that enables the acquisition indicators and missile to get power. The batteries are somewhat sensitive to abuse, and only hold so much gas in them. Over time, and without proper maintenance, they are known to become unserviceable.

These BCUs were short lived units good for maybe 4 to 5 years.
these would not have been new when given to the mujahideen so they would have had even less life in them.

Unless another country like china or the Pakistani Army who can make new BCU for the stingers is supplying them the stingers are not a problem.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Your right about the stingers and theres something else people dont know about stinger they will not shoot down a United States aircraft programed to ignore them.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

thank you very much for your reply there was a CIA guy on the news just after my first post that said he believed they were u.s stingers that were used. i wonder if what you say about Pakistan or china could be right or on the other hand anyone could be supplying that kind of tech. what about Russia any chance they could covertly be giving a little helping hand after all America did it to them and Moscow is getting increasingly worried about the flow of drugs into the country via Afghanistan. maybe a very low key proxy war? this is of course speculation on my part but this a conspiracy site afterall.www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I think the whole thing smells of disinfo.

If they 'release' a subset and are still going over the 'remaining' texts (for a later release). WHY send 70000 out when 99% are worthless, and the only ones with SOME content are pushing the agenda the US has been banging on about:
ie; that the ISI are baddies and Pakistan needs to do more to help the US.

All this is aimed at getting pakistan to allow more fly-overs of drones into pakistan to chase 'terrorist' leaders.

Earlier hype about these emails was that they were going to cause international outcrys.

Seems now they are trying to put the onus on Pakistan to prove they are helping the US war-on-terror

Asange, an International Man of Mystery? More mystery of whose payroll he's on.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
we are all stupid slaves!
no offnce,nothing is gonna
happend for better only worse
i think.....!!!!!

peace

i dont born for slave

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I expected links and what not. Instead its an attack on Wikileaks. Put it this way: If Wikileaks didn't say it, don't believe what you see in the MSM. After all ATS said Wikileaks was going to shut down...and sad part is, it was on the front page. Word of advice: Go to the horses mouth.

top topics

join