It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Me, or is This Really Weird Weather for Los Angeles?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I've been kind of looking around and really haven't read of people talking about this. I have read that there are heat waves going on in other parts of the country, and world, but geez louise! It's actually cold right now. We had a couple of heat waves within the past month or two, but then it got back to this; overcast and cool at night and early morning. It's kinda like perpetual "June gloom."

I'm NOT complaining because I much prefer it cool than warm, but it even seems to me unusual to see the nice puffy clouds, in the middle of summer; well now there's like rain-looking clouds going on up there. I dunno. Just wondering what some others might think of this.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Same here in Northern Cali. I think it has to do where we live. Since California is a coastal state. There's always a breeze in from the Pacific.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Same here in Northern Cali. I think it has to do where we live. Since California is a coastal state. There's always a breeze in from the Pacific.

This is true about the breeze, but we have more than a breeze going on out there. It's totally overcast and cold! And usually at this time of year it's just a lot warmer ::knock on wood:: hoping it stays cool, I think.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
YES, the weather has been very unusual in Southern California.. very cool. I was just saying yesterday that it has been feeling a lot like March or early April, not late July. I am not complaining either, but yeah, it is weird. I've never seen a summer like this.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Yes it is, it is usually hot sunny, people wearing short lots of activity happening, but no they have to chemtrail us and create gloom and doom and prove to us it's all about climate change, it makes me sick. I also think it could be being done so other nations can not see our cities via Satellites?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Im not in cali, but in rhode island, and I know last summer we might as well have just skipped it. Seemed like we went from spring right back to fall. Was very odd.Very pleasant too. Also a ton of rain. My garden could have been a on a show "Gardens gone wild!" I know that doesn't really help you but this year it is very very hot. I wonder if it has anything to do with the earth tilting maybe?

The good news is you guys aren't having a lot of fires are you?

[edit on 26-7-2010 by yigsstarhouse]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

No there haven't been a lot, but I think there tend to be more fires around late Fall when the Santa Anas are about.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
hey OP,

i've also mentioned this to friends.
we got a crazy amount of rain this year (i'm also in northern cali - SF) ...
it never rains past feb here -- for the most part; this year it rainned well into may and early june.

i work in livermore, and it's normally very hot during the summer months there. it's been mild in comparison to recent years. ALSO, my creative director commented that in his 10 years in livermore, he's never seen the surrounding hills/mountains covered in snow as it had done this past winter.

it IS weird weather. and i've noticed.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

Wow! That's quite a nice avatar you have there! But on topic, I'm starting to feel better, well at least in the sense that I'm not the only one seemingly noticing this. I mean, lots of people HAVE to notice it, but whenever I mention it to anyone, they just don't really seem to notice or care.

This is a bit off topic, well, maybe a lot, but in August last year, I actually saw a ufo over Los Angeles. I was outside with my neighbor who was fixing something on my car. I pointed it out to him and said "what is that!?" He looked at it for a moment, then just said "that is weird. . .don't start me trippin'" then went back to work on the car. I'm like, wth? Don't you want to know what's going on??

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
All of the heat has moved to New York. You are welcome to have it back, we've had enough. Hottest summer in history, so I've heard.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Well not to hijack your thread - but there was a Tornado in the Bronx yesterday July 26th...

www.aolnews.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
Well not to hijack your thread - but there was a Tornado in the Bronx yesterday July 26th...

www.aolnews.com...

Wow - I hadn't heard of this actually. The winds of change seem to be blowing.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
All of the heat has moved to New York. You are welcome to have it back, we've had enough. Hottest summer in history, so I've heard.

I've heard that as well. I'm one for sharing; let's say we'll take about 7 degrees from you?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Very strange. We've been talking about this for the past 2 months now. Last week (or was it two weeks ago?) when it was hot for a couple of days, I was like oh ok, here comes that summer heat we usually get. Nope, back to overcast and cold nights. I'm not complaining too much because like most of you, I enjoy the cooler weather than the typical so cal summer heat bombs but the one thing I am complaining about is the nights. I miss the nice, warm summer nights we had. I want those back!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'm in Los Angeles, Santa Clarita to be exact where it should be 10 deg hotter than LA. Normal temps for July 27th would be around or above 90. It was 68 deg on our patio at NOON! We are pretty darned cold. Not running A/C (very unusual) using jackets in the morning and night and closing everything up because it was 54 deg last night.

Of course we will still have stints of very hot periods like several weeks ago but to have daytime temps this low, is very wrong.

www.iceagenow.com

Check it out!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
well up here in Texas where I live it was raining grape-sized hail. I thought that was unusual myself for this time of the year.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I still have to wonder if it has anything to do with the earth tilting. I am far from being a scientist in that field but for those who are, would cali be tilted a bit away while the east coast is tilted up towards the sun a bit now? lol Hope that made sense!

One other thing I noticed as well was last year when we had cooler temps, we had a ton of chemtrails. This summer we have had very few. How are your skies out there now with those?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lel1111

Ok....Im starting to get frustrated with this weather. Im in Encinitas (North San Diego County) and it has been grey sky weather now for the last 3 months. Only had about 5 days of sun this month and temps under 70 degrees.

Whats going on? I miss surfing and the water is way colder than it should be....have to wear my wetsuit and August is only a few days away. Not many chicks on the beach with bikini's either

Anyone know whats going on. I've read many theories from the earth tilting to HARRP to chemtrails to as a coverup for military activity from satelite imaging... any weather experts?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

No chemtrails here in Encinitas/Oceanside. I've noticed on satelite imaging that most of the chemtrails are out over the ocean ( a few miles out over the horizon)

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I live near Seattle. So far this year we have had only one week of what could be called Summer weather. Until mid July, we were still wearing jackets.

<<   2 >>

join