It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWSWEEK: Wikileaks Documents Confirm What We Already Know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

NEWSWEEK: Wikileaks Documents Confirm What We Already Know

www.newsweek.com

At the end of the day, there's nothing terribly surprising in the reports. The preliminary answer is that there is less to the documents than meets the eye. A compilation of raw, unedited reports from units in the field from January 2004 to December 2009, the documents show in painful detail what we knew in broad terms already: that the war in Afghanistan is a brutal slog; that the Taliban appear to be winning it; and that U.S and coalition forces in Afghanistan have felt underappreciated back home.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

The documents, Kerry said, "raise serious questions about the reality of America's policy towards Pakistan and Afghanistan" and "may well underscore the stakes and make the calibrations needed to get the policy right more urgent." What Kerry meant by this is unclear.

Unclear? lol, Wikileaks let us understand that the Billions of dollars we've given to Pakistan have instead been funding the very forces we've been fighting!... Doh, that part should have smacked NewsWeek like a 10 gallon open hand.

Anyway, NewsWeek has concluded pretty much what we here on ATS have, which makes us pretty intelligent, huh?

Maybe We should write to NewsWeek, and let em know our abilities, they can then just come on over and discuss financial compensation terms in exchange for our expertise, right SkepticOverLord?!

=
=

www.newsweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This is all a bunch of propaganda by the U.S. to give America a reason to attack Iran. I haven't read all of the reports yet, but I have read quite a few and I still haven't found any horrible atrocities commited by the U.S. It's mostly just civilians getting bumped by Humvees or vehicle rollovers and what not.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
CFR outpost ‘Newsweek’ is telling the public here that Wikileaks is no big deal.

I wonder why, oh why, would they want to do such a thing?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I have to concur with your annalysis of the situation.

It's only obvious that Julian Assange was caught up with via the U.S. Cartel and given options for survival, which upon his tap dance and shoe in the Cartel brought the big three news puppets onboard and made the big bombshell release seem like he had his shtuff together to orchestrate a simultaneous release of this big dust cloud of a wow from three major news sources.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Isn't that what they all say?...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

CFR wants Obama and the U.S. out of Afghanistan and not engaged with Iran in any military actions. It actually makes perfect sense.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Maybe they want to use this to say "See secret classified documents are being released on the internet, we need to be able to shut it down and control it."

Link : www.xomba.com...

Obama May Have His "Internet Kill Switch" To Control Internet Content

Yesterday the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee passed a bill to give Obama the power to shut down the internet for national security reasons. The bill is said to put limits on what the president can do unlike the Communications Act of 1934. But the fear is that the Obama Administration has not played by the rules so far, and what prevents him from stepping out of his boundaries and shut down parts of the internet that has negative articles concerning him and the Democratic Party.

Obama has complained in the past about too much information on the internet. This could be the thing that he could use to punish those that report news about his administration and the Democratic Party. The bill still has to go before the House and Senate for a full vote before it is sent to the President for a signature.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

CFR wants Obama and the U.S. out of Afghanistan and not engaged with Iran in any military actions. It actually makes perfect sense.

You know, in a rather damning assessment of the world we live in, I would go on to say that just about anything that happens makes perfect sense, given the quagmire we have found ourselves lost in the middle of.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well for all my fellow Americans, (and I know this will be hard to believe) but this isnt all about us. Assange isnt American. We arent his only target audience.

In other countries, people ARE concerned about civilian suffering and casualties, and this may prompt them to push their governments to withdraw support for the war in Afghanistan.

If you notice in the "Shoring up support" leak, the CIA is very aware that this is a possibility, and is plotting how to propagandize to prevent this from happening. These leaks may certainly undermine their efforts to convince Europeans that this war is doing more good than harm, and not a waste of resources.

Americans are so used to what we do, we forget that other people in other countries dont see things the same way we do. Not everyone recognizes Americas god given right to attack unprovoked anywhere in the world we want to, regardless what the UN, other nations, or anyone thinks.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
welll

these reports come from inside the us gov ... so they already knew that

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

I mostly agree with you on this, but you cannot beat a dedicated guerilla force not in the revolutionary war or in the year 3010.
I feel the biggest realization is the straight up kill orders and Most important are the civilian casualties.
Now here's the rub, in guerilla warfare anyone can be a civillian and without weapons on said bodies they appear to be civi's.
That is why I say pull our boys and girls home build big big fences double our navy and air force and work on industrial production of goods and technology.
Sorry about falling off topic there but I feel it is important to the situation and my explanation.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I agree. This all comes at a time when they are trying to trump up support to attack Iran and with the docs saying that Iran is supporting Al-Qaida looks really bad. The one thing that really made me realize that this was leaked on purpose was the docs saying that they knew where Osama was hiding. Osama is dead (imo) but the gov would like us to think that they are still hunting him. And to top it off Newsweek asked the White House for the go ahead before they published the docs. Why would the gov allow them to publish these docs? It is all info they want us to know. It supports the agenda.

new topics

top topics

join