It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R. 5741: Mandatory 2 year Service to Federal Government

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by coldfiremx
I skipped through after the OP, but this is a joke. I have no problem serving time for my country, as along as my country serves time for me.

youve hit the nail right on the head....

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by coldfiremx
why do they always send the poor?

That is exact lyrics to a song by System of a Down called B.Y.O.B
what you said pretty much sums up what the song is about

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by hentaiboy22
It wouldn't be such a bad idea if we weren't in a war that I didn't agree with. But since this war is something I am animately against I wouldn't support the government in anyway. How about this; stop the war, stop the crazy spending, get rid of invasive foreign policy and I may consider it. Until then I will never accept a draft

The US is in a war or "serious conflict" virtually every 10 years, ever since it was founded, including a remarkably bloody war fought by it's own, and against it's own population.

What makes you think we will ever stop going to war? No draft, ever. Liberty. The government need not take anything away from you. Plenty of servicemen and servicewomen have fought, bled, and died for these principles.

Now folks want to claim none of that mattered, and for the sake of all those "fat lazy people", we should institute a military draft on the entire population, ages 18-42, in a nation that has militarized 100% for 200 years.
"Pride in your country, dur hur.."

Good thing there is a profanity censor on this site right now..

[edit on 27-7-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
forced slavery, pure and simple!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by copper5661

It would do a lot of good to serve the country for a couple of years.

Really? Serve the country doing what? Who are people really serving? They're not serving this country . . . they're serving war profiteers! You think that's something we all should be a part of? Do you think it's right that our troops who have the courage to risk their lives have done so after being deceived by our government? I guess in a perfect "free world" serving your country for a couple of years might be "good" for citizens, but we are at the opposite end of the spectrum these days. Every time I hear another soldier in our military has been killed I become incensed. Nine years...we never should've been there to begin with....we've not accomplished a whole lot ... and there's really no end in sight. Then, when our troops have put in their time and have come out with physical or psychiatric problems, our govt. acts like they're not a priority.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I'm not sure I get what you are saying; how does any past wars validate this one? I don't get this war, it's invasive and ethnocentric in the form of democracy

[edit on 27-7-2010 by hentaiboy22]

[edit on 27-7-2010 by hentaiboy22]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hentaiboy22

I wasn't trying to validate this war. I was stating that we are going to be in a constant state of war for the next 50 years, at the very least. (If we even get that far without half the world destroying itself.)

I feel people need to be a bit more *assertive* when it comes to their opinions and standpoints on a *military draft*. This isn't a "European country", this is a *massive* militarized nation, that is a constant war aggressor. If you're "not sure", about a *draft*, then maybe you ought to figure out your stance, and figure it out soon. If you get "called up" in the United States, you're going to be giving your blood. This isn't some piddly little nation where it's draftees become "better patriots". America's draftees go to war, where they kill, and die.

Are you ready to kill? Are you ready to spill blood and maim, or be terribly maimed yourself? Or how about having your flesh melted off from an IED, in a barren war-torn wasteland, eons away from your family? If you want to really know what that's like, I can get in contact with a couple of guys to give you the cold-hard details on the whole flesh-burning, limb-tearing experience. I'm sure they'll love telling you all about it, then agreeing with you on how they should draft their own sons into the military.

Yeah, that's what the US military is all about. It isn't about helping granny cross the street.

There are ways to better yourself, and if you want to instill pride in yourself, you can do that. You can even join the military if you want to. However, suggesting we should draft everyone.. is a mistake.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I have seen alot of people talk of the skills a person gets while in the Military.
And this bill does not represent an 18 year old kid putting on a yellow t-shirt and beautifying the local library, it is a 100% chance draft into Military service.
So my kids will learn to cope with ptsd because they wiped out a bunch of civilian kids?
I'll pass.
Unless the skill you all might be referring to is how to properly carry a rifle, my kids know that, so I guess they don't need to go?
Although I will say holding a rifle will be a skill in much need, as when they get back to the US Toys R Us will need security guards as well as the supermarkets.
Mandatory service is a bad idea all the way around.
Why doesn't the government start a "New Deal" and repair the infrastructure that is badly in need of repair?
Why don't we start to manufacture goods here in the US again?
Offer a fair wage and we don't need an autoworker salary, but something reasonable to start.
I just see no good in throwing my kids and future grandkids into the sausage grinder.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
This is good news, it's about time! this will mean more jobs for everyone.

I served for almost 4 years and it helped me develop into a man.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I'd like to remind anyone who is a true citizen, remember your real DUTY. Your true DUTY, as an American, is to work to preserve liberty and resist tyranny, if/when such a law passes. That is TRUE American service. Don't forget it.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

I define a man by the actions he chooses, not by the actions he is forced to do.

You chose to serve, then i admire you for making that choice. And i value the liberty that allows you to make that choice, just as much.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

Totally agree with you believe it should be the same in Australia but also what a way to train an in country militia. Will know what evrything means and what normal protocols are too for most tactical movements. This may be all a means to help a country defend it's self easier like China and Korea. Who knows if they really wanted this in i'm sure the behind the scenes government would come up with something for the uneducated masses to follow like they did with the whole false terrorism story.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
In many countries there is required military service. Where is the problem with that?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProdigalSon
In many countries there is required military service. Where is the problem with that?

The "problem with that", as you say, is that this is not "many countries".

This is my country, i believe in liberty, take your "many countries", and you can keep them.

Really where is the problem with that?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Hey when do I get the chance to ask that pussy Barack Hussein Obama. "Hey, since you've surrendered the south western America to drug cartels, Allow the company with worst safety record to regulate themselves. "Influence can infect judgement. An idea can change everything. I hope that the earth and it's children are judged fairly and justice is served amen.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
A draft. In the US.

Unbelievable...some are defending the notion. Insane really. But then again, most have no idea of what reality encompasses. Nobody can blame your ignorance, they can however, recognize your ignorance and your unwillingness to let go of said ignorance.

reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

Then let me be the person to tell you that you most likely have no IDEA of what a man is and most likely, you never will. What you might have learned is the ignorant outer shell anyone growing up in a poor neighbourhood already understands at the age of 4, heck.

A man he says...next thing you know a woman will come out the military saying it made a real female out of her.

The intelligence...it´s staggering.
"A man" he says...what? They taught you how to tie knots and crawl over the ground with a rifle on your back? They taught you what your crappy parents should have taught you(most likely not)? They gave you a boost of self-confidence by screaming at you to have you follow orders like a lapdog?

Self-propellant ignorance IS an issue.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

How is that Obama. Is he a sponsor or co sponsor of the bill?

Last time folks. The President doesn't make laws. Congress makes laws. The President just signs them into law. And if the bill passes then that means a majority of people want it. Elected officials speak for YOU. So if the bill passes then they spoke on YOUR behalf.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by elcapitano75

The "problem with that", as you say, is that this is not "many countries".

This is my country, i believe in liberty, take your "many countries", and you can keep them.

Really where is the problem with that?

indeed, freedom is a very missunderstood concept.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

The problem with that, my one-liner, newly ATS enrolled friend, is that the US isn't "many other countries". It is America. The country that has been at war for the past 200 years.

You know, that country that's always in the news because everyone hates it for constantly being at war, and being an iron-fist aggressor? Yeah, that one.

How many servicemen and women are certified to die, and guaranteed to be killers of other human-beings, in these "many other countries"? In America, in the past 50 years, there have been millions of people rotated in and out of the line of fire. Thousands, upon thousands of these people are dead. Gone. An untold number of maimed, wounded and emotionally and psychologically crippled and defunct.

Yeah, it's all "pretty" and "special" that all these neat little Euro countries enlist their people into service, but thankful for those countries, they're not constantly attacking other countries.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by c g henderson

l am all for for being patriotic to my country' lf my country was attacked by another country l would do everything l could to protect it. What seems to be missing now is JUST CAUSE. The wars we are being asked (or made) to participate in now have been orchestrated by our own governments. That includes the UK. 9 11 has more holes in it than a tea strainer as have all the other false flags that have been used to dupe us to make us think that other countries want to attack us.The word Patriot has little meaning for me now, l prefer to say ldiot. lf you take Obama out of the equation what are we looking at here? A Zionist, lsraeli government that is hell bent on world domination. The proof is staring us all in the face but we either cant see it or refuse to because then, if we acknowlege it we will have to do something about it. So it would do well for us to remember The united states as a country was taken over a long time ago, they just havent told us yet. So be patriotic, kill more innocent people for them, people across the other side of the world who just want to live their lives and watch their children reach adulthood just like we all do. Please for the sake of all humanity, WAKE UP Before its to late. Peace Starchild.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join