It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R. 5741: Mandatory 2 year Service to Federal Government

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I think we need to watch this one. This goes back to when Obama said he wanted a national civilian security force that is equipped, trained, and funded like the US military. If anybody hears any updates, let me know

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Future events will cause this bill to seem foolish not to pass. ESPECIALLY if it doesn't pass on its own. It would be less destructive to just vote it in and go with it. That will not happen and it is very obvious that it won't. Only full out very blunt in the masses face WAR will get this passed.

If they need to kill 10 to save 1000 what do you think they will do?

If they need to kill 10,000 unwilling recruits to get 300,000,000 willing recruits to keep the world going in the direction they want what do you think they will do?

The masses underestimate what the price of freedom is. If they won't willing do what it takes to pay for it then they will have to do it unknowingly through propaganda and fear believing they are doing it for themselves. The best way to get someone to do what you want is to make them want the same thing.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranoidjuggalo
I think we need to watch this one. This goes back to when Obama said he wanted a national civilian security force that is equipped, trained, and funded like the US military. If anybody hears any updates, let me know

The one thing you need to be updated on is that this has ZERO to do with Obama--this bill was put forward in the same form, by the same congressman, many times dating back to 2003--when Bush JR was in office.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I doubt this bill will pass...

However, a thought.

As a spouse of a career Marine, I would just like to comment that it would take much longer than 2 years for most of the 18-30 year olds I observe in the general public today to learn any kind of respect for the military, authority figures, and people in general. The general consensus I seem to feel and see from most of the ones I have worked with and interacted with on a daily basis is:

"Why do I have to do that?"
"What's in it for me?"
"It wasn't my fault."
"Go get it yourself."

To spend the billions of dollars reteaching them the lessons their parents should have taught them from the cradle will take too much time and too many lives will be lost out of the frustration of the people trying to impart them.

Furthermore, who's to say that the vast percentage of the forced labor will honestly give a darn about any of us to protect us in the first place??? Apathy, rebellion, and slacker streetsmarts will rule the day. Truly, these are not the troops I want protecting me. God Help us all.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by thegoodearth]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
I doubt this bill will pass...

However, a thought.

As a spouse of a career Marine, I would just like to comment that it would take much longer than 2 years for most of the 18-30 year olds I observe in the general public today to learn any kind of respect for the military, authority figures, and people in general. The general consensus I seem to feel and see from most of the ones I have worked with and interacted with on a daily basis is:

"Why do I have to do that?"
"What's in it for me?"
"It wasn't my fault."
"Go get it yourself."

To spend the billions of dollars reteaching them the lessons their parents should have taught them from the cradle will take too much time and too many lives will be lost out of the frustration of the people trying to impart them.

Furthermore, who's to say that the vast percentage of the forced labor will honestly give a darn about any of us to protect us in the first place??? Apathy, rebellion, and slacker streetsmarts will rule the day. Truly, these are not the troops I want protecting me. God Help us all.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by thegoodearth]

Unfortunatley, this is the atmosphere that the "Tea Party" and Republicans are promoting in this country. Railing against "entitlements" like welfare, unemployment insurance , social security and improved health care access as something that this country shouldn't be providing to our disadvantaged or jobless because they don't like how high their taxes are or thinking that people collecting unemployment or disability are living high off the hog, not working, because those massive 100-900 dollar UI checks or welfare checks are big big money in the US and no one would ever have to go to work.

The idea that all individuals should pay into some sort of health insurance so the less wealthy of us don't have to sit in pain and die because they don't have the funds to pay for the insanely high prices of health care, where a normal urgent care visit can usually cost 200 dollars for an uninsured individual.

The conservative mantra that is being plugged into our youth's heads and our heads daily is that since rich Republicans have their own health insurance, way to pay the bills, a job, etc, means that they shouldn't have to help those who don't. In short the motto is: "I got mine. Screw You".

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Is it COMPULSORY in exchange for some government benefit or is it REQUIRED with some penalty?

>> National Service suggestions have been around for some time. They are used in Israel and they were PUSHED by the Founding Fathers. Thomas Jefferson did not want standing armies and looked at countries like Sweden where the citizens were trained to defend themselves and everyone partook.

Usually there is another provision to allow for people to do some other public service like work in a Hospital.

>> Right now, less than 1% of the population is serving the military -- and they are doing tour after tour -- a permanent military class. Poverty is forcing more and more to choose the military rather than not eating.

So, if more Americans share some common purpose and responsibility -- and we ALL have a stake in the game --- it's probably a good thing.

However -- if we cannot have any representation and cannot stop wars as a people -- then it might be conscripted service. It REALLY depends on the details and it depends on Citizen's being able to stop going to wars for corporations who get to use the military to line their pockets.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by up up and away

I have no greed for you. I covet nothing. Do as you will, and live
your life as you please, free from any interference from me.
What is yours is yours--What is mine is mine.

YOU are coveting MY time and labor, to serve YOUR community.
This is an example of greed. "What's mine is yours" would be the creed.

And whether or not I volunteer service to community is a personal
choice. Your tacit slander, however, was correct...I don't or haven't
volunteered much in the way of service or labor to the community.
It is not needed...

MY TAXES ARE MY SERVICE TO YOUR COMMUNITY.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival

It is not needed...

You summed this up perfectly. Any type of compulsory labor is wrong in my opinion; because we already support our community through taxes which do pay our debt to society and the government that furnishes us with public services.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Hey, you were lucky enough to be born here, so you are lucky enough to be forced to do what your overlords tell you.

Look at all the things your government provides for you.

FEMA
IRS
FEDERAL RESERVE
ATF
CIA
NSA
WARS
POVERTY
CRIME
CORRUPT POLITICIANS
CORRUPT CORPORATIONS
COURTS OF ALL TYPES, JUST NO CONSTITUTIONAL ONES
DRUGS
WHO
CDC
WELFARE
SOCIAL SECURITY
MEDICARE
MEDICAID
NAFTA
GATT
POROUS BORDER TO THE SOUTH
ETC, ETC, ETC

Now, to a lot of people in the government milk room, most of these would be beneficial.
To most of others, they are the exact opposite.

I think I have contributed enough to the collective crap storm the US has become. Tell you what, the next COUNTRY that attacks us, I will join up and fight off the invaders. Until that happens, you can take your slavery and shove it.

It is not my responsibility to make sure......................
BP can make billions in Libya.
Haliburton can make billions in Afghanistan.
Federal Reserve and the IMF can make trillions.
Government officials can make $600,000/year retirement after 10 years work.
Government officials can rig contracts for their husband's company.
The president can declare flu state of emergency and make millions on his pharma stock.
Gore and the globalists can make trillions on the carbon tax scam.
Dodd, Frank and Obama can rig the bailout for their corporate whores in the financial industry.
The Dems can screw the public.
The Repubs can screw the public.
The government can convict me of crimes where there is no victim.
To fund perpetual war.
To fund perpetual tyranny.
To fund the Rockefellers, Morgans, Rothschilds, Chases, etc.

Sorry to tell you this, but I no longer fund the kings and their court.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
reply to post by g146541

Government broke the deal with we the people in 1913 when the sold out to the bankers.

S&F Bravo to you OP ,both on this post and that comment ..The United States lost its soul when the Federal Reserve took control of our economy for the European banks.When will we wake up and finally put in end to it ,will the day come where we all work until we are 70 to make rich old European Families Richer?I beg that the people of this great nation take off the blinders and begin to stand and fight if need be , for this country .The Ideals that this nation has been built on still shine true but i fear its soul is being drained and darkened ,like a cancer eating away at the body .

[edit on 28-7-2010 by essanance]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Don't like government due to all that "tyranny and oppression"? Move to Somalia, then tell us how great anarchy is. I also find it mildly ironic when "Consutitionalists" refuse to pay taxes...funny, the Constitution says we have to pay those...oh wait, here comes the "Sovereign Citizens" to tell me that's not true either.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
This country was founded by our forefathers with the imperative that we,
as citizens, maintain a vigilant watch to ensure that our government
remains forever bound by the constitution they enacted.

Their/our own Declaration of Independence states:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

I therefore find it admiral and noble that my fellow citizens keep
vigilant watch... I cannot fathom from where you derive your opinions,
but mine are derived from a close scrutiny of history, from the principles
of our founding fathers, and from my belief that freedom is a precious
commodity, whose cost is vigilance, but whose rewards are great.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
My comment will probably be swallowed up with nary a viewing but I'll try anyway.

The Vast Majority of Bills Go Nowhere (Encore) via the opencongress.org blog

I hope someone reads it...I hope all of you read it. The sky is not falling.

Edit: Bad coding

[edit on 28-7-2010 by links234]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Show me the part of the Constitution that allows income tax on LABOR that is progressive in nature?

Tell me oh smart one, when was the first income tax on labor created?

Tell me oh smart one when allodial title was no longer allowed?

Do you know what allodial title is?

Tell me oh all knowledgeable, where exactly in the Constitution does it allow spying on citizens with no warrant or even an accusation of a crime being committed?

Want a debate? I am your huckleberry.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival

It is not needed...

Rival...you know that I know that you know that I could metaphorically and philosophically bombard this post but I am going to choose not to.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
S&F for effort. I personally don't think this will get passed, but in the event that it does, i think there will be strong resistance at first, but once people realize that if they resist, they will be shot, or jailed, we will just be the sheep we already are and do what they want. think of all the crap we already put up with because of the gov. and accept that and move on with our daily lives, this would just be another thing to add to the list.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by up up and away
That's cute if you "really" believe that ElectricUniverse.

But what you might just find is that the majority of the enlisted men and women "born" into poverty because the "choices" their fathers made(ie. contracting out "their" land to be "developed"through no work of "their own" so they could "see" a quick profit)

Now their children don't "like" the environment that "their father's" choices have brought them.

So some "people" sign another "contract" to get them out of "their" situation/environment.

Maybe I'm just crazy though....who knows?

...It is nothing about "belief"...

In fact, just so you know a background check, including a CREDIT CHECK is done before you are enlisted in any armed forces, and you can't have too much debt, because if you do, they WON'T take you in...

It is a CHOICE...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
well i hope you are as smart as you all think you are.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by up up and away]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
just an FYI
This IS true go here and see a PDF of the whole bill

www.govtrack.us...

H.R.5741 - Universal National Service Act
All Bill Titles
Short: Universal National Service Act as introduced.

Popular: Universal National Service Act as introduced.

Official: To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, to authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, and for other purposes. as introduced.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by halojumper]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Agreed, further more, the concept of working FOR the federal govt is toxic if the federal govt doesnt follow the constitution, the result is nothing more than a isolated praetorian guard to shield the elite from the wrath of their subjects which are forced to continue to fund their own incarceration.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join