It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R. 5741: Mandatory 2 year Service to Federal Government

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This is a requirement in many countries in the world. I actually think it a plausible idea. I have 7 years active duty time, and honestly think every 18 YO should serve two years, whether military or civilian. Boot Camp/Basic Training would get some of these overweight gamers off of there butts and force them to become productive. I know many of you will disagree with me, but this is something that has been tossed around for years.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Just a thought:

If you add mandatory public service (Hitler Youth, SS) with

Eugenics (Planned Parenthood, abortion, birth control)

false flag operations (911, Reichstag fire)

war funding (Bush's, Banking Elite)

an enemy wanting to destroy our way of life (Muslims, Jews) and

a charismatic leader that gets us all worked up (Obama, Hitler).....

we have the makings of the new Reich and the third world war. Like I said, just a thought.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

You see before when some brown men who wear turbans that worship an evil god that says kill the christians hit our country on 911
We had no draft as we did not need it.
We had "Popular War".
Now after almost a decade of putting our kids into the sausage grinder most people know the reasons why we are fighting is all based in several lies.
War is no longer popular and kids are getting smarter and not joining the armed forces or they are joining the non ground forces Navy or Air Force so that they may not be in on the hardcore of the fighting.
So now as to not have to use the word "Draft" the PTB makes up some fairy tale of a better America through volunteer service!!
GO USA!!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Thats exactly what I was trying to say bubba.
seeashrink

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
What a lot of people have forgotten we already have to register for a draft situation we have no choice and never have had that choice on your 18 birthday you must register for the draft period, it’s been that way forever. Now as far as the guidelines to enact or to call up a draft hasn’t changed since before the Vietnam War. Most were draft to fight in that war, and if the volunteer force becomes to small people will be drafted again, but no worries most of the services have meet there requirements for recruitment and have turned people away. So you’re all worrying over nothing. I did my time and I always said my kids will do theirs but now with the way things are going I tell them not to serve in the armed forces for many reasons and until we get back to fighting under the Geneva Convention and stop all this b.s. theaters we are fighting in now no way no how will my kids serve.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

yeah slavery about sums it up wonder if having a mental illness gets you outa it otherwise i might have to move 50 miles up to canada from where i am

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

I think that when someone is forced to participate in something they are inherently bound to rebel because it was not their decision. I agree that our youth is dropping the ball, but this would only create an angry youth because they are forced to do something they do not wish to do.

I did not see if this bill included options such as college or trade schools. If options were left open in that way it may be a good idea if tweeked the right way, but it is still an encroachment on one's right to do as they wish; whether it's good for society or not.

Free will is more important than anything else.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Lol, just Lol...

The USA is no Swistzerland. I almost gagged.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I spent 7 years active duty military, my brother is a marine, one cousin in the army, and a daughter that is a Marine. I have 3 sons that are military age, and I won't support a one of them that wants to join the military at this point.

My step father is a Korea war vet and yet will not support his grandson joining the Marines.

I don't believe in the two wars we are involved in, however, requiring two years of government service might bring some of the elite into contact with everyday folks. When they shave your head in basic, you will not be able to recognize your best friend, kind of makes it all equal.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

You are partially right, community service is a noble deed, but forced service is slavery.
Yes many countries have mandatory service however MANY countries are not the USA.
Yes kids are lazy, big deal so was I, then I got responsibilities and put my boots on and got to work.
If people had the Honest choice to serve only in their community and also the US was not funded and run by the Industrial Military complex, maybe this would not be so bad but,… we both know that is not the case.
Our volunteers will be handed a rifle and told to hate the evil brown man.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It seems a bit odd that the last time I heard of this, most people were remarking how it only seemed patriotic to at least give a little time to keeping your country safe. My how the tides do turn.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
US Bill of Rights

Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

www.ushistory.org...

Not going to happen.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

You are right we do have to register with the draft.
But if drafted I would move my kids north and scream that if Presidents can do it and be loooked upon as someone who stood up for their principals, then why can't my kids?
Billy Clinton spent some time in Canada.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by c g henderson

Really? me?
Any quotes on this being a good idea?
I do not remember this.
Source plz?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

That pertains to punishment for crimes,
Not a bad luck lottery.
Good point however, if they cannot do this to a criminal then why can they do it to a free man or woman?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Meh. This was a point that Obama put forth when he was campaigning for POTUS. It was no secret, for sure.

I'm not even going to get into whether this is a real bill or if it will pass.

Obama said he wanted this, and he was elected by the majority of voters.

Oh, well.

My opinion on it all? Doesn't matter. My fellow citizens have already said, via their votes, the majority of those that voted, they want this.

Whether I comply or not, that is another matter.

Oh, wait. Well, if we are going to continue to have massive unemployed folks around, might as well put them to work to get their relief funds. It worked out well for my Granddad in the 1930's. He learned a new skill, using dynamite, which eventually got him a rather well paying job in the coal mines. I just hope this bill will lead to actual skills being taught to people who will be able to put those skills to good use later. Skills that will be useful in the 21st century. Somehow I just doubt it all, though.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I honestly do not believe that most 18 YO's are truly capable of making decisions about their lives. Not that I do not speak in absolutes, because that is not always the case.

The time I spent in the service, I do not consider slavery, as I was fairly compensated for the work I performed. As far as forcing, I do believe they should have the opportunity to choose between a civilian or military option, however I believe the first 6 weeks of their service should be identical. There are many things that need to be need done within government service, some could be trained in medical, some in clerical, some in a whole bunch of different fields. There are many different things that could be done, and on the civilian side, the gov't might actually get some return on it's investment.

I know this is probably not a popular view to the anti-government folks, but then again we would not have a 25%+ unemployment rate among our youth, and once they came out as 20 YO's, they might have a realistic idea of what they want to do. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

Seems like when the "Bill of Rights" were written, slavery, at least of African Americans was still allowed. But then again, it has been about 30 years since I read my American History.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It sounds like the government needs body parts over in afghanistan* i find this ironic, this hr 5741 bill and the leaking of WIKIleaks afghanistan news about us over thier. yuo cannot force someone to join or do something they dont wanna do obama, that is part of the american dream. many other countrys require yuot o join, this is america* not those other backward countrys. god i hope this is obama's last term in office.
it sounds olike ti bettr ot keep smoking ciggarettes and get cnacer* so you cannot serve then

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
We need to have Americans feel like Americans. What better way than to instill allegiance to our country.

The aforementioned is a big reason why many Americans dispose themselves in being non-subject to our freedom.

Millions of Americans through time have given their lives to freedom. What is wrong with giving young men and women reason to be members (with dignity) of our great country.

Let's instill in our youth the greatness of our country. Revive our appreciation for the country in which we live.

I see nothing wrong with it. Besides, those that serve will be treated with better benefits and job opportunities than those who are abject to being strong individuals.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join