It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R. 5741: Mandatory 2 year Service to Federal Government

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I wonder if this is why the OBama admin. is slashing back on numbers in the marine corps? They are making it next to impossible for Prior Service and those still under contract within the ranks of the Individual Ready Reserve to voluntarily serve active duty, I have even heard from some friends of mine still serving that they are offering "early outs" for short timers (not to be confused with terminal leave) in which basically they just can pack up and go up to 3 months before the end of their current contract and still be pay rolled as though they were still doing there job. Making room for the "new guys" the obama-bots dun dun dun.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The American people will never support a required military service law unless there are MAJOR attacks. By Major, I don't mean 9/11. I mean an active credible threat of nuclear war with actual use of nuclear weapons.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Takamuri]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
i say its a good idea, but should be taken one step further. i say "citizenship through service". why should your fat, bloated ass feel entitled to all the rights of citizenship just because you were lucky enough to be born here, and not have to give a little something back? remember jfk: "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." some of you guys bitch and moan about how the gov does this or that, but you dont do anything about it. you dont serve and barely vote. all you do is sit in front of a screen, scared to death, passing rumors that have little bearing on reality. guess what? you are the gov! you claim to be a patriot, well show it! stop fighting the system and fix the system. none of those guys making the law were "placed" there, they got voted in, so vote them out if you dont like what they are doing. do something, anything, to support your country. give back a little and stop taking!

again, i, as a war vet, think there is something to Heinlein's "citizenship through service." only those that are willing to serve the country should have all the benefits of the country. this contridicts the constitution (citizen by birth), but the constitution can be changed.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I may live to regret this, but... After the shock and awe had worn off, I came to the conclusion that this might be a good idea. If I have to die so that Obama's blinded supports can wake up, I have absolutely no problem with this bill being passed. Since Obama and democrats seem to want a complete extermination of American citizens (so they can win an election), maybe some death and carnage will get voters to be more cautious.

To Obama Supporters: Electing Obama into office comes with consequences. If you voted for this guy blindly, ignoring the various media clips, you completely deserve the pain that comes from your ignorance.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Section31]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I saw this and was shocked, then I saw that this was not the first time this has been proposed. I can say that the Navy is overfilled on people as it is, but I do not beleave that anyone should be forced into working for the goverment. Joining the military can be and has proven to be a fatal desision for many, so why should the goverment be making that choice for anyone. I have seen people that did not want to be in the military, mostly because it was not what the thought it was, and I can tell you that the hardest workers were the people that wanted to be there. This bill should never pass but if it does I will only look for the next thing the goverment wants to remove our freedoms on.

wbye

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This is the same style of law that Israel has. Makes you wonder.

This may not be a bad thing. More people will have an idea of how the government works and what really goes on out there. I would be willing to serve my two years. Need to lose some weight first. The clause about stop-loss I believe is only there so it doesnt contradict current law. As antiestablishment as I am, I see this as supporting the people and preventing us from being overrun by the government. How do you police a nation with 150million militarized individuals? That's exactly why this law will not be passed.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
There are several of these threads on here almost one for every year. Here is one for 06

ATS link Universal National Service Act 2006

BUT last year this was passed

ATS link HR 1388 National Service Bill Passed Senate

that one passed and obama signed it April of last year

Which means, this one could very well go through easy peezy.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I may live to regret this, but... After the shock and awe had worn off, I came to the conclusion that this might be a good idea. If I have to die so that Obama's blinded supports can wake up, I have absolutely no problem with this bill being passed. Since Obama and democrats seem to want a complete extermination of American citizens (so they can win an election), maybe some death and carnage will get voters to be more cautious.

Electing Obama into office comes with consequences. If you voted for this guy blindly, ignoring the various media clips, you completely deserve the pain that comes from your ignorance.

wow! did you forget who started the conflicts we are now in? who started them on misguided and made-up information? who lied us into a decade of conflict and dead soldiers? yep, wasnt obamma, but bush! always remember that bush started the conflicts. bush lied to us. bush over reacted and attacked two countries based on a criminal organization and act.

remember, the bill only says gov service, not military service. this means working in the gov. perhaps if more people actually did so, then they would be more inclined to fixing the gov.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I wonder why they wanna make us serve though>? they have shown NO interest in bailing out/helping the middle class workers. Theyve only hlepd the big bankers, half of which had already been caught red handed in money laundering! so they think its a good moral for us to serve? somethings wrong witht his picture indeed... maybe its because they know the system here is screwed, so to keep the unemployment numbers on at least a good image, make us serve so we have to go overseas? catch my drift all? thiers NO jobs, so to avoid giving us money* be it welfare, unemployment ect..send us overseas to keep the $$$$. just a thought that went through my mind.
All this reminds me of a song from an older metal band 'nuclear assault' fromt he late 80's. I think the song was called stand up and be free. They are/were a politcal band. The heavy part of the lyrics go...
" Vietnam and Lebanon, other peoples wars, i wont fight unless its right, co operate wars no more, i belive my countrys worth my life to help defend, i wont fight to help keep the DOW JONES outta the red"

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm sure the "TPTB" would love to implement this but it won't work in this country. Plus, people are too lazy now busy on the internet and texting... Regardless of the rights and wrongs in this thing, once you have spoiled a population it is very difficult to reign in after the fact.

Another problem is that Washington harbors very weak leadership. Weak leadership cannot motivate a people it can only crucify them.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stormson

I agree with you on the entitlement bit. And I am a fat lazy ass, I wont disagree there either. I would be willing to serve my time. I doubt this law will be approved because this government is looking to make us all rely on it for support and this would make us all self-sufficient.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Well, I'm certainly am not a fan of state servitude. I'm merely stating that a couple of years of military service would not hurt most of our young men today. I have not gone into the depth of the proposed bill so I am sure your sentiments are right.
Having said that, I still would not object to a couple of years of military service. At least with that, a future sitting POTUS would have some mititary experience.
Thanks for the compliment of following my post. I'm seriosly flattered.
seeashrink

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by stormson

This war now belongs to Obama, period. It does not matter who started the war, but what does matter is who is in charge now. If this law does get passed, (because it is from a Democrat while Democrats are in the majority), this will become Obama's and the Democrats' wartime policy. Period.

Obama's worshipers have no one else to blame but themselves. Maybe some pain will be a good thing. It will teach people to think before voting.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Rangel at it again...

I thought they got rid of that guy? Some scandals or something along those lines?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well after cooling down and re-reading the bill a few more times, I am still pissed off.

I don't have an issue with service to the Nation but it should not be forced. I can tell you that crap like this could actually pass with this adminastration. The incumbants know they are in for a hard time and should they not get re-elected they will have nothing to loose so they will try to get as much done as possible.

I don't think anything they pass will be repealed. So we must prepare for a fight politically and possibly physcal.

I will not be a slave to no man. They can pass whatever they want and all I can say is try to Enforce it. I will do what I must to remain free.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
so much for the Land of the Free.....Israel has the same 2 year service deal. had a mate fly back from canada just to do it............

Honestly, i smell revolution

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yeah they have him on an ethics violation. He really needs to go. Along with the rest of Congress. They have destroyed the Republic.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WayLander
so much for the Land of the Free.....

If they were to pass this and other crap revolution it may be.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WayLander

Where is the so called revolution from Obamacare being passed? It will never-ever happen. Even though people like to talk about it, putting the words into actuality is an entirely different scenario. I personally think that my fellow Americans love to be pushed over and over and over...

Revolt will never-ever happen. If there was any chance of a revolution, it would have been during the Obamacare chaos. It has been signed, sealed, and delivered. Nothing happened. Another American Revolution will never-ever happen again.

We now have more chances of being drafted than repealing Obamacare.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post...

Found a great article that articulates this situation perfectly:
Yes, A Period of Consequences

It give great insight into what elections mean, and how something like H.R. 5741 gets passed.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join