It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Boss Hayward Resigns with $1,000,000 Pension

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

BP boss Hayward to get immediate £600,000 pension
Tony Hayward Mr Hayward has been the public face of BP's response to the spill BP chief executive Tony Hayward will get an immediate annual pension worth about £600,000 ($930,000) when he leaves in October, the BBC has learned. Mr Hayward is to stand down after sustained criticism of his handling of the Gulf of Mexico oil leak. However, a BP source said he would be nominated for a non-executive position at the firm's Russian joint venture. BBC business editor Robert Peston said that the pension entitlement was "bound to be hugely controversial".

Could you imagine managing a gas station and causing the largest gas spill in the stations history... then having the nerve and clout to negotiate a pension when you quit shortly thereafter?

I find this unfathomable, though somehow expected.

There is also an ATS thread here:

BP chief Tony Hayward 'negotiating exit deal'
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sri Oracle

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

This is corruption at its heart. BP is just yet another company on the extremely long list of incompetence being rewarded with millions in pensions.

The only reason he is leaving his CEO friends is because he looks bad, but yet still lacks the common sense and dignity to quit with honor.

No, his thieving friends are rewarding the man who helped make them rich and the bad publicity will just wash over eventually in their arrogant, over paid minds.

All the big companies are doing this and many more will continue to follow suit.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
There now he can 'get his life back'. I wish so hard that it makes me angry that we dont have a viable alternative energy source. I hate that we use oil but I understand the need. I hope that my grand kids will never have to deal with an oil spill and seeing pictures of oil covered wildlife on the news. I know it doesnt directly effect them but I do not use BP gas stations anymore. If I have to purchase oil it will not be from anything bearing their name ever.

link   
When this first came out awhile back I said this.

I bet he gets a-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f74a0f0ba2e.jpg[/atsimg]

edit to add-it is all a game

Still waiting on the Blago verdict, I also predicted he would get off.

[edit on 7/26/2010 by endisnighe]

link   
Crime pays and it pays well.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Actually it's £12,000,000, crime pays v. well.

www.reuters.com...

[edit on 26-7-2010 by john124]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I think that his pension should go to the families in the South who have had their livelihoods taken away. Split it up among all of the registered fishermen. If they did that, these people would be all set (relatively speaking), yet instead, all of this money will go to one screw up, who probably doesn't "need" it anyway.

Isn't that how it works though, the more evil, the more successful? Why should this greedy monster be able to feed his family, when others can't simply because of his greed? If there was any ounce of justice left on this planet, this embesil would be worm food.

--airspoon

[edit on 26-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

That's it??? Oh, hell, no! He's a boss somewhere else in that organization. He's going to reap much more than that.

It's not like General McChrystal retired. lol

With a general's mere pension. Nobody stays in that long (34 years) for just 3/4's of base salary. Not at that rank. There's more coming, especially for a servant who sacrificed himself to the PTB.

The same is true for the BP CEO. What? I'm fired and can just go yachting now? lol

Tony "I want my life back" Hayward, will get his life back. Count on it.

He's already got a new job that will pay him millions. And big shares in whatever corporation takes over BP.

Maybe the new name will be USAP.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
www.bbc.co.uk...

BP boss Hayward to get immediate £600,000 pension
Tony Hayward Mr Hayward has been the public face of BP's response to the spill BP chief executive Tony Hayward will get an immediate annual pension worth about £600,000 ($930,000) when he leaves in October, the BBC has learned. Mr Hayward is to stand down after sustained criticism of his handling of the Gulf of Mexico oil leak. However, a BP source said he would be nominated for a non-executive position at the firm's Russian joint venture. BBC business editor Robert Peston said that the pension entitlement was "bound to be hugely controversial".

Could you imagine managing a gas station and causing the largest gas spill in the stations history... then having the nerve and clout to negotiate a pension when you quit shortly thereafter?

I find this unfathomable, though somehow expected.

There is also an ATS thread here:

BP chief Tony Hayward 'negotiating exit deal'
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sri Oracle

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

so does this make him " a little people?" I worked for BP when John Brown was CEO that guy was very odd. He had armed security when he walked in the building that never left his side.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I still think he needs to be held in jail for Contempt of Congress following his "stonewalling". Let him spend his pension from prison.

Sri Oracle

new topics

top topics

join