It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a problem - I'm shy, and single.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Wow! I'm glad to hear you had such a cool connection with your best friend!
That's always good - a happy ending (or beginning depending how you look at it). =)
That's one thing I'm sure about, I want a best friend and partner, that's what I'm looking for.
Fingers still crossed though, hehe.
Wag

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by wagtail

Oh for christ sake!! (send me a pic) and I'll be yours for ever!!

(you must like turtles cats dogs etc,,, and Florida beaches, and crazy things)

I got $$$ for jet ticket for you

xxx

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
what i find hilarious is that so many girls in Sydney complain they cant find a guy, yet so many guys cant find a girl. I swear you'd think the place was segregated!

Its hard to pick up just online but i'd be looking at the kind of 'vibe' you are putting out there, things like rings arent that big a deal any guy with half a brain can see whether what you are wearing is an engagement ring/wedding band or not.

It might be that because of your 'shyness' (BTW stop telling yourself you are shy, you arent) you seem closed off when you are out? Or maybe if you are always hanging out with a bunch of guys its just intimidating for guys to approach you.

You're still young (well, at least it seems that way from your posts) so dont sweat it, most people i know who are coupled off met in an unexpected way. Just have fun with life and make sure you are happy and everything will fall into place.
edit on 19-10-2010 by zvezdar because: blah

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Dear Wagtail,

My #1 piece of advice?

BE YOURSELF. You don't want to find a guy who later realizes that the girl he fell in love with doesn't really exist and you would have to keep an act going. The guy who will love you for who you really are, is the one for you.

My #2 piece of advice?

BE PATIENT. Sometimes the things you are looking for most are right under your nose and you just can't see them! Don't look for them and you find what you were looking for before. In french we have an expression that says "la patience t'amenera de belles récompenses" (patience will bring you great rewards... it rhymes in french lol).

My #3 piece of advice?

HAVE FUN! Go ahead, meet lots of guys. Go for dinners, movies and have a blast! You only live 1 life. It's better to have the fun now, and later the greatness of true love, than to lose the true love or not enjoy it for regret or the dreaded "what if" feeling that many people seem to get for some reason after a certain amount of marriage time...

I had my fun, and now I have my true love who is carrying our little boy (she's due in January!)... There is a time and a place for everything, it's just the wait that makes in unbearable... But you can make it fun if you choose to!

I hope my advice brings you some kind of help!

Magnum

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There's no good reason for even a moderately attractive woman to not be involved if she wants to. I think you may be trying too hard. Just an analogy: It is said that you can't see a fairy if you look right at it; you can only see a fairy if you look sideways. The same is true of stars. The visual acuity of your eye is better to the side than it is straight on. Use this idea for relationships.

I'm assuming you're not really intrerested in the one night stand kind of situation, so you need to weed out guys who are into that kind of life a sthey're not mature enough to handle an adult relationship. The best relationship, IMO, is one based on friendship and common interests. So get a friend first and turn him into your lover. Men are easily manipulated. I'm not saying you should do that intentionally--just explaining the male. Men desperately want to be in a good relationship. You just need to make that easy to happen for the right guy.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Well, I have some news...
for those of you who may be even remotely interested (and to those who have kindly spent some thought on my predicament I thank you) romantic developments are afoot!
Woohoo!
Perhaps it is to be expected - a very dear friend of mine who I've known for 10yrs (we were hippified volunteer bush regenerators/ did our Horticultural studies together) has literally just fallen out of the woodwork and we are in the process of slowly reconnecting...
to be honest our friends have been pulling strings waiting for both of us to be single at the same time...

And well, I guess the rest could be history - if you meet a soul mate even once in your lifetime it's worth the effort.
I'm so happy, and thank you to every one for showing your support.

I just may have found my best friend.
Wag x

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wagtail

Congrats, hope things go well for you both.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Thank you! I have never met someone who was such a true reflection of my inner self... spiritually and mentally more than any other too.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hmmm you should stop wearing a bra?

Just kidding, along the same ring thing that was already mentioned - Maybe keep the rings on your other fingers and leave them off just your ring fingers on both hands. That seems like the most direct way to say you definately aren't attached...with rings anyways.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc858

Haha! Geez, that's an interesting suggestion!
But thanks anyway, I've met someone now...
things are looking up.
Cheers

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Congratulations!! That's terrific.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well I dont know where your hangin out but there are plenty women out there at least in my experience that will pursue the shy type guy. The only catch is.... you have to look right. Have the right symmetry the right scent the right posture the right hygiene. Now I cannot specify what these all are BUT I do know one thing women want what they cannot have. I have had my fair share and have missed my opportunities with even more. It seems to me the people you know and hang out with, the material possessions you own and show off and your personal interests will all factor into whether a female will be interested in you. Example i know women that go crazy when they realize I play guitar which leads me into deeper conversation ect..ect..or that one of my good friends is a music producer and works hand in hand with a local hip hop record company which leads to deeper conversation ect...ect.. vanity rules a majority of women now the only question is what kind are you after...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DieSektor

oh, well, I'm surrounded by people I love and respect - we are all hardworking but pretty non-materialistic...
mostly musos yes, and friendly too...
Artistic, creative and spiritually uplifting open-minded individuals.
Mostly bush-wacking landscaper or treelopper types who save $$$ for the funnest weekend camping trips ever!(with beer)
I may be shy, but I'm never not myself...
Besides, I've met someone - we were right under eachothers nose' the whole way... it was just a matter of timing =P

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wagtail

I am so happy for you, it usually does go that way.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

Thanks Jovi1!
I'm happy too, someone or something out there was listening to my heart...
and I feel so grateful to be given the opportunity to connect with someone I just 'know' was meant to travel with me - if only for a little while perhaps, but he 'knows' also - it's pretty magical.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I'm so glad you found someone! I hope you'll keep us posted on how everything goes.

And if it happens that he isn't the one, believe me there are plenty of shy, single guys out there that are wondering the exact same thing that you were. I was one of those guys, I still am kind of, although I'm a little less shy and a little less single

In my limited experience I'd say my favorite girl was the one who didn't care about messing up with "relationship protocol." Like asking her about being my girlfriend before we even started dating... or talking on the phone for hours before we started dating... Looking back I wish I had done it the "right way" but chances are if he/she is the one it's not going to happen the "right way," it's just gonna happen without you noticing it's happening.

For the most part just feel it out, the way I see it you will know what to do, you just have to do it.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

Thanks!
yes, you are right I think - this particular situation has kinda just crept up on both of us...
so...
here's hoping, I can relax a bit because - well- we've already been friends for so long we sort of feel we have all the time in the world now that we've 'found' each other.
Thanks again! You sound like you know what you're talking about.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wagtail

hahaha it sounds like you are in the exact same situation I'm in right now... except I'm the guy.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Okay.
Scratch that, rewind and start again!
These things happen though, right?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wagtail

Things didn't work out?

That's such a shame. I don't exactly have a wealth of experience when it comes to such things, but try not to feel disheartened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join