It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wikileaks 'source': Former army analyst facing 52 years in prison

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I have a hard time believing that Manning studied and vetted each of 92,000 documents as important information related to a cover-up or multiple cover-ups.

And from the few key bullet points I've seen, he's "whistleblown" to the world that war is foggy. War is messy. War is hell.

This, unfortunately, is nothing new.

I think the poor guy was disheartened, a little unstable, and ended up making some very bad decisions ... to the benefit (profit) of Wikileaks and the MSM covering this.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Here is some of the chats Manning had with Lamo.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I don't necessarily agree with what he did...but we all know these wars are BS! He knew it, and like it or not, helped to spread some evidence on how ridiculous these things are. I am a proud, patriotic American...and I understand that he took an oath before joining...and how this is so morally controversial on what he did. I also think that the most patriotic thing you can do as an American is to criticize and freak out about how absolutely insane our country is now.

I think we all just want the America that we grew up being sold on. Come to find out, we were just spoon fed propaganda. I think Thomas Jefferson would only be quoted as "FML" right now if he could see what we have become. I know Bradley was partly wrong, but this information needs to get out. How much will we let them get away with?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

"Against all enemies both foreign and domestic?"

Are lies and deceit not the greater enemy? Which has caused more damage to the United States, the destruction and loss of life of the 9-11 attacks, or the destruction and loss of life (and liberty) of the lies and deceit that followed?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Just saw maybe the best comment I've seen about this whole situation.

"Hasn't the government heard? Privacy is dead. Get over it."

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

The former hacker who turned in the soldier suspected of handing military secrets to Wikileaks had some harsh words for the organization on "GMA" this morning.

“Wikileaks has acted in a tremendously irresponsible fashion and…they took advantage of systems that were put into place for the purpose of intelligence sharing, for the purpose of making sure that all elements of national security both at home and abroad had access to the information they needed in order to do their job,” Adrian Lamo said.

Private Bradley Manning, under suspicion since May for leaking other intelligence, had previously contacted Lamo apparently telling Lamo that he gave a significant amount of classified information to Wikileaks.

Lamo said he turned Manning over to the Pentagon in an effort to keep the reports from becoming public. But considering the sheer volume of information that came to light yesterday, Lamo says Manning could not have acted alone.

“I do not believe that private manning had the technical expertise necessary to communicate this amount information to the outside world without being detected on his own,” he said. “And I don’t believe he operated without guidance, rather I think it’s more likely that he was a personal shopper for classified data for the Wikileaks apparatus.”

src

Lamo is not to fault here anyone with that view does not see this for what it is. Lamo was in a very difficult position and did the proper thing. Its easy for armchair critics to advocate spilling the beans but if you were privy to this information and fully understood the implications I highly doubt the tough talkers here would put their asses on the line. Would you sacrifice life in jail for this, didn't think so.

In summary Lamo believes Manning was too stupid to pull this off by himself and he may be a patsy for all we know. If convicted Manning should suffer the consequences of violating the oath he swore to uphold. His actions could put his former comrades in harms way.

brill

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

I don't think releasing info about the location of IED attacks etc. in the past will put any soldiers currently over there in any more risk than they are already in.

[edit on 7/26/2010 by SUICIDEHK45]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

NO, I dont think he should. But, the only way we can make sure he doesnt is to get rid of the parasites in office now, and vote in people who will recognize him as the patriot he is and commute his sentence.

Get busy people.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Dreaded double post

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Ahh I love America

Kang Kek Ieu gets 32yrs in prison for killing 1.X million people.
khmernz.blogspot.com...

This dude gives out intelligence documents about an illegal adventure by corporate pigs.. het gets 50yrs.

Love American Justice!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

Or, his actions maybe the breaking point toward the absolute withdrawal from a country the US and NATO forces have no business being in. Thinking of how many lives he would be SAVING then. Of course long term thinking isn't a specialty for many who post on these forums. Much easier to jump on some emotional bandwagon and only think about immediate and often inconsequential reactions.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
please explain

did manning send the files to the hacker?

if he didnt I mean, come on ... thats no proof, since manning could have just read and was trying to punk someone ... he shouldnt be charged with releasing the files, since I dont think they have any proofs ...

off course ... if he send to the hacker, than its another thing ...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
Hard to believe, it wasn't his duty to release jack. He swore an oath when he joined. He knew the consequences of doing anything stupid as he was told several times about his job and then he signed papers to that effect regarding his job and what would happen if he decided to do something stupid.

He made an oath/deal/agreement, he sees something he think as truth, he cannot expose it ?

Did he made an agreement with the devil ?

Conspiracy Sidetrack:
If there really something wrong, will we have a war court ? Like the German and Saddam face ? If there is nothing wrong, why the hush, let him be free.

You know its wrong, yet you let it happen and let it continue, what a deceitful world we're living in. No wonder the UFO do not say hello to humans. We are pathetic scum of the universe.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Look guys!
if this true like we all think it is this guy need an support and in
all levels so lets support him somehow.....!!!!!

Peace

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
History repeating himself all the time.....!
only robbers and people in power enjoy i thats it

peace

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Assuming Manning did what is being alleged, then Obama should be thanking this guy personally. After all, he did a great deed in terms of helping out with that whole transparency thing that Obama was so big on when he was running for office.

Manning did what people in the know, which includes who knows how many politicians and members of the media, should be doing on a daily basis - informing the general public of the truth, or finding a way to enable others to do so. Instead we have to deal with puppets who completely lack any courage to do the right thing, have no moral compass, have a complete lack of respect for the common man and woman, and who will never be held accountable for all of the lies and deception that they spread on a daily basis.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
After watching CNN about the wikileaks.. it sounds as if Wiki is bought and paid for. I'm very disappointed from the information at hand. Nothing incriminating really. Nothing from what I've read. I think the hold off that occurred was wiki getting paid off in exchange for the gov to take back the real interesting stuff in exchange for his safety and a little something something. I guess everybody has a price. I knew it was too good to be true.

Edit:

..And now the elite have another tool to mess with our minds. >> wikileaks.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by disfugured]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
IMO, he stuck to his Oath...

The one about serving the people of America...

I only wish he would get a JUry trial instead of a Military Trial,

because there is NO WAY you would find 12 random civilians to convict him for letting them in on the truth of this "DIRTY WAR" thats only there to make profit for a few...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
IMO, he stuck to his Oath...

The one about serving the people of America...

I only wish he would get a JUry trial instead of a Military Trial,

because there is NO WAY you would find 12 random civilians to convict him for letting them in on the truth of this "DIRTY WAR" thats only there to make profit for a few...

An oath to hide whatever happen or will happen, including but not limited to anything wrong or misguided in order to protect and serve the people of America interest.

So, the maid can sweep the dust under the carpet without the house owner ever knowing it ? Naughty maid!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45

This young man is going to be facing possibly spending the majority of his life behind bars. I understand that what he did was wrong, but it needed to be done. TPTB are trying to prove that these documents being released will harm soldiers currently serving overseas. I don't think he should spend any time behind bars for what he did. After all he was only helping the U.S. government try to spread propaganda about Iran and Pakistan's involvement.

What do you guys think? Should this guy spend the majority of his life behind bars?

He also has a awesome screen name

www.independe nt.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

If people continue to allow or endorse the destruction of a human life, horrendous punitive prioson sentences, they deserve the hell world they are getting.

I don't belive in prisons, and do blieve that very dangerous, murderers and rapists need to be under a kind of house arrest with surveillance, healing and granted wider repsonsiblities and freedom when they are deemed to not be repeating this, with monitoring.

I would liike to see all the leaders and bankers under this kind of house arrest, public housing, not their mansions.

Its all a matter of soul. Eutopia or hell, its a matter of heart mind and spirit. I beleive in crowds of millions of awake people dismantling prisons and rescuing their children, grandchildren and brothers/sisters/neighbors. Period. Period. Period.

Wake up and do a search on your own heart and feelings. Its us, each of us that is being tested here and alot of it involves what we think and feel and stand for. Our need for blood letting and revenge and judgmental stuff is the stuff hell and demons are made of, and we don't want to be facing ourselves one day. Our Higher Selves/ourselves, we're fairly strict with ourselves.

Some of the worse faults and errors are happening right now, in our own homes, in our own minds that repsond to such things in cold or brutal gleeful ways instead of concern and healing.

Etuopia leads to progression and advancement, negative separeation and brutality leads to......

Its not him we have to worry about, its whats in our hearts and what we stand for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join