It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS News: We'll be on Scene at the Arizona 1070 Protests This Week

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
As part of our continuing effort to cover the border security issue, and the front-and-center role Arizona has become, we'll be in downtown Phoenix on Thursday covering the planning "biggest protest ever," as claimed by both sides of the debate.

Assuming the situation doesn't devolve into total mayhem, our hope is that we have the chance to spend some quality time with people on both sides of the issue, video cameras and microphones in-hand.

When we send our news crew to news-worthy places and events such as this, we always want to be sure we're asking the questions you (our members) would want answered. As is always the case, and as we'll always do before our presence, we like to hear from you on the questions you want to hear answers from all sides of this rather complex issue.

So please give us your thoughts on relevant and important questions that would help everyone come to a better understanding of the issues faced by everyone from all angles of this controversial immigration law about to take effect in Arizona.

Thank you.

edit on by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

So please give us your thoughts

If you are white and middle-aged, wear a Kevlar vest, and be armed.

70% of the voting public support this bill, they are going to be outnumbered 10 to 1 at this protest.

I wouldn't rule out intentional provocations to cause chaos and violence.

Good Luck!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
When we send our news crew to news-worthy places and events such as this, we always want to be sure we're asking the questions you (our members) would want answered.

Is it against Federal Law for states to make a law that reinforces a Federal Law and helps find people who broke that Federal Law?

Can states copy a Federal Law? (i.e., It is against the (place name of a state here) law to be an illegal immigrant in this state)

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Viva La Raza!

www.altoarizona.com...

For our friends in Arizona or those who are coming to Arizona, we have kicked off our Week of Action against Criminalization, and on July 29th we ask all Arizonans – Don’t Work, Don’t Buy, Don’t Comply! Please text 30644 with the message, “Arizona” for up to the minute information about actions this week.

For our sisters and brothers standing with us outside of Arizona, we are asking for:

1) Actions Anywhere, Actions Everywhere! We ask you to take action in your community on July 29th. We know our fate is linked; we know that our people are being criminalized and harassed across the country. Let this be a day where we collectively assert our human rights and send the message that we will not permit more violence and harassment of our communities.

Areas of Interest for Actions on July 29th:
-- Immigration and Customs Enforcement offices
-- Local and Municipal Law Enforcement agencies that are currently participating in ICE Access programs.
-- Institutions in your community that collaborate with ICE
-- Elected officials who have taken positions supporting SB1070
-- Protest Boycott targets (see boycott info below)

Yes, I have a question.... Would it not have been better, and easier to comply with the LAW and LEGALLY immigrate to this country?

Of course I suspect that the overwhelming answer will be no.

Why do it legally when it is so damned easy to illegally immigrate here.

The federal government is to blame for that, and for all that may happen now, in Arizona and elsewhere.

It may not happen this week, but eventually this is going to get very ugly.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
My question would be:

What agenda is in place that prohibits the Federal Authorities from protecting the border of the United States from illegal Mexican immigrants?

Secondly, if we downplay the crime of illegally entering the United states and make it more of a bother than a crime, what other "crimes" can we ignore?

SO, I am very excited about you all getting on the front lines and bringing true news to us. Win loose or draw, I want to see the real news. Not some cropped for my edification news. Even if I don't agree with it. I long for journalistic integrity. Maybe this will turn out to be the real truth we all wish we had. Thanks for your hard work.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I got one.

Would the legislation still be considered "racist" if all the illegal immigrants were from Canada, and were white?

Why is the race card to so heavily played in this debate, when really it comes to down a legality issue regarding citizenship?

The reason Mexicans are being "trageted" is that they are the reason for the legislation, if people were immigrating the proper way, none of this would have occured.

~kEEPER

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have another.

What will be the overall cost to the state, and therefore the taxpayer of Arizona in order to enforce these laws?

Who will pay for the paper costs, the incarceration, food, medical etc.. That would be provided to illegals before being deported by ICE.

Furthermore, ICE has been known to be spotty at best when deporting those deemed Illegal. Would this not just convolute the problem as authorities would have to hold illegals indefinetly while they wait for ICE to take over?

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ask the Opisition if they 1)... Read the law? 2) ... Read the federal Law? 3)... are capable of denying ignorance once the facts are presented?

I 100% support AZ

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I like most of the questions presented.

What right does the Mexican people have to displace other countries ability to immigrate to the united Republics of America?

Since sanctuary cities, counties and Republics are DIRECTLY breaking federal law, why have they not been targeted for lawsuits?

Is there an agenda behind the federal government's lack of enforcement of our sovereign borders?

Is this lack a direct attack on the sovereignty of the united Republics of America?

With insurrection and sedition being a direct attack on the sovereignty of the united Republics of America, treason in other words, why has no arrests been made of groups and their leaders calling for the abolition of the southwestern uR of A?

If our leaders back this move by the groups that are out there, are they then complicit in the very treason mentioned?

If a Criminal Invader is apprehended for certain ticketable offenses where there are no victims, then released with no possibility of receiving punishment, does this mean that as a citizen I no longer have to follow these statutes? Equal under the LAW so to speak?

Since Criminal Invaders are allowed to break these laws of our sovereign borders and then work under the table, can I as a citizen then work under the table with no expectation of retaliation by my government?

If people complain that there are checkpoints within our country, why do they not complain about not having secure borders?

If the federal government does not and will not enforce Constitutionally mandated powers, does this mean that they no longer want the Constitutional power delegated to them?

If government wants to pick and choose what laws to follow, by the very definition of the Constitution, we the people are the government, therefore does this not mean I get to pick and choose what laws are relevant to me?

Since the protection of our borders are one of the listed powers allotted the federal government, another is the collection of taxes, can the federal government give that one up also?

I have about 1000 more, want them too?

[edit on 7/26/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Here is my question. (one for each side)

How have you personally been affected by the illegal immigration problem at the border? (pro illegal immigration bill)

How has the anti-illegal immigration bill affected you? (against the illegal immigration bill)

Appreciate the effort you are giving.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Bill, you and your crew stay safe, no one can say ATS doesn't put their money where their mouth is, it's a site to be reckoned with and becoming an important place to get first hand news more and more.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Here are my questions.

Would Arizona have passed this law if economy had been booming?

Just seem strange that Arizona waited for a bad economy to address this issue.

Why do people from Arizona say Obama and the Feds are doing nothing yet this is the most enforcement the Southern border has ever had?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm truly afraid the PTB are working up the race issue very hard and creating a good deal of tension. This does have the potential to get out of hand even without the aid of agents provocateur.

Make sure you always have a route of egress should trouble break out and keep well away from the police as they seem to enjoy roughing up journalists along with everyone else.

I can pretty well predict what either side will have to say about the issue so I don't have any questions to ask.

I just want our crew to stay safe.
!
good luck!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Ask any legal Hispanic citizens how they feel about having these issues used as a political ploy to gain their votes and support.

Something to consider from today's news:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama's once solid support among Hispanics is showing a few cracks, a troubling sign for Democrats desperate to get this critical constituency excited about helping the party hold onto Congress this fall.

Obama's position on immigration issues, and the Arizona law in particular are completely political. He will lie to Hispanics to get their support, just like he lied to millions of Americans (all races) to get theirs.

Apparently even Hispanics are waking up to these facts now.

Ask them, if you dare!

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Ask the protestors:

1. What immigration measures do you actually support, or do you propose open borders with Mexico?

2. How do you explain the fact that Southern California, Arizona, and Texas have the highest rates of violent crime in the country.

3. How do you explain the fact that Phoenix is the US kidnapping capitol?

4. How do you explain the disproportionately high percentage of illegal immigrants currently housed in the Maricopa County jail for committing serious crimes not associated with their immigration status.

5. Do you think it's fair that illegal immigrants are provided with free health care when US residents have to pay for their healthcare.

6. Do you see the failure of illegal immigrants to pay state and federal tax as being unfair when they receive disproportionately higher payouts from those funds for welfare, heathcare, and child education?

There are others, but that'll do for a start.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yes, Please ask anyone that identifies themselves as living here illegally:

Have they completed the now existing Immigration application in an effort to become a US citizen by the means outlined by law?

(or are they waiting for Obama as they have been told and believe it is coming-soon?)

Great work. I feel a heck of a lot better knowing the event will be covered by ATS! BE SAFE!!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I want to thank everyone for participating with your questions, they were all printed out and taken with us to downtown Phoenix in anticipation of finding people in the protest groups to query.

And therein was the problem.

As of 9:30 AM, all we saw was a massive Phoenix police presence, and 50-60 protestors marching up Washington street toward the capital, where the network news people were sweltering in the heat waiting for something to happen.

We overheard several cops complaining amongst themselves of the ridiculous build-up, and the apparent discovery that the bulk of the visible protestors were from out of state.

We came to an on-the-scene decision that any coverage of this apparent non-event would be distorting what was really happening by making it appear that a real protest might be happening, which it wasn't. And any interviews we might get with the artificially angry out-of-state protest group would not result in genuine answers from local Arizonians.

What you see in the news coverage of yesterdays few-dozen people in downtown Phoenix is overt distortion of what was really happening. It's unfortunate that we didn't take a photo of the hapless small crowd of people carrying signs meandering down Washington... by that time we were drenched from the heat/sun and pretty much looking forward to breakfast. I should have known the media would sensationalize the "protest," and should have proof of such. But now, all you have is our say-so.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
So you went all the way to Phoenix to cover and report on a protest, but didn't think to take a camera with you.

You also didn't manage to ask a single question.

Are you SURE you actually went, this is a conspiracy website after all.

PS - I think the Pullitzer Prize is safe for another year

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hey SO, I was watching the propaganda tubes and as soon as I watched it I knew there was a problem. All the camera shots were way too close.

The MSM does that for one of two reasons, to either underscore the crowd size or to make it seem like it is larger than it was.

I cannot remember which propaganda channel had the one shot where it showed the two sides of the protest, there was MAYBE 300 people on both sides. Of course the government sycophants stated that the ones against the law had more people. The other person on the show asked how can you tell? The sycophants mumbled a little bit.

The one video of the jail doors being blocked, was like 7 feet away from the protesters. Totally hilarious. Their propaganda is getting worse and worse.

No, the proof is out there, I will post the video if I can find it. It is a panned out view of the corner. If there was over 300 people there, I am Napoleon.

[edit on 7/31/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
WOW, look at all these protesters!

These are the best two I can find so far-

Looks like maybe 100-150 in these videos at the most.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join