It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are Too Dumb To Decide What To Eat

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

organic dairy certification != license to sell raw milk.

of course, you know this already as I have posted the clear text of the law that forbids the sale of raw milk.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Hey OP, have you heard?

Oh you hit this the nail on the head with this one.

from this link-News of the Day: Obese children find options limited-US House of Representatives

The White House has proposed additional resources for a robust child nutrition reauthorization package that would reduce child obesity and improve the diets of children. Current proposals in the House and Senate include provisions that will raise the quality of all foods and beverages served in schools by requiring the secretary of agriculture to establish new nutrition standards that are consistent with the most recent Dietary Guidelines for Americans.

"Mission: Readiness" strongly supports these provisions and urges Congress to enact reauthorization legislation immediately.

By applying increased nutritional standards to all foods sold on school grounds, expanding access to healthier meals, and supporting schools in implementing proven programs that educate children and their families about healthy eating and exercise, we can get junk food and high-calorie beverages out of schools and out of our children's daily diets.

Over in jolly ol England are talking about passing a law to take the kids if they are overweight.

Put obese children into care, say experts

Parents who fail to help an obese child eat and exercise properly, ignoring all advice and guidance, could be guilty of neglect, British child health experts say.

I guess if you are too poor from the theft of government and are not able to feed your children a healthy diet, the state will take care of them for you.

In other news, the military has to turn away too many people to run their war machine.

U.S. Military: Obesity is a matter of national security

Campaign to end obesity.

I am trying to find the latest and greatest bills being introduced on this, having a little trouble. I know I saw on the propaganda box some congresswoman going on about a bill on this. You know the old Mantra, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN.

Now, just wondering if the Health Care bill has a bunch of this in it?

Yep, you nailed it OP, the FOOD COPS coming to a restaurant near you. Oh, also a health food store near you.

So in conclusion, YOU ARE TOO STUPID TO DECIDE, so the government will decide for you. After stealing your labor so that you cannot afford healthy foods and have to buy their preprocessed soylent green.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

"There is no 'deeply rooted' historical tradition of unfettered access to foods of all kinds," stated the document signed by U.S. Attorney Stephanie Rose, assistant Martha Fagg and Roger Gural, trial attorney for the U.S. Department of Justice.

"Plaintiffs' assertion of a 'fundamental right to their own bodily and physical health, which includes what foods they do and do not choose to consume for themselves and their families' is similarly unavailing because plaintiffs do not have a fundamental right to obtain any food they wish," the government has argued.

You are too dumb to decide what to eat.

This much is clear.

Our wise overlords will keep us safe from obesity, disease, hunger, housing problems, sickness, and militant ninjas.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
By the very definition of "I want my food to be safe and I am glad action is being taken" then it stands to reason that the ballparks that sold disgusting food that may poison someone should be raided with guns. The big pharma mfgs that sell drugs they KNOW will kill or maim, should be raided with guns. In fact, anyone that sells something that might hurt someone else should be raided with guns.

No one was killed because of raw milk last year. Vending machines, selling food related products, kills about 40 people a year. Don't be confused, not the food, the machine that sells it - falling over on folks. by definition, they should be raided with guns too.

You people seem to be ignoring the gun part. The theft part in favor of "well if is for our own good.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
By the very definition of "I want my food to be safe and I am glad action is being taken" then it stands to reason that the ballparks that sold disgusting food that may poison someone should be raided with guns. The big pharma mfgs that sell drugs they KNOW will kill or maim, should be raided with guns. In fact, anyone that sells something that might hurt someone else should be raided with guns.

No one was killed because of raw milk last year. Vending machines, selling food related products, kills about 40 people a year. Don't be confused, not the food, the machine that sells it - falling over on folks. by definition, they should be raided with guns too.

You people seem to be ignoring the gun part. The theft part in favor of "well if is for our own good.

Sir, you are obviously a cranky old man that doesn't know what is best for yourself.

I however am far wiser and smarter than you are, which is why I have been appointed by Obama to be your food Czar.

Hence forth, I have issued a new decree that mandates all harmful products are now illegal, including CO2.

You are to stop breathing immediately.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

And still you ignored my post. Not that I'm surprised. Hard to keep claiming you're right if you pay attention to the tiny little facts that prove you're either lying or woefully misinformed.

So let's see if I have this straight. The certification that comes from the producers own website that specifically says "Dairy Products" and is from California is fake. The list of stores their milk is sold in in California is fake. The phone number Janky posted to a store that sells raw milk in California is fake. The huge list of stores that lee anoma posted of stores where you can buy raw milk in California is fake. All of the links everyone else has posted in this thread that prove you can buy raw milk in California are lies. Everybody is wrong, except you. Right?

Seriously, am I the only one seeing this pattern here?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
I take it back, I'm not out of the thread yet.

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
This is you're slant? Protect the children at the cost of a little liberty?

Where exactly did I say that? You said if someone gets ill, that's their choice. I was pointing out that when a parent buys raw milk, their child isn't choosing to get sick if they drink it since they lack the ability to decide whether or not that milk is purchased. As for losing liberty over it, I've never drank raw milk a day in my life and oddly enough I have just as much liberty as the rest of you. Go figure.

You ready to back that up and support gestapo kicking in the doors of those who let their kids lick the raw batter out of the baking pan?

Because that's obviously the next logical step, right? Wrong.

You may like a 1984 style life, but I won't have it and neither will other people who care about complete freedom.

Yes, because requiring bottlers of raw milk to pass checks on bacteria levels means that we're living in 1984. Do you even realize how ridiculous that sounds?

You know, a simple warning label would do the trick, you know, instead of armed regulation.

So you'd rather have a warning label and no regulations at all? Yeah, that sounds really healthy.

Originally posted by mnemeth1
Small children don't decide to do anything on their own.

Thus, your argument is ridiculous times ten.

Good job, you missed my point.

You remind me of my brother. Good at talking, not so much at listening.

Ah, there is that old "I haven't lost any liberty" line. Its a bit like saying, hey, the government is moving us from many acres of land into a small house, but I can still move around like I used to"... Its all so necessary and innocuous in such a way that, alone, it doesn't seem constraining, that is until you look at the whole picture and where its headed. You assume you're government has you're best interest in mind and uses logic to tell you what you can and cannot do(as if that makes it OK), that is until whole industries are torn apart (hemp) and whole foods are illegal...

"Currently the mangosteen fruit is not USDA approved for importation in its fresh form so it's illegal to sell or buy"

Its OK though, I can buy the watered down juice for $25 dollars a bottle and get some of the anti-oxidants...

So, to sum up you're position and to make it clear for everyone reading...
You pretty much expound giving up some unused, useless freedom for "healthier" choices, one reason being that kids can't decide...or would you say that in a nicer, more obfuscated way?

Truth be told, we could be swimming in raw milk, but the state of affairs would not look much better.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You pretty much expound giving up some unused, useless freedom for "healthier" choices, one reason being that kids can't decide...or would you say that in a nicer, more obfuscated way?

You seem to have missed most of the thread, including the many many posts where it's been proven that you can indeed buy raw milk in California. Nice attempt at twisting what I actually said into something else though.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

You seem to have missed most of the thread, including the many many posts where it's been proven that you can indeed buy raw milk in California. Nice attempt at twisting what I actually said into something else though.

Well, if arguing about raw milk was the whole point of the thread, then I must be slow.

www.time.com...

It looks like a ongoing fight, NOT a victory for raw milk as you would have us believe.

case and point...this website

www.farmtoconsumer.org...

farmer to consumer legal defense fund, what? The fact that people had to kick and scream AT ALL for ANY raw milk is absurd.

Also from realmilk.com

"RAW MILK PRODUCERS PLEASE NOTE: The FDA and State Agencies have discovered this list and sometimes use it for their own purposes, so exercise caution with your listing. If you choose not to have a listing, make sure your local WAPF Chapter Leader has your name for referrals."

wow, you would think its a drug? Here is another great point buttressing link

www.farmtoconsumer.org...

Enjoy.

by the way, you may say I twisted what you said, but it is absolutely what was implied. Maybe you worded the whole "I haven't lost any liberty and kids can't decide e.c.t" the wrong way?

[edit on 31-7-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Well, if arguing about raw milk was the whole point of the thread, then I must be slow.

Long story short, the OP's argument fell apart when I pointed out on the first page that the store was shut down for not having a health permit not because of raw milk. Then they and others claimed you can't buy raw milk in California which was again proven false. And I honestly have no clue what exactly it is you're arguing.

You can buy raw milk in California. The people of California haven't lost any liberty and neither have I. And no, children don't decide whether they buy raw milk or not. What is so hard about that to understand?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Long story short, the OP's argument fell apart when I pointed out on the first page that the store was shut down for not having a health permit not because of raw milk. Then they and others claimed you can't buy raw milk in California which was again proven false. And I honestly have no clue what exactly it is you're arguing.

You can buy raw milk in California. The people of California haven't lost any liberty and neither have I. And no, children don't decide whether they buy raw milk or not. What is so hard about that to understand?

I was being facetious... In my opinion, this thread was ALL about liberty and the trampling of it. You claim there has been no loss, but you completely ignore the fight that has and is being fought.

"We believe we are breaking new ground in this case," Gary Cox, the fund's general counsel, told WND earlier. "Yet in a way, we are really asking the court to expressly recognize what our Founding Fathers implied in the Declaration of Independence and in the Constitution."

"There are just so many rules and regulations, and [they are] so overbroad," Kennedy told WND. "The bureaucracy claims they cover these private contractual arrangements. We need some court rulings."

www.wnd.com...

Please don't act like this is isolated a case of bureaucracy gone bad, this has been the story of our government for the past 100 years, but no one issue is big enough to piss us off to the point where we shoot the offenders. It should of been hemp prohibition. Now, over 80 years later, people are FIGHTING to freely sell raw milk and must pay legal fees to exercise their "limited liberty" (that they haven't lost according to you) to tell the government to go shove it.

"One plaintiff in that case is Georgia resident Eric Wagoner, who was ordered by an FDA employee in a confrontation just months ago to dump out milk obtained in South Carolina and brought to him in Georgia.

More than 100 gallons of milk soaked into the Georgia dirt: "

disgusting control...

You have argued for strict(guns drawn) regulation, licenses and permits as being completely necessary for me, you and everyone else, spitting on the foundation of this country because "kids can't decide" or some other seemingly innocuous reason.

Liberty is the point of this thread and its sad to see so many oblivious to the principals this country stands, or should I say, used to stand on.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Fine. You win.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I think that the point of this forum is not to argue if raw milk is bad for you, it is wether the goverment has the right to tell us we can't buy or sell it, and weather they should have that say in what is avalible for our consumtion.

wbye

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Worldbehindyoureyes
I think that the point of this forum is not to argue if raw milk is bad for you, it is wether the goverment has the right to tell us we can't buy or sell it, and weather they should have that say in what is avalible for our consumtion.

wbye

The government decides what rights it has.

You have no say in the matter.

If the government decides it has the right to ban you from drinking, buying, or selling raw milk, then by golly, you have no right to buy, drink, or sell raw milk.

You have to wait 4 years to elect a new representative to change law, assuming you can convince 51% of the people that your cause is just.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
people have been drinking raw milk since the begining of time so whats the big deal, I'd venture to say it might be the safest bet, there was a news story last yr about 2 reporters who were fired from cnn over a story they were covering on pasterized milk causing cancer I guess the powers that be didn't want that story getting out, as for me Im very suspicious of the government I don't think they want us healthy look at all the crap they put in food and GMO forget it, I don't drink milk but if I did it would probably be raw since it would have all the vitamins that nature intended, I think we should all be skeptical of what food and drug adminastration says and why their so adament about it seriously don't believe everything they say.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

A voice of reason in a sea of ignorance. You'll never convince people sucking on the withered tit of big government that they are sucking poison in spite of what the owner of said tit says. I can eat HUNDREDS of food-related-products with zero nutritional value and the government will even mandate it to be in schools and institutions receiving gov. funds. If I want to eat my own crap I've got to show them, with a gazillion dollar study, it's okay because it came from me - even then the withered tit owners gets to say no by simply shooting me in the face.

I have yet to understand why the guns were needed. I shop at said store, guns were to show all you people across the country what is going to happen to you.... It is simple "shock and awe" on the small scale for the locals.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Rawsome has been raided once again for selling raw milk. What I find intolerable is that turkey with salmonella is floating around that has killed 1 and sickened 70 others, yet they refuse to name names, so consumers can protect themselves

Rawsome Raid

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join