It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are Too Dumb To Decide What To Eat

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusions
I don't drink milk, BUT

An ARMED INVASION...
of the natural food store???

Please think people...
even if you are anti raw milk,
an ARMED INVASION????????

Well, you bring up a pretty valid point, although I think I know why they were armed and ready.

This may have been in a bad part of town, and the police tend to take every precaution when 'raiding' a location for anything. There is always the chance that the owner won't exactly be happy with the police taking away his only source of income, and might attempt to resist.

However, I agree that having guns drawn was overkill. I am just saying the police probably did it as a precaution.

The place was shut down for legitimate reasons. Forget the raw milk, the store didn't even have the most basic health licensing required. There is a reason those regulations are in place, and that is so people don't get sick or worse. Regardless of how you feel about the law, if you decide to break it you should expect the consequences.

I was running a restaurant a while back, and I would have loved to sell beer during my first week of business, but until I got my license I only served food and soda. I don't think I would have gotten arrested or shut down, but the risk certainly wasn't worth it.

That's how society works, take it or leave it.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
A new law has been proposed to make it illegal to sell whole milk to children in the great safe state of CA.

AB 2084

SUMMARY : Creates minimum standards for beverages that are
served in licensed child day care facilities. Specifically,
this bill :

1)Requires licensed child day care facilities to:

a) Serve only one percent milk to children ages two or
older;

b) Limit juice to not more than one serving per day of 100%
juice;

c) Serve no beverages with added sweeteners, either natural
or artificial; and

d) Make clean and safe dinking water readily available and
accessible for consumption throughout the day, particularly
with meals and snacks.

Thank god the State is there to keep our children safe from the horrors of whole milk and sweetened beverages.

Praise Mao, for you are too dumb to monitor what your child consumes.

We need a law like this for adults.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

That is probably the dumbest post EVER on ATS...

Do you know cars are banned when you don't have a license or permit?

You have just proven you are not capable of logical thought.

Ban parents and children? If you think you're funny, you might get kick out of this;

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Unst0ppable0ne]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Just out of curiosity, are you prone to theatrics?

Regardless of your thoughts on raw milk, the fact remains that they were shut down for not getting a health permit. Any business that sells food has to have a health permit. As much as you may hate it, not every law and regulation is bad. It's literally for the good of everyone that businesses selling food apply for and receive health permits. Otherwise we'd all get sick no matter where we bought food.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unst0ppable0ne
Once upon a time people were able to sell raw milk, no mater how dirty it was.
The one odd day, a mother buys raw milk from a farmer, and feeds it to her child. The child gets sick from the bacteria, and later dies.
The mother screams at the farmer, "How could you sell me dirty milk! You killed my child!". Some time after that, a law was passed to prevent the death of children and elderly caused by untested dirty raw milk.
More time after that, ATS members insisted that people be allowed to buy and sell untested dirty raw milk while completly ignoring the possiblity of death of unsuspecting children and elderly.
The End.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

That is a really nice story.

Can you show us proof of when this actually happened?

I am serious by the way.

I am curious to know when the government began
being involved in everything that we eat.

The Food & Drug Administration was formed in 1906, here's the section about their history on Wikipedia:
History Of The FDA

Back in journalism school we all had to read "The Jungle," and I would suggest it to anyone whom is interested in what the regulation of food was like in the United States before the FDA. In fact this book is one of the main reasons the administration was created, but I will warn you, it's not for the faint of heart or stomach.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

I guess I'm too dumb not to shop at a dirty store.

Typically what happens is: I walk in, the place looks like crap, I walk out.

I don't need armed militant police enforcing arbitrary health codes to tell me some place is a rat hole.

Of course, if the place really was a rat hole, they wouldn't have any customers.

I know its shocking to think that people are capable of telling when a place is a scum pit on their own without State help in this matter, but its true, people can actually see dirt for themselves..

[edit on 26-7-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to [url= by Unst0ppable0ne[/url]

We should ban cars because they cause more deaths of children than any other entity on this planet.
We should also ban parents, since they are typically the ones driving the cars.
While we are at it, we should also ban children.
Less children would die if they were banned.
Think of the children.

Good post. Your debaters think you are referring to raw milk. It is the principle. Before long, there will be a law to prevent eating because a child died....nevermind, a lawmaker has to eat.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Are you prone to demanding State bureaucrats tell you what you can and can not consume?

Just curious.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Forgot the last two:

c) Serve no beverages with added sweeteners, either natural or artificial; and

d) Make clean and safe dinking water readily available and accessible for consumption throughout the day, particularly with meals and snacks.

Oh the horror of providing healthy drinks to the children when in daycare, horror.

*Shudders

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

SUMMARY : Creates minimum standards for beverages that are
served in licensed child day care facilities. Specifically,
this bill :

Yeah. I think its a good idea to make it mandatory to have day care facilities to follow basic health and safety advice when handling other people's young children.

I don't really see this as encroaching on other people's freedoms, unless you believe caretakers should be free to make other people's children sick and unhealthy.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EinsteinLight

Bravo...

We "debators" so needed the obvious pointed out to us.

Well done. What would we do if there were no one to tell us how to think and interpret?

*Shudders, again

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Are you prone to demanding State bureaucrats tell you what you can and can not consume?

To a certain point, yes.

If I happen to eat something that causes an outbreak that could have been prevented if I would have listened to the laws that were put there for a reason in the first place...

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Whyhi]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Forgot the last two:

c) Serve no beverages with added sweeteners, either natural or artificial; and

d) Make clean and safe dinking water readily available and accessible for consumption throughout the day, particularly with meals and snacks.

Oh the horror of providing healthy drinks to the children when in daycare, horror.

*Shudders

There's nothing wrong with a daycare feeding kids 1% milk.

There is everything wrong with armed police thugs conducting a militant raid on a daycare center for serving whole milk.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Unst0ppable0ne

I know that you were not speaking to me BUT,

Can you step outside of the box and see how odd
it is that the government tells you if you can drive?

I'm certain that most of us feel that WE could drive
without the government allowing us to,

BUT, it is all those other folks who need the government
to regulate them for our safety. Hmmmmm...

Have you noticed that the government allows you
to do things once you pay them the proper fee?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

That is a really nice story.

Can you show us proof of when this actually happened?

I am serious by the way.

I am curious to know when the government began
being involved in everything that we eat.

www.realrawmilkfacts.com...

Is raw milk safer today than it was in the 1930s when milk pasteurization became common?

The risks from raw milk in the United States are different today than they were before the 1930’s when raw milk caused 25% of all food and waterborne outbreaks, which resulted in many infant deaths.

I suggest reading this entire link about decreasing infant deaths.

www.cdc.gov...

In 1900 in some U.S. cities, up to 30% of infants died before reaching their first birthday (1). Efforts to reduce infant mortality focused on improving environmental and living conditions in urban areas (1). Urban environmental interventions (e.g., sewage and refuse disposal and safe drinking water) played key roles in reducing infant mortality. Rising standards of living, including improvements in economic and education levels of families, helped to promote health. Declining fertility rates also contributed to reductions in infant mortality through longer spacing of children, smaller family size, and better nutritional status of mothers and infants (1). Milk pasteurization, first adopted in Chicago in 1908, contributed to the control of milkborne diseases (e.g., gastrointestinal infections) from contaminated milk supplies.

Since I am doing your research for you, do you wan't me to think for you too?

All of you that are supporting the sale of untested raw milk are also supporting the increase of death of mothers and infants from milk borne diseases and infections. That is just sick....

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by EinsteinLight

Bravo...
We "debators" so needed the obvious pointed out to us.
Well done. What would we do if there were no one to tell us how to think and interpret?
*Shudders, again

YET.

You seem to need the government
to point out the obvious to you.

Interesting...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Absolutely agree with you here. Frankly, I don't understand the point of not serving Whole Milk, not debating that at all. Just making a point that regulating/licensing daycare centers is and should be something that a state overlooks.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by illusions

Hmmmm...

Where did you get that idea?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by illusions

Without the government, people would be forced to face the dangers of raw milk on their own.

Its not like they couldn't sue someone for selling them a dangerous product in a civil trial.

Of course, in a civil trial they would would have to prove the milk was actually harmful in some way.

Since its not, they wouldn't win, and since they wouldn't win, the mega-dairy producers would continue to face stiff competition from small dairy farms selling direct to local stores.

This would be a tragedy.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

You seem to need the government
to point out the obvious to you.

Interesting...

You just needed me to point out that controlling the milk supplies reduces infant deaths.... it seems YOU DO need someone (such as the government) to do the thinking for you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join