It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are Too Dumb To Decide What To Eat

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
reply to post by mnemeth1

It's illegal for health safety reasons. I don't see the fuss about it being illegal.

But I can foresee many of horrible links to naturalnews.com in the future to support your stance.

There's a faction that wants us to go back to the habits we had in the dark ages. No vaccines, no antibiotics, no sterilization, no refrigeration, no bathing, etc. We should eschew all science because it's bogus and pernicious mind control. Roll in the mud like a survivalist. Kill us all with freedom.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
If you take a look at what people eat every day...the title is just the whole truth.

"You Are Too Dumb To Decide What To Eat" - YES!

Or do you think 10 liters coke a week, and energy drinks and 20 burgers, 400 pound+ people is healthy? Just my 2 cents....

[edit on 27-7-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
And there's another faction so arrogant that todays politics based science could never be wrong, that they refuse to conceive that all the things we try to replace nature with wind up making it worse. Things like genetic modification, artificial sweetener, chemical additives, toxic medicines, radiation, they believe are necessary to make a healthy human. And oh, the sudden massive increase in add, autism, cancer, diabetes, that's all just due to bad reporting and record keeping through all the rest of human history

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Unfortunately,many of us are forced to pay for the mistakes of the few,who are too dumb not to know that they shouldn't put certain things in their mouths.

I always loved visiting my grandparent's dairy farm when I was a kid,raw milk and fresh everything harvested from the land we were walking upon.

The real reason people get sick from eating anything,aside from spoilage and contaminants,is because the food they are eating was harvested in a far away place,the molds and microbes that occur naturally on and in the food are not tolerated well by the immune system,which is accustomed to dealing with the little things in the immediate environment where one lives.

All hale globalism,making us sicker by the minute, physically ,financially,and psychologically.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I like how so many blame what one eats for their maladies,like it's the only thing making them unhealthy.

One can eat anything one wants within reason,but the real problem with obesity isn't what you eat,so much as whether you burn it up afterward.

Most people I know,unless they are quite young,are not as healthy as they believe themselves to be,a lot of young people I know are quite peakid also....

It might look like they maintain the equipment,but maintenance amounts to detailing to make a sale,not fixing any of the real issues that need to be addressed.

Anyway.....

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I take it back, I'm not out of the thread yet.

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
This is you're slant? Protect the children at the cost of a little liberty?

Where exactly did I say that? You said if someone gets ill, that's their choice. I was pointing out that when a parent buys raw milk, their child isn't choosing to get sick if they drink it since they lack the ability to decide whether or not that milk is purchased. As for losing liberty over it, I've never drank raw milk a day in my life and oddly enough I have just as much liberty as the rest of you. Go figure.

You ready to back that up and support gestapo kicking in the doors of those who let their kids lick the raw batter out of the baking pan?

Because that's obviously the next logical step, right? Wrong.

You may like a 1984 style life, but I won't have it and neither will other people who care about complete freedom.

Yes, because requiring bottlers of raw milk to pass checks on bacteria levels means that we're living in 1984. Do you even realize how ridiculous that sounds?

You know, a simple warning label would do the trick, you know, instead of armed regulation.

So you'd rather have a warning label and no regulations at all? Yeah, that sounds really healthy.

Originally posted by mnemeth1
Small children don't decide to do anything on their own.

Thus, your argument is ridiculous times ten.

Good job, you missed my point.

You remind me of my brother. Good at talking, not so much at listening.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
Sorry but you don't need daddy government to legislate what's good and bad because if it's bad they can be held accountable via civil law AND if it's bad, nobody will buy it anyways!

You must have missed that part where I was told that laws aren't what let people sue if they get injured.

But obviously some of you folks can't think or protect yourselves so why don't you pack up and move somewhere that is less free and requires less personal responsibility to have that freedom?

You also missed the article I see and failed to realize that this big milk debate was a way for the OP and supporters to avoid recognizing that the store broke a law and were shut down for it.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Oh my. Slavery at its best. USA is a big concentration camp. Where is the furnace? Oh, I forgot - USA is one of the "developed" countries still practicing death penalty. What a joke USA is - fighting wars for their owners and eating what they are told to eat by their masters, kicked out of houses by their owners - a Nice Farm to live in.

I think USA is an experiment on how much you can dumb down a human being/society and get away with it

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
No one in California can get certified for raw milk? Yeah, right.

Here's the certification that Organic Pastures has. And here are the stores in California where you can find it. (And that's just from one zip code, imagine how many other stores there are if you checked all the zip codes.)

Now, would the OP and his supporters like to retract their claims that no one can get certified in California to sell raw milk? No? Didn't think so.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Guys, its not a free country. Nobodys surprised at this. Doctors are not allowed to prescribe natural treatments, even if they know it works. Producers of healthy foods, herbs, vitamins, are not allowed to sell any product while letting you know what it treats. If a popular fruit (as happened with tart cherries) is found to have therapeutic action then the fda storms in, destroys the crop, and forces the farmer to file a new drug registry request which will never get approved, and destroys his business. You are not allowed to compete with big business in this monopolistic oligarchy.

Thats why several years ago if you recall, they banned ephedra, the natural herb, over the 10 people it "may have harmed, but not ephedrine, its synthetic equivalent.

Where is the "high level of danger" they are saving us from, when walking on a side walk kills as many people, and tylenol kills thousands of times as many. Seems they are quite selective in what they choose to enforce. Then, when a drug like the viox or Avandia, is responsible for tens of thousands of deaths, and they knew it would be but covered it up.....do they charge in with guns drawn, and confiscate? No. Fancy that.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

At gun point:

Video of the violence here.

You are an ignorant slave that is too dumb to care for yourself.

The slave masters have decided that eating whole milk may endanger your future prospects of providing them tax dollars.

You are not allowed to make any decision that may endanger the value of your future labor to the State.

The State needs healthy vibrant workers to provide for it.

edit:

No, you can not get a license to sell raw milk in CA. Thus, the argument that they didn't get a license as being a reason for the raid is bogus. The State has decided you are too dumb to drink raw milk and will violently attack anyone that attempts to sell it.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by mnemeth1]

Did you even read the article?

It clearly states that the store did not have the proper permits to sell raw milk. Also the suppliers processing plant didnt even meet the standards needed to obtain a license.

Oh i know what you're going to say! You cant get a license because it's illegal to sell raw milk in CA?

Even the article you used states that its legal to sell raw milk in CA with the correct permit. The only thing you're doing is twisting the article and blending it with your own lies to suit your cause.

LA Times
It is legal for licensed dairies to sell raw milk at retail outlets in California and 10 other states, according to research by the National Conference of State Legislatures.

And what is this "violence" im supposed to see in the video? The police had a legal search warrant.
Did anyone get hurt because they had their weapons drawn? No.
Is it normal to take precautions when doing a search? Yes.

I didnt know disinformation was allowed here.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

And if someone wants to put a little coc aine in the coca cola who is to stop them either? Maybe cardboard in the milkshakes? Poisons in the baby formula?

My mothers infant sister died from drinking unpasteurized milk.

What have you got against saving a life or two?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

There's a faction that wants us to go back to the habits we had in the dark ages. No vaccines, no antibiotics, no sterilization, no refrigeration, no bathing, etc. We should eschew all science because it's bogus and pernicious mind control. Roll in the mud like a survivalist. Kill us all with freedom.

Where are they? I would like to join them.

I would drink unpasteurized milk - but I would have to know the bottler and the cow. I would NEVER trust what is in the supermarkets now.... unless it was a reputable brand, sold from a store that "specializes" in whole foods, and it should also have a warning label.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Where are they? I would like to join them.

In the swamp, covered in moss, waiting for someone to ask them three questions, depending on which, the inquirer may either be eaten alive or allowed to pass on toward the cave of secrets to speak to the lichen king.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

"Nothing to do with choosing what you can eat, or with Obama. They refuse to get a health permit and they got shut down, not that they apparently care about laws since they opened back up a few days later."

While that is an astute observation, you fail to grasp the ramification of the fact that if they had the license to sell food, they still would not get permission to sell something to you that is likely more healthy than the crap being sold as food in the ''real stores''. This food, would be found somewhat questionable to the 'scientist' who attempt to work for two masters, their government jobs and their side jobs with future rewards.

If we consider the statement Jesus gave us about how to determine the intent of someone toward you was to simply "judge them by their deeds". The deeds appear to prove TBTB are up to something sinister, period.

Sherlock Holmes tells Watson that whenever the obvious answers are eliminated, whatever is left has to be the truth.

I have found that to be sound logic.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Really?
I have lived among savages...they are more than likely making babies.

Edit to Enlightenup (love your name!):
You needn't re-post the whole quote when the thread is on the same page. Waste of space. We may not know what to eat, but most of us can read.
Start saving the little things and the big things will take care of themselves.

You'll catch on, I think you have the basics.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Really?
I have lived among savages...they are more than likely making babies.

I imagine they're going to need as many as they can make.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Yeah, and perhaps the stone agers will win out in the end but I think it is obvious that we may get a civilization downgrade of immense proportion that might make us wish we at least had the skills of the hunter/gatherer/farmers of yesteryears gone long ago. These people might be loons but I like the concept of going natural. It makes sound logic if you follow the techniques succesfully used 200 years ago with today's sanitary soaps so that workers do not contaminate the food. I started out at the health dept in one of my first jobs and the food inspector was certain that improper handling by improperly trained employees was the number one problem. Most people as individuals take care of our food, but the crap put in it by the corporate world is suspect at this point in history.

So, I am on the fence about condemning any who would try to get away from the obvious mistakes being made by going overboard in the other direction.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I cant believe raw milk is a controlled substance the same as opium and '___'

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Justoneman

As usual, it's about balance, or synthesis. Take the best of each and put all the knowledge gained, old and new to use. The fallacy is that some sort of tradeoff between hygeine and not consuming crap, choosing one or another in a false dichotomy, needs to be made.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join