It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

''Something bright and active about to turn toward Earth''

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hello ATS, this is my first thread so please be easy on me. I found this little article on spaceweather.com

''Something bright and active on the far side of the sun is about to turn toward Earth. Magnetic loops towering over the eastern limb herald its approach''

Very interesting read, this may explains the extremely bright moon we had last night as well!

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
You saw that moon too! I thought I was the only who thought it extremely bright.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I saw the moon on the last cycle as being unusually white and bright too. I've also noticed that the sun as it approaches the horizon in the evening takes longer to go orange than it used to, the same is true in the morning when rising.

It's just some things I noticed about the heavens. I don't know what it's about. The appearance of colors to me indoors and such hasn't changed.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This could be very interesting.
I see they think it could be either a sun-spot or two sunspots.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
In order for the light from this thing to affect the moon the moon would have to be in the shadow of it and its not. I thought this would be an interesting thread too. How disappointing. Thanks for the article though.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
what is with this bright moon?
i saw it and thought the exact same.
there is another thread about it some where here

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Thanks for taking the time to read my post guys. Another interesting read I've found was this thread by ddarkangle2bad. This should put a whole new flip on this concept.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I read that other thread, too, about the moon being brighter. I just assumed it was because we finally had some relief from the extreme humidity after a rain, which had been building up with an overcast sky.

Oh, well.

I wonder if the "kill shot", predicted years ago by Ed Dames was finally coming to fruition and, oh.......that is just scarey.......a kill shot, and also Ed Dames maybe being correct.Yikes!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/216978712ad1.jpg[/atsimg]

Wow, great catch OP. I think me might see some C Flares from this one. The sun is waking up - its been very active lately.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I noticed a full bright moon last night in the east, And this morning it was full and bright in the west. Not very often seen or noticed before
Regards, robbo

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUpI've also noticed that the sun as it approaches the horizon in the evening takes longer to go orange than it used to, the same is true in the morning when rising.

The orange colour of the sun at sunrise and sunset is purely an effect caused by the increased amount of the Earth's atmosphere the sunlight passes through at low angles coupled with dust and other particulate matter in the air scattering more of the blue green and violet light in sunlight.

It has nothing to do with what the sun itself is doing.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Here's that "something". A couple of sunspots.
From STEREO B.

[edit on 7/26/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
The orange colour of the sun at sunrise and sunset is purely an effect caused by the increased amount of the Earth's atmosphere the sunlight passes through at low angles coupled with dust and other particulate matter in the air scattering more of the blue green and violet light in sunlight.

It has nothing to do with what the sun itself is doing.

Correct, so long as the sun is a constant, but I noted an apparent change of late. Are dust, particulates and pollutents at a lower level than usual lately? It could affect the appearance of the moon as well I'd imagine. The near-horizon color diminished orange also appears with the moon rising/setting.

new topics

top topics

join