It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 fantasy ticket.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Of course the public will as usual get the same ole crap to vote for in 2012. Unless Romney gets the nod. Sorry, I think HE'S the savior for America. That makes too much sense though so it won't happen.

So this is the premise. Who's on your ticket, THE ONE YOU WANT. RP has been there, done that and he hasn't got a shot. He's sidelined by the PTB. What we need is people with balls, chutzpa. Candidates that will grab Washington buy the nuts.

I propose Ventura/Nugent for 2012. It's constitutionally sound and they don't take crap. Got a better tandem? Let us know.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Another Cdn who pays close attention to the US. It's scary down there sometimes, especially how long their elections go on for. Ours, we miss them if we blink
Short, to the point, paper ballots that leave a nice trail.....

I like your scenario much better than the idea of who could get in down there.
Tina Fey for pres anyone?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Aww man, I don't want to start thinking about that now!

We should though, you can bet both sides are gearing up!
Fantasy huh? Hmmm..I would like to see Gavin Newsom and Robert Kennedy Jr in the mix. I like Elizabeth Warren too, head of Consumer Financial Bureau. She makes good financial sense and is for the people, imo.
Admittedly, I have lost most faith in actually getting what is best for us from Washington. Even those with good intentions have to play the game when so much money is involved. Fair elections? I am uncertain there is such a thing anymore. I think that is why the more sensible, middle ground people never quite make it., as in R. Paul, Jesse Ventura, Ralph Nader or even Ross Perot.

Just please, no Palin!

spec

[edit on 26-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Kinky Friedman / Jesse Ventura. I don't like nugent. He's just another guy that wants to blow up stuff. And he made really bad music.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I will vote for anyone who can't keep a straight face when telling lies to get votes.

Nothing like an honest liar.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Alan Keyes/Jan Brewer

Keyes gets the black/minority vote as well as the Ron Paulers.

Brewer gets the females and conservatives as well as the Palenites.

game over.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
GetReadyAlready and SkepticOverlord!

We promise to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!!

Unless of course we get there and the money and prostitutes are so good that we can't resist, and we wake up covered in scandal and smelling like sex, with dead midgets littering the room, and our newly self-appointed Chief of Staff fully dressed, clipboard in hand, corporate agenda in his back pocket, shaking his head and offering to save our arses.

In that case, we will quickly stop talking about change, and start talking about party politics and how the corporations need to be protected!!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm going to have to go with...

Alex Jones
&
Will Smith

There's a dream ticket, imagine what could be accomplished.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
reply to post by getreadyalready

snip

Yes, but I am quite the opposite in all categories, so the ticket works!!

You don't think there are enough ATSers to elect us?

[edit on 26-7-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Let me explain. Jesse takes care of the constitutional stuff and let Ted do the internal crap. Like securing the border. It would be like electing Reagan. The Iranians backed down the same day. Put Ted in charge of the border? No more problem. He wouldn't even have to do anything. He'd give them Wango Tango. No more illegal aliens.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

wow, someone took offense...
back on topic, i think there is enough ATS'ers to start a viral movement.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
wow, someone took offense...
back on topic, i think there is enough ATS'ers to start a viral movement.

You wouldn't take offense if someone slandered you? Why do you think this would be different?

No, I don't think ATS has the clout to influence 100 million voters. I hope we can make a difference though. It's a start.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Mitt Romney on top so we can have an experienced and intelligent guy. Huckabee on the bottom to propose extreme legislation and let Romney reign him back in.

Chief of Staff = Jesse Ventura, he can bully far more effectively than Rom Emanuel.

Otherwise, I go with Memarf1 on top, GetReadyAlready on bottom and Skeptic Overlord as the top advisor/Chief of Staff.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by memarf1
Mitt Romney on top so we can have an experienced and intelligent guy. Huckabee on the bottom to propose extreme legislation and let Romney reign him back in.

Chief of Staff = Jesse Ventura, he can bully far more effectively than Rom Emanuel.

Otherwise, I go with Memarf1 on top, GetReadyAlready on bottom and Skeptic Overlord as the top advisor/Chief of Staff

See, now the Memarf/GRA ticket is a perfect ticket, but I don't think I'd be a good VP. Maybe Chief of Staff or Secretary of State would work?

Still the Memarf/GRA ticket has Economics, Science, Liberal Views tempered by very Conservative views, and above all strength and Patriotism on all sides.

Unlike the current administration, I have been proud of my country for ever, not just recently or "for the first time."

I don't know if there are enough interns and Legal Aides in the world for all of my skeletons though? Maybe if I set out by campaigning on my skeletons as part of my platform? Campaign with all of my previous mistakes as my biggest selling point? My bankruptcies, failed business plans, arrests, and affairs make me colorful and down to earth don't they? Throw in a good hearty midwestern brawl and some hard-drinking, and then a turn around later to become a family man and State Employee. No major damage on my criminal record, and bankruptcies shouldn't matter when the whole current cabinet evaded taxes. Maybe I can make it work afterall? Consider my 10 gallon hat, and my doorag thrown into the ring!!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Maybe with all your skeletons and my lack of experience we should wait until 2016. haha. If not... Oh Krap, I'm not 35, we have to put you on top and me on bottom for 2012! Thats fine though, lets get ATS behind us and get some folks fundraising to pay to get into the election and fill out all the corresponding paperwork for the 50 states.

Just come out about all skeletons, be the honest candidates with moderate/conservative views, and run on the everyman's platform. No prewritten stumps, just speak from the heart and be honest. The Country Needs Us!

[edit on 26-7-2010 by memarf1]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
My dream ticket I think would be Gary Johnson/Ron Paul.
Gary Johnson is the former 2-term Republican Governor of New Mexico. He's a Ron Paul-type of Republican with a strong Libertarian bent. Johnson had an excellent record as Governor, cutting taxes, vetoing spending bills, and leaving New Mexico with a balanced budget.

I would favor Gary Johnson at the head of the ticket because he is young, athletic, and would probably appeal more to younger voters, or to those that might think Ron Paul is too old for the job. But Paul would still be there as VP, to offer his advice and his expertise in monetary matters.

There is a movement on to get Johnson to run, and he has expressed an interest in doing so. Here are a couple of links for more info:
www.johnsonforamerica.com...
www.garyjohnson2012.com...

top topics

join