It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army tries to stop filming of Jesse Ventura show

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
On Friday, July 23th 2010, Jesse Ventura claimed in an interview on the Alex Jones show that the military has been attempting to prevent him from filming at the JFK Eternal Flame. Ventura's show, "Conspiracy theories" on Tru T.V. is currently in the process of filming it's 2nd season.

Ventura claims he was filming an episode on the assassination of JFK when he was contacted by the U.S. army chief of public affairs. The U.S. army chief of public affairs told Ventura he was denied access to film in Arlington National Cemetery because of the nature of his television program, claiming it was inappropriate.

Full Article/Video
welcometoafreeworld.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

I only ever heard of two episodes from that show? It is still around? I thought it was cancelled?

The show was a huge disappointment. Even the HAARP episode only barely touched the fringe of the discussion, and did not have all the important facts and data that are available on ATS!

If the Jesse Ventura show had read up on HAARP only on ATS, and followed only the most credible sources and links, it would have been 1000% better show than interviewing some old Alaskan farm neighbor?

The Alex Jones show is not helping his cause either!

What is it with Ron Paul and Jesse Ventura? They have terrific ideas, terrific support, and then they undermine themselves? Is it their intention to never be taken seriously? Stay on the fringe and lob intelligent potshots at TPTB and then slink back to the fringe again? Why not go full-steam ahead? Why not attack and keep attacking without the likes of Alex Jones and some BS "ReLoveUtion" bumper sticker?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

it was the highest rated show on the network it was aired on

"I only ever heard of two episodes from that show? It is still around? I thought it was cancelled? "

gee, the people you are putting down are a lot more accurate then you are.

well no such thing as bad publicity keep up the good work.

SandF DC

Jesse the X governor, Navy Seal and sports entertainment and movie star is a lot more real then any of his detractors. what have they ever done?

For the army to forbid stand up filming is a sign that the police state is official.
I guess if the oath to uphold the consitution means nothing to these clowns the life of the citizen that pays their way means nothing as well.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Really? I was excited about the show, and I am a fan of Jesse, but the first show left me extremely disappointed. I only watched part of the second show, and then it ceased to be on my cable? I assumed it was cancelled, I think I even saw something on ATS about the cancellation?

As far as filming at Arlington, I am glad that the Army is very particular about that ground. It shouldn't be exploited for television. Surely there are plenty of existing videos and pictures of it to use. I don't want Jesse's show punished because of the content, but I also don't want just anybody being able to walk up and video what might be the most hallowed ground in the US. Arlington and Gettysburg get my top two votes!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
What is it with Ron Paul and Jesse Ventura? They have terrific ideas, terrific support, and then they undermine themselves?

You might want to add Steven Greer to that list. Sure make you wonder, doesn't it?

The JFK episode would be very interesting as Ventura is a proponent of Dick Russell and his book "The Man Who Knew Too Much". As far as I'm concerned, it is the definitive study of JFK's assassination and is a fascinating (and chilling) read.

Russell, a freelance journalist who has written for Time and the Village Voice, has spent 17 years on this mammoth study of one of the most mysterious figures on the fringes of the assassination: Richard. Case Nagell, described as the man "hired to kill Oswald and prevent the assassination of JFK." With painstaking care, Russell sets out to reconstruct the strange life of Nagell, a former member of a super-secret army intelligence unit who was wounded in battle, the sole survivor of two air crashes, a contract agent for both the CIA and the KGB at different times, and a man whose life kept intersecting with Oswald's. www.dickrussell.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

The people at Arlington died defending the freedom Jesse Ventura is being denied.
As he explained during his interview with Jones, their reason was completely bogus.

So to say "exploit" is completely disingenuous IMHO.

He ain't doing this for the fame or the money, he has plenty of both.
Jesse is exposing what he can because he is a patriotic ex soldier and politician who has spent years serving his country...to belittle his contribution without having done better...well, who would take that seriously?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I just saw a few shows but I think Jesse did well with what he had. Yes, he could have done better, but at least he helped open the eyes of lots of people who don't have places like ATS to learn from.

For many of the topics a one hour show is way too short. He did a good job presenting some good theories in the hour that he had.

Perhaps in the future he will learn to be a little more hard hitting. Perhaps he will do shows with 2 or 3 parts.

I like the guy.. I think his heart is in the right place. I'm glad the show will still be around even if I do have to catch it on the internet.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Dan, I like Jesse too, but this is TV! He is making a TV Show. Is there anything on television that is not exploitation in one form or another? Is it not exploitation to stand in front of the graves of fallen soldiers with a somber background and some sad patriotic music and speak your opinion? They didn't choose the site at random, they chose it because of its exploitation factor.

Did those fallen WWI and WWII soldiers die so that some guy could make money on television proclaiming that the government is the enemy of its own people? No matter how much I agree with "some" of Jesse's ideas, I know for certain that my Grandfather would absolutely hate this! He did not serve as an Army Ranger in Korea, and he did not watch his buddies die so that some guy could use it later as fodder AGAINST the government.

Times used to be different, and a lot of those men buried at Arlington would rise up and shoot Jesse with their last breath for speaking the theories that we talk about regularly on ATS. I think it is important that we discuss them and investigate them, but I do not think it is necessary to use Arlington as a backdrop, when I know that many of the men there would object to it!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I only ever heard of two episodes from that show? It is still around? I thought it was cancelled?

Season1 was 7 shows:

Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura.S01E01-H.A.A.R.P
Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura.S01E02-9 11
Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura.S01E03-Global.Warming
Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura.S01E04-Big.Brother
Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura.S01E05-Secret.Societies
Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura.S01E06-Manchurian.Candidate
Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura.S01E07.Apocalypse 2012

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
How much control over the show does Jesse actually have? Does he have stake in the production? If he is just a commentator maybe he doesn't get to put all of the facts out. What I'm getting at is it may not be him but the producers or editors.

As for not allowing him to film at Arlington is ridiculous. I would understand if there were people bleeding all over the place or that a certain individual didn't consent to there picture being shown on air but Arlington is open to the public. I hardly think any of the inhabitants would complain.

If they start telling us where we can and can't film then what's to stop them from increasing their power trip in the future. They film us without consent everyday.

What's the difference recording it in your minds memory than on video tape?

They're scared of what the Governor will show next.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Exactly. Like he said. Kevin Costner filmed a scene there for JFK. On top of that, protestors protest in that cemetary all the time.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by acroagogue

Exactly. Like he said. Kevin Costner filmed a scene there for JFK. On top of that, protestors protest in that cemetary all the time.

Kevin Costner was reenacting a scene relating to JFK's own actions.

As for the protestors, I am a member of the Patriot Guard. Our group was formed specifically to block the view of protestors from military processions and funerals. We have unfortunately ridden twice this summer for two PFC's here in my town.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I just wanted to say one thing, I think those people in those graves would be happy to see someone else protecting our liberties.

They served our country with extreme bravery, but if they were alive to see whats happening now they would # bricks and ask us why we aren't doing anything to change current events.

I wouldn't just assume that they would be angry for some television show questioning the government. I'd like to believe that they weren't as much fighting for the country as they were fighting for our future.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
What gets me is why couldn he just use one the many films there are of just the Eternal Flame and then just do a voice over? he doesn't have to be there live with a microphone in his hand now does he?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

It is the principle of the thing DC.
Those soldiers took an oath
Jesse took an oath in his day too, as a soldier and a politician, and as a citizen of the republic.

The army told him he couldn't film there because he made a TV show regarding the cover up on JFK. The show had not even been seen at that time. so the army did not even know what they were talking about, and so the reason was BOGUS.

The cover up is not conspiracy theory it is conspiracy fact.
The proof of the cover up is not disputable.

In this case the "Army" is defending the biggest most insulting falsehood ever laid on the American people.
A coup.

Picture some of the souls from JFK's PT boat as being there, or the souls who died for nothing in Vietnam which Kennedy was on course to prevent.
Any soul who died defending against foes foreign or domestic

Now ask your self..If it was your soul who died for the principles represented by the oath you took...what would you think of it then?

and PS
Get Ready:
yes it is TV, but any truth is good truth.
Jesse is playing to the sleepers not the awake.
The Awake are expected to stand up for themselves, pick up the flag from the fallen
and march.
AS Jesse sid about being on AJ:
"Who else would air his interview, certainly not the mainstream media"
They won't evn review his BESTSELLING book which is on the NYT best seeler list...without a single mainstream review.

The amazing thing about the pig that flies backwards
is not the it flies backwards
the amazing thing is that it can fly at all.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

The show was a huge disappointment. Even the HAARP episode only barely touched the fringe of the discussion, and did not have all the important facts and data that are available on ATS!

If the Jesse Ventura show had read up on HAARP only on ATS, and followed only the most credible sources and links, it would have been 1000% better show than interviewing some old Alaskan farm neighbor?

The Alex Jones show is not helping his cause either!

What is it with Ron Paul and Jesse Ventura? They have terrific ideas, terrific support, and then they undermine themselves? Is it their intention to never be taken seriously? Stay on the fringe and lob intelligent potshots at TPTB and then slink back to the fringe again? Why not go full-steam ahead? Why not attack and keep attacking without the likes of Alex Jones and some BS "ReLoveUtion" bumper sticker?

People know the psychology of different groups and they play on them. You can tell their disingenuous when they seem to be going into the ridiculous, yet on some occassion seem sane. Its an indication their a puppet, some writer just plays on the fact some people are interested in certain topics and writes for their politician to get those crowds on his side.

Thats what politicians do, they play on what you want, say they will give it to you and once elected they let you down. We never learn.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
What gets me is why couldn he just use one the many films there are of just the Eternal Flame and then just do a voice over? he doesn't have to be there live with a microphone in his hand now does he?

Yes thats possible, but what gives the right to the army to tell the people (who pay their salaries) where they can and cannot go? What happened to the land of the free? Doesn't seem too free to me.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This show would of been much better without the cheeseball debreifing meetings. I'm not watching the show for the acting, I really just care about the topic at hand. Also, do you really need a team Jessie?

If this part of the show is eliminated for season 2, I'm in.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I watched a few episodes and I didn't care for it. I thought there was a lot of one sided fearmongering. I like Ventura. I thought his platform for govenor was fantastic. I think his show is atrocious. The show intentionally misrepresents a lot of information strictly for the purpose of sensationalism to create ratings. Show both sides of the story.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
We have a saying in warren detroit from the a rapper name jimmy.

Haters gonna hate

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join