It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did You Know: War on Drugs Edition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

A video for anyone who wants to better understand the failures of prohibition and learn more about alternatives that have proven to be more cost-effective, safe, and humane.

Brought to you by the International Centre for Science in Drug Policy -- where science, not ideology, drives illicit drug policy.

www.icsdp.org

Great video illustrating/confirming that the current war on drugs is a complete failure, and that there are much more humane options that work a great deal better then our current system.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
its true, alot of it has to do with corruption and money inside the government. they've brought the drugs into the country many, many times for certain reasons, one big one was to get heroin into the country during the vietnam war/hippy era to turn the anti war community into junkies.

There's a good poem by Allen Ginsberg, called How to be played on to the Jukebox, that explains it quite well.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Nice thread, thanks for sharing! I particularly found that video interesting because of the song, "You are Dreaming" by PQM, remixed by Peter Rauhofer. It's funny because it is such a little known song, yet one of my favorites.

As soon as people open their eyes to what a waste this "war" is, maybe they will wisen up, though I'm not holding my breath. This WOD is the very anti-thesis of liberty.

I believe that the WOD will continue as it not only gives TPTB sweeping powers to invade and control our lives, but it also a huge source of income for black projects. It also benefits the pharmacutical industry because we are prevented from medicating ourselves.

In other words, the WOD is a tool used by TPTB, against the public. They will never end it because it seems logical to us. It is going to take a revolution of sorts to change it.

--airspoon

[edit on 26-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The populace has been so conditioned to support the "war on drugs" that if you even bring up the notion that it's a detriment and a failure whoever is listening will immediately respond with anger. Like you are kicking their mother or something.

In 60+ years of the drug war, there have been probably near a trillion dollars spent, maybe a hundred thousand lives lost unnecessarily and the state creation of violent criminals by imprisoning non violent drug offenders. Each of these non violent offenders will cost the tax payer 40-60K per year. If you add that to the amount spent on the drug war, you get something like 3 trillion. You've created the largest prison nation on earth and you have destroyed more lives than drugs ever could in a thousand years.

Nope, you get angry that one would bring up what a hypocrisy it is.

The results of long-term populace manipulation (brainwashing).

new topics

top topics

join