It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How this Crisis Will Play Out - 2010 and beyond

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by oniongrass
reply to post by nlouise

I remember Dubai from the pre-construction-boom days. I was there for one day in about 1995 on a stopover. I liked it then, even though it got to 140 (not a typo) during the day. It was 100 degrees when the plane landed -- at midnight. I would probably not like it as well now.

I remember that Hamid Karzai (our guy in Kabul who purports to run the "government of Afghanistan") has a villa on that sandy palm-tree shaped thing they built out into the Arabian Gulf. Don't remember how I learned that, it was something I saw on the internet.

WOW that's hot! I thought our temps out here were bad (115). How on earth do those people breath outside?!?!? No cooling at night either?

I believe on Wiki it shows who has been funding the Dubai project. I went through the list a while back, and Detroit was one of the contributors. Detroit!! They haven't even kept up their own city, and that was before the economy spiraled down. I believe I saw 4 or 5 major US cities contributing, along with other countries. But Detroit? So, that's where their money went during the 'good times'. I'm sure most of their residents aren't aware.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by nlouise]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by oniongrass

Insomuch as the question was aimed directly at the OP, then yes it was from him I was looking for an answer. Though yours is acceptable.

Something else to chew over however. If it is in fact the Judeo-Christian god we are discussing. Is it not written that only by the signs will we know of the endtimes. This much being said prophecy does not sit well with this doctrine.

I love religion and mystical meandering, they are so rife with contradiction (jus' saying)

Personally I'm waiting for Ragnarok as it seems to be more my speed.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nlouise

Modern buildings of course have air conditioning. Some people may live more simply. I was there in late July, the hottest part of the year.

Dubai consumes huge amounts of electricity (for air conditioning) and fresh water. (The Gulf is salt water, very salty.) I think they desalinate Gulf water, which takes even more electricity. It's not a natural place to have a big city -- unlike NYC which is very habitable and has been densely settled for hundreds of years.

They have a 4 hour "siesta" from noon to 4 in the summer. People go home and, largely, sleep. (Mexican siesta was I think only 2 hours. Do they still have siesta in Mexico?)

Since I was only there for one day, rather than disappear indoors for siesta, I went to the Gulf for a refreshing dip. Not. The beach is quite wide, the sand was blazing hot and hurt my feet, and when I got in the water it was like a warm bath. No wonder the beach was almost deserted.

And you could hear the sound (bell?) from the mosque across the road, calling people five times a day to pray toward Mecca.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide Vision 2010

I am barely coming back from a small trip.

I get what you mean

Hope the trip was good and well

Hahahaha the clearance will come in later date so I guess they keeping me on need to know bases

Message on door reads

Warning DO NOT Let ShadowNinja in until specified date

Anyway welcome back

Love and Light.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Wide Vision, good to see you back! A lot of people have said that this August is going to be a crucial month in terms of how this crisis is going to play out!
What do you see in terms of major Earth Quakes this month? Are they going to be triggered by CME from the sun?
You have written a lot about the continuing crisis in terms of oil leak in the Gulf. The news in Main Stream Media is that the problem is behind us and even Alternate Media have stopped talking about the Oil Spill. You have said that this oil spill will take on a new dimension some time in August.Please elaborate more on this.
Is Florida already unsafe at this point in time? Are people going to move out of Florida in large numbers?
In terms of Hurricanes, this season already appears to be a lot milder than forecast. Is HAARP responsible for that? Where the forecasts wrong?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
omg...wide vision is back, yes....whats going to happen with the solar flares?...are we all going to die? is WW3 gona happen?.....oh wait you dont # about the future...nevermind.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Here's someone who claims he saw USGS post a 5.3 earthquake in Utah, then it disappeared off their website:

www.acidpulse.us...

[edit on 4-8-2010 by oniongrass]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Thanks for the info on Dubai ONIONGRASS. Always nice to hear from those who have 'been there' (places outside of the US).

A good friend of mine grew up in Switzerland and travels to Spain every few years. Her father moved from Switzerland to Spain years ago. Everything she says about the atmosphere and culture sounds so completely different from here. People actually talk to their neighbors in the streets, dinner is a social gathering time and could go on for hours. So unlike our busy fast-paced lives, here.

Sounds like you have traveled all over. I've never left the country other than BAHA Mexico a handful of times. And I've been through many, many parts of Canada. I've been all over the US (home), and that's about it.

I've always wanted to go to Europe, and almost did a couple years ago. But that's as far as I got.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Yes I've been fortunate to travel a lot, although only so far in the northern hemisphere. I don't travel in a luxury style, it's an adventure. And I never feel uncomfortable with the culture, whatever it is, and I can hardly remember a time the people were not very friendly to me. They're all just folks, solving the same problems.

I haven't been to much of Canada, really just the major cities of the east and Nova Scotia. I've probably been in Mexico more times than Canada because the weather is better there.

I think I would have had a happy life in a family oriented culture like southern Italy or as you describe Spain. But I've never had an opportunity to move to such a place. Just wasn't meant to be.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by oniongrass]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Oniongrass, nlouise, very enjoyable discussion about travels and other countries. Oniongrass, Southern Hemisphere has some very interesting places. I have really enjoyed New Zealand, Australia and Argentina. But there is so much more to see and if the doom and gloom notions are really in the cards for us, we all might miss out on seeing other places and enjoying other cultures!
Though I have been fortunate in that I have enjoyed a fair amount of traveling, the only countries-other than US-that I know well are Japan, Turkey and Canada.Dubai,I planned to go three times but missed out every time. I agree that it is not a natural place for a city but I think, may be interesting to see. May be an experience to stay at Burj Al Arab, but truly unaffordable!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Wide Vision, these are your exact words in your original thread in May at GLP :

Originally posted by Wide Vision 2010

"War is very likely or a disguised attack to incite a war is very likely around End of June to end of July, 2010."

"Last days of July. Fireworks will start then"

"The conflict that will start the war, will be unmistakeable between the end of June and beginnings of August, 2010."

These all seem to have failed to come true.
How do you explain that?

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Division_Theory]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Wide Vision, these are your exact words about the oil spill when you were making predictions in May about what would happen over at GLP:

Soon enough the news will be about unstable land, If more weight is put, that will create more cracks where from more oil and gas will sip out. 3 months from now, there will be a partial solution, but the oil will not be able to be outted from that locarion. This is a total loss. only a long concrete plate will be able to stop the leaks.

Oil from the Horizon Deepwell Rig will reach north of England and will descend into it. There will be small patches that will sink only to come out in various parts near the coast of England. Fishing will be lost in the North Atlantic. Oil will seem to disappear near the southern part of Greenland, only to come out in small but more persistent patches near England and the Iberian Peninsula. Oil will persist for years to come. The general roue of the oil spill will slow down near Greenland, but it will only sink and continue to travel on it's way into Europe.

Oil will sink only to come back to the surface in smaller portions in several places in Europe and around England. Fishing will be devastated even around England, the East Coast of the US, Spain and small portions of Africa where France goes to steal fish from the African nations.

Ocean surface at the [oil leak] site is caving in. Look for what I say about it in this thread. I say there are cracks, and oil and gas will sip out in greater amounts. 3 months down the road, from last week, there will be an emergency situation due to the oil spill. Say, August 14, 15, and a few hours of 16.

Oil spill will get from bad to worse as time progresses. Oil and GAS will sip out through crevices through the ocean floor. Tribulation will start soon, and there is no good news coming.

Oil spill will shower inland as time progresses. Oil and gas pockets in Texas, Oklahoma and surrounding areas, plus oil spill remnants will create caos for years to come.

[Regarding the oil volcano] I am only allowed to speak 3 months ahead, about the subject, and one month has already passed. If you notice, I only speak of 3 months in advance, and I say things will change, and I stop at that. But allow me to explain what's going on. There is a soft bottom in the area explored by BP. They didn't research the area thoroughly, and now the spill is creating less pressure in the deposits, so the soft ocean floor is caving in. As pressure drops, there will be more and more cracks, thus more oil and gas will be spilled.

None of these predictions seems to have any similarity at all to what actually occurred since you wrote those predictions.

How do you explain that?

You specifically predicted "an emergency situation due to the oil spill" on "August 14, 15, and a few hours of 16". How is that going to occur now that they have successfully plugged the well?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by seekersc

ONIONGRASS & SEEKERSC

OK you two, I'm jealous! (LOL) I don't think that the real interest in traveling hit me until my late thritys, before then I just kind of took for granted that I've been all over the US, lots of Canada, and some Baja Mexico. I think after I matured in that way, was the time when my curiosity peaked. I would love to travel now, but circumstances won't allow at this time.

If the CHTF we may all be traveling whether we are intersted or not. I've been suggesting to my husband that we should get passports now, while we still can, just in case we need to get out of dodge. They are good for about 8 years, no? Can you tell me if a designated place needs to be on a passport, or if it can remain open?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Division_Theory
Wide Vision,

None of these predictions seems to have any similarity at all to what actually occurred since you wrote those predictions.

How do you explain that?

You specifically predicted "an emergency situation due to the oil spill" on "August 14, 15, and a few hours of 16". How is that going to occur now that they have successfully plugged the well?

'Alleged' Static Kill of the gushing well head. Let's see if the concrete plugs actually work out, first (IF) i can really trust the govt or the BP engineers?!

with that in mind---- I'm not trying to do a blanket support of WideVision...

but its incredible that you are taking all of the BP bait they are dishing out
for public consumption... along with the rubber-stamping bureaucracy
saying nothing's wrong & only 5 million gallons were recovered/skimmed/boomed/disbersed/burned-off, & eliminated from beaches & wetlands

BP has successfully redefined the 'spill' to the product excaping from the corrupted well casing at the damaged BOP location...
any other plumes are not to be associated with the (ongoing) BP
deepwater disaster...no other oil intrusions from oil infused strata, or that NO petroleum or gasses excaping from newly created fissures are their's either.

this is all playing out like the obscure, dark pools of money handed over to the banker cartel to 'save the fiscal system'...much to the detriment of we-the-people
BP in cahoots with the administration & energy Czars must have oodles of $$$ changing hands under the table...

i await this info from 'WikiLeaks'

[edit on 5-8-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nlouise

Of course you should have passports. Not just if you believe everything is going to fall apart, but just so you can go where you want to. Unfortunately they keep raising the price of passports; it's gotten to the point where it's a cost/benefit tradeoff. So that can encourage people to wait until they are planning a trip. And they are very sticky now about documentation.

Adult passports are good for 10 years, kids' passports are good for 5 years.

No specific destination needs to be stated. For some reason, if you're planning a specific trip soon, they want you to state that. But you can go anywhere on a passport for which the host country will give you a visa. (A few destinations may cause questions when you get home. If you go to Cuba you're not allowed to spend any money.)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nlouise

I truly think that having a passport is a great idea. It is good for 10 years and my hunch is that over time it will become more and more difficult to get a passport. You do not need to designate any country on the passport. Just that certain countries require US citizens to have a visa. Australia, China, Russia, Brazil come to mind/ I generally keep visa's for several countries ready ( You can get a 5 year visa for countries like Australia-unless they have different rules now-But I think that it is useful to be able to leave US on short notice. Wide Vision, for example, recommends move away from US. Let us hope for the best but never hurts to be ready and in any case, it is a wonderful experience traveling to different places. Younger you are easier it is.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Thanks to both of you. That has been my thought; to get passports now. If something did happen, it would be a terrible time to try to get a passport. Even now (for those I know who have them) it takes a while to get them, unless you want to pay more $$$ for them. Even then its not an overnight process.

Good that there doesn't have to be a destination on them. I don't plan to travel any time soon, but it would be nice to know I could have that option at a moments notice.

Definately not planning to visit Cuba anytime soon. LOL

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Division_Theory
Wide Vision, these are your exact words in your original thread in May at GLP :

"War is very likely or a disguised attack to incite a war is very likely around End of June to end of July, 2010."

"Last days of July. Fireworks will start then"

"The conflict that will start the war, will be unmistakeable between the end of June and beginnings of August, 2010."

These all seem to have failed to come true.
How do you explain that?

No explanation, WV? Why are you avoiding these predictions?

Do you admit you were wrong?

Where were the fireworks in July that you predicted?

WV, you keep insisting that posters here show you "respect". But how can anyone respect you when you don't even have the honor to admit when you were wrong?

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Division_Theory]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nlouise

nlouise, I applaud your decision. Go get your passport. Still a good time to get one!
Too bad we can not go to Cuba. Friends in Turkey have visited it and they all enjoyed their visit. One in fact, bought an oceanfront condo in Havana.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

yeah, the oil spill wasnt that big of a deal...the ocean can hadle it. get over it.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join