It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran officials: U.S., Israel wouldn't dare attempt a military strike

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It's cute how you think the US military is so powerful they could stop thousands of missiles launched at each US warship..

LOL.

Sorry.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The sad thing is that the elites are in control and orchastrating this whole thing. U.N, U.S.A against them and it does not make a difference with who. I told my brothers kids to never go into the military right now, because we will be entering in a war very, very soon. I believe it will begin in late NOVEMBER or maybe a bit sooner. Other countries will get involved with this, that is why we are poised with 46 warships ready to strike venezuella if they decide to enter in, also a fleet down by KIMMY, NORTH KOREA, in case they decide to enter in to help IRAN. You just do not move a large number military graters, bulldozers,and large diggers around if you are not going to use them to make roads for military personel to cross on. I believe they know the struggle and this is why they are moving such things.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Well, gee, what do we have here. TROOPS, where. HMMMMM. NOW IRAN IS ALMOST SURROUNDED ON ALL SIDES. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Maybe they couldn't stop thousands of missiles launched at each US Warship. Luckily our ships are out of range. Luckily Iran doesn't have thousands of missiles, let alone thousands of long range missiles.

Its funny how people on ATS seem to always give Iran some sort of edge against a veteran military with the most sophisticated military and intelligence agency in the world.

You are right, we here on ATS do seem to overestimate the US military and possibly even underestimate Iran. We must remember however, that we only over/underestimate b/c we have faith in our decades of successful military campaigns and our generals with decades of success and experience.

We have the luxury to overestimate our military and underestimate ours b/c we know our generals won't. We have that luxury b/c we know our intelligence gathering agencies will provide everything our leaders need to make the right decisions. If anything we will attack when its un-necessary rather than attack when we won't win.

They have no chance.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

It wouldn't be very hard to mobilize the troops that are "just finishing things up" in Iraq to Iran.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
reply to post by nite owl

It wouldn't be very hard to mobilize the troops that are "just finishing things up" in Iraq to Iran.
Yep, you got that right. All you have to do is connect the dots so to speak. A big event to come this way.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
well well i was trying to keep the Elite out of this cause there are so many other threads about them.

but since it is mentioned i will say this...

the Elite have been on the band wagon of population control for a very long time...

The Us has funded the chinese with the concept of one child per family since it started in china in 1979 through the guise of the UN

UNFP Involvement
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) has supported the one-child policy in China from 1979. Currently, under a program begun in 1998, it operates family planning programs in 32 counties, or county-level municipalities, throughout China. The UNFPA claims that in the counties where it is active (1) reproductive health programs are ‘fully voluntary,’ (2) ‘women are free to voluntarily select the timing and spacing of their pregnancies,’ (3) targets and quotas have been lifted, (4) in keeping with the principles of the 1994 Cairo Program of Action, abortion is not promoted as a method of family planning and (4) that coercion does not exist.

I have always held the opinion that, given the character of China's family planning program and its human rights situation in general, it was highly unlikely that the UNFPA's claims about its current program are accurate.

We now have documentation, from on the ground in China, that its claims are completely false. I leave it to the following witness to lay out the details of the coercion, forced abortions, and forced sterilizations which she has documented in a region of China which the UNFPA has claimed is free of such abuses.

It's my recommendation to the Congress that, because of UNFPA's continued involvement in China's coercive one-child policy, and no less because of its sheer duplicity about this involvement, no US funds should be appropriated for its support.

one child

now the Elitle do want a war and are orchastrating it and we the people are being SHEEP

they would love for china to get involved and as china abstains over and over they push harder and harder.

they want to get china involved before it becomes to powerful

and they want to get rid of 2/3 of the worlds population.

their prefered number for sustainable earth population is only 500,000,000

which is peanuts.

but back on topic....They are going to go into IRan...cause they see it as their benefit.

The game is afoot....and we the people are going to be the ones that suffer.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by plube]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

It appears less intelligent people like yourself like to disengage from the facts at hand and rather play those facts that are in the hands of TPTB. Just like the Iranian official and the topic starter. You people haven´t a clue about America, let alone Iran, yet you pretend to be a computer simulation of a war that will not know its equal? If you had any other point than trying to sound obsolete and having your go at the wardrums then you have certainly failed presenting that point. Just as the Iranian official.

I must say though, one must be quite a patriot to ignore history. Or just illiterate.

So let me repeat it again for your fragile minds; The rich stay rich, the poor stay poor. The religious remain holy, the intellectuals continue to be made out as devils. Fear reigns, peace sits back and enjoys the ride.

Enjoy being a puppet, I hear it pays well. (Monopoly money)

Stop enticing eachother over war due to an ego complex. Thank you very much.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

So, what your arrogant response is saying is that rather than talk about issues, facts, and truths, you would prefer to sit in your armchair and complain b/c you have absolutely no chance of making a change?

I say the people you are attacking, like most ATSers, are very intelligent and even if they are stupid or illiterate... well, better to be stupid or illiterate than apathetic and unpatriotic. Unfortunately, I believe, since we are name calling, that you quite possibly could be all four.

My apologies mods, this is a bit off topic.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by memarf1]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

It appears less intelligent people like yourself like to disengage from the facts at hand and rather play those facts that are in the hands of TPTB. Just like the Iranian official and the topic starter. You people haven´t a clue about America, let alone Iran, yet you pretend to be a computer simulation of a war that will not know its equal? If you had any other point than trying to sound obsolete and having your go at the wardrums then you have certainly failed presenting that point. Just as the Iranian official.

I must say though, one must be quite a patriot to ignore history. Or just illiterate.

So let me repeat it again for your fragile minds; The rich stay rich, the poor stay poor. The religious remain holy, the intellectuals continue to be made out as devils. Fear reigns, peace sits back and enjoys the ride.

Enjoy being a puppet, I hear it pays well. (Monopoly money)

Stop enticing eachother over war due to an ego complex. Thank you very much.

What the hell are you talking about?

None of that made any sense to me? How did I ignore history? I listed the last 3 decades of both countries conflicts and their outcomes.

What does anything you said have to do with how the US would strike Iran? The only sense I can make of anything you posted is that you don't like people who are Patriotic, and you think a war with Iran will be "unlike any other." Yet, you offer no facts figures or opinions to back up that statement. Personally I think N. Korea would be a far tougher challenge than Iran, and History, standing armies, missile tech, and nuke capability all support that belief. Iran is a non-issue. A strike on Iran will not be a "war." It will be a "strike" like we gave Libya. It will be an eye opener, and a strong negotiation tactic.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Duh...the US would launch strikes on those missiles before they could be launched. PLEASE dont think those missiles would just sit there then all of the sudden be unleashed unimpeded. You really have no idea how battle works?

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
It's cute how you think the US military is so powerful they could stop thousands of missiles launched at each US warship..

LOL.

Sorry.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
-U.S. ships would destroy any attack Iran could throw at them

and you base this on what ? i guess these US ships can sweep a couple of hundreds of thousand mines in the sea in a couple of days huh? this naval presence of both sides in the stait of hormuz will not impact oil shipment in the most crowded place on earth regarding shipment of oil ? even if US ships started this slow painfull process of minesweeping iran would stand by and do nothing because US ships would destroy any attack iran could throw at them. nice optimistic thinking.

-Stopping American air power has never been successfully done

this is the same as i would say no 3 year old has ever beaten me in chess.
ofcourse iranian AA cant stop us air dominance but you cant go just bomb a country to dust and then go home, i hope this doesnt need any explenation.

-The Ayatollah is partly right, the U.S. and Israel should be concentrating on internal problems, but that has never stopped the U.S. and Israel before. What makes the Ayatollah think this will stop them from attacking now?

agreed

-As long as the U.S. and Israel didn't try to "nation build" the war would be over in a matter of weeks if not days. It would most likely just be continuous air strikes on important targets and Irans infastructure until Iran has no infastructure left.

With the new sanctions imposed by the EU and Canada today, the noose is tightening around Iran's neck. Hopefully the people of Iran will get sick of the sanctions and revolt against the leaders of Iran. Then the problem can be solved without too much involvement on the part of Israel and the U.S.

please dont tell me you really think that simple, just bomb the country for several days and fly back? let me tell you this, if the US decided to attack iran especially in your fantasy sort of way by bombing a couple of days, all support the US has from some iranian people will end, iran will make iraq, afghanistan and the whole region a living hell for US soldiers and the only way to avoid this is to kill al 70 million people of iran in that bombing campaign.

i support anyone expressing his opinion but my opinion is that your opinion is absurd, on top of that you show your opinion as a fact and im sure you already forgot any critisism you received about your thread.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mumbo jumbo

The US doesn't just carpet bomb and walk away. We would surgically strike every piece of Iranian Defense, and then begin negotiations. No need for minesweeping, no need for ground troops. Just sanctions and surgical strikes on key targets. The stealth and long-range capability of the US combined with International Pressure and sanctions would be enough to topple the government with very little collateral damage.

I put up Libya as an example earlier. Libya had very good defenses and an aggressive stance. One night of bombing and they were negotiating readily, and they have been quiet and peaceful ever since.

I honestly cannot see how there is any debate about this? Iran is entirely surrounded, with very little world support, and also turmoil within their own country. Their weapons tech and military might is decades behind the US, their resources are limited, their training does not compare to the technological or real world training of US soldiers.

Any war is bad, any attack will result in lives lost on both sides, and any conflict will make at least as many new enemies as it does friends. War is a sad and horrible thing, and I do not wish for it to happen, but trying to say that it would not be a simple 2 week barrage followed by a surrender is ridiculous. As you said yourself, this is like playing chess against a 3rd grader. One on one with Kobe Bryant, or mini golf vs. Tiger Woods.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Ok, so if I understand corectly your opinion is that if the US bombs all of iranian defenses to hell iran will surrender, could be who knows, but in my opinion which if im going to explain why i think that way i would be writing a whole story (youre welcome to search threads of mine if you need to know how i exactly think about the matter) in that particular scenario iran would absolutely not surrender and all possibilities of negotiations would be off the table.

I think iran will respond in any way they are capable, if it helps them or not or what damage they can do is irrelevant because the question is will they surrender or respond.

in that scenario Iran is likely to mine the strait of hormuz which i earlier mentioned is a key strait for oil shipment, with or without US naval presence because the skyrocketing of the price of oil will bring international attention, also they could maybe terrorize US military installations in the neighbouring countries with as little as rpg's and homemade bombs handed out to crazy afghan en iraqi terrorist who knows maybe theyll do it themselves.

I cant predict how iran will respond to such an attack from the US, I would think very negatively im almost sure they would not surrender, I think the US has a better chance to negotiate with Iran trough a fair deal, and saying they should suspend uranium enrichment if they want to talk is not fair, they have the right to nuclear power for peacefull purposes and i know they want to make a bomb bla bla bla, dont forget your innocent untill proven guilty.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mumbo jumbo

Well, it is hard to agree with your assessment without sounding "anti-Muslim." But, I do agree to a certain extent. It is entirely impossible to battle an enemy that wants to die. If death=martyrdom and there is an endless supply of volunteers to go meet Allah, then you are correct, and they will never surrender.

I only hope that the people are smarter than that, and that some faction of the government is not a religious radical ready to sacrifice the entire country to prove a point. They can't win, but they can cause a lot of pain, suffering, death and disruption.

Personally, I think A-jad is a savvy world leader and negotiator. I actually think he is lightyears ahead of Obama in world politics.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I see how well Iraq's military machine did against the US and it failed miserably TWICE. They were basically done in less than a few weeks time in both wars.

I can hear it now "but they are still fighting". NO im not talking about the insurgency stuff, im talking military machine versus military machine. What would folks be saying if the US up and left right after they decimated Iraqs military? They would have NO argument.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by princeofpeace]

[edit on 29-7-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by memarf1

Actually, not apathetic but a truckload more critical than your average human. I find that your observation on arrogance is due to the lack of understanding you bring with you rather than actual arrogance presented by me.

Besides, arrogance beats ignorance. Any day.

I think you misunderstood my post, it's all fine and dandy to bring into play all these 30 years of whatever it is you brought in, you still miss a significant point that makes your point and this entire thread obsolete. Namely: The Islamic regime is just another puppet front.

There is no point in talking about what will happen after an attack, the only point is that regular people like yourself will suffer on both sides of the world. That's all you need to know.

Now, either you choose to understand this or you choose to continue to live in the ignorant word, where countries are still considered independant, while ALL the politicians live wealthy, in connection and exempt to law.

We the people are the ones dying in wars, not they.
We the people are starving after wars while they have dinner in mansions with servants.
We the people can NOT pay the bills, they drive in lamborghinis.

This is the case in Iran I can tell you. Just as in the US. You are buying their whole worldview and hence you are suckered into a discussion that opposes the governments, while that is CLEARLY not the case. These governments work together while we the people get screwed over. Every single time.

Think about it.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Zamini]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I think it would be in Irans best interest to just STFU for a while and chill the hell out, the same goes with the Us,N.K, and Israel.
Like I stated in a past thread, I will NOT support anymore war.
If Israel and Iran want to go at it, then by all means let them, but keep us out of it.(I know its an impossiblity due to corrupted political officials, but I have to say it anyways).
Our nation needs to take care of their own, end of story.

If it were me sitting at the Oval Office, I would call in the leaders from Russia,UN and China, along with Japan and try to find a way to curb this hostility between all major super powers and rogue nations.
I would try to strike a deal with the super powers to keep us from being thrown into a war against each other because of a couple of third world punks(All in common interest). I would try to make sure all problems that we faced with each other would be resolved as quickly as possible, such as human rights violations- fiscal obligations, military struggles and so on and so forth. All wars with middle eastern countries would come to a hault,
and they would be forced to work out their differences on their own. ALL nucleor ambitions in these regions would have to come to a hault. Since Israel is a nuke nation, all super powers would remind them that if they dared to use nukes on ANY nation, that they would then be counter reacted in the same measure by ALL super powers. The same goes for N.K.
I think after thousands of years of war, that this world is by time ready for a new change in thinking, and that we should ALL be willing to give up our quest for domination on this planet. This planet needs to achieve a higher level of accountability for each man woman and child living on this planet. There is enough room for ALL OF US. We have the technology to make this happen, and it needs to happen. Those that refuse to cooperate with the sureme majority of the world, will then face isolation from any and all nations unified under common principles. NO, not a NWO, just a NEW WORLD, ran BY THE PEOPLE, not corrupted politicians. If ANYONE had a problem with that, well then I guess we would then know who wants what in this world. We dont need a world of police, we need a world of peace.
Too many lives have been lost due to other peoples inabilities to share
what is rightfully the peoples. Nations then would not have to worry about protecting themselves from outside forces from other nations, because ALL unified nations would have a hand in making sure that THEY ARE ALL PROTECTED under ONE COMMON RULE(Dont mess with the unity). Maybe then, we could achieve the level of conciousness we were supposed to already have.

Ok, Im done dreaming.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

You don't understand? There are no nations left in this world. The whole trick has been to make you believe there are nations as to divide the whole human population.

What was it again? Divide and conquer?

It's as if people are really, really forgetful.

Though, feel free to be a patriotic puppet...just as long as war doesn't happen to you it's okay though, right?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

WTF are you talking about?

Im in America- We have been at war for sometime now.

I have friends/family that have died because of corrupted politicians.

And you are trying to make me feel like a d_ck because I dont want that anymore?

Damn right I am patriotic, not for our government, but for the people who this nation REALLY represent.

And you are asking me to support other nations governments and my own governments Lust for greed and war?

Really, whos side are you on? It seems YOU are the one who wants the bloodshed, not me.

Oh and btw- go troll somewhere else.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join