It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream of the end?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wolfofodin

the only dream i had with an entity that interacted with me in a special way, such as in a heavily symbollic way, was a guide . i couldn't see him but he was there, walking with me, helping me to understand what i was seeing in the dream. it was pretty intense dream too. it was just full to the brim with colors and symbollism and textures and edifices and oh gosh what a dream. it was a long one too. i noticed that normally my dreams don' t last so long that they connect to anything meaningfully related after awhile, in other parts of the dream, like a tv station switching between channels, but this one was a logical flow that just kept consistent through out and it all made sense and fit together without any interference or channel surfing.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

hrm , not sure if you read it or not, but i had a dream back when i was first posting my star gate theory on ATS. several strange things happened.

i fell asleep in the middle of the day, suddenly. no warning, when i wasnt' even tired, and sitting at my computer.

i found i was laying on the floor of a ...flyiing vehicle of some kind, that was hovering over what looked to be the valley of the kings or valley of the queens, in egypt.
the floor was transparent so i could see the ground beneath me like looking thru the bottom of a glass bottom boat. the craft was hovering about 50 ft above the spot.

the area was a cul-de-sac. each facing of the cliff, contained an entrance into cliff face, there were five such entrances, in total.

i realized these were the tombs of egyptian royals. when this thought crossed my mind, dotted black lines began to emerge from all five tomb entrances and converge at a central point in the clearing of the cul-de-sac. where they met, a blinking red square appeared.

i looked around inside the craft i was in to see a bank of computers or something to my right. lights flickered intermittently. i also realized i wasn't just laying on the transparent floor, but was in an actual impression in the floor, designed for just such a bird's eye view of the terrain.

then i woke up as suddenly as i went to sleep. time elapsed, maybe 30 seconds?

now THATs what i call a weird dream.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by undo]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Here is something that I thought may be of interest.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

i am fascinated by cognitive studies, and dreams are very interesting from a cognitive standpoint.

In a dream you can literally live an entire existence in the matter of seconds. This is something that has really given me reason for pause.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This is my first post, hello everyone! To the OP; I'm so taken aback by your post. I too have had a similar dream, including the 'thx' sound that you had included in your post. When I read your post and clicked on the video link, my hairs stood on ends! Ever since I've had that dream, that particular intro-sound has brought out the most unsettling feeling within me. I'm utterly flabberghasted by the fact that someone other than myself has experienced this. Thanks for posting!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparkitekt
This is my first post, hello everyone! To the OP; I'm so taken aback by your post. I too have had a similar dream, including the 'thx' sound that you had included in your post. When I read your post and clicked on the video link, my hairs stood on ends! Ever since I've had that dream, that particular intro-sound has brought out the most unsettling feeling within me. I'm utterly flabberghasted by the fact that someone other than myself has experienced this. Thanks for posting!

If you wouldn't mind, please type up your version of the dream and post it. As much detail as you can think to provide.

Take a day or two if need be (or don't do it at all, if you prefer).
But i would be very interested in reading the details.

Edit to add: what made that sound in your dream? What was its cause.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I seriously got chills and VERY freaked out when I read this...I had a dream VERY eerily similar to this. It shook me so much that I wrote it down in my dream journal...the beginning was different, obviously, but in mine whatever was happening had hit Asia and was coming our way, but no one (my loved ones) would listen to me and I was so exasperated. IT was New Years' Eve, and the ball had dropped and then Finally my boyfriend believed me and that's when.... Here is a direct quote from when I wrote in my journal: "The ball drops, and right before that I notice a bunch of helicopters and planes flying and found it weird. When the ball dropped, there was a huge explosion and everything got dark, but only for a split second and then it was this weird shade of yellow. Glenn and I grabbed each other and hugged so tight, then took off running, we ran to the other side of a big wall. People were running around saying "this is so not good". And then I heard a LOUD shrill piercing noise and then I knew:"
I go on to describe some more events and then I write that it seemed like it was 2012 happening early. ANYWAY I'm freaked out because when I played that sound, it was EXACTLY what was in my dream. Wow. I am officially perplexed. Mind you, I had my dream on August 8th of 09 but I remembered it, and I journaled it. What do you think of our similarities?!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekingmyself

I think it's interesting, because there is a total lunar eclipse scheduled for December 21, 2010. Not sure what that has to do with new years eve though.

The sky turning yellow would make me think that a nuke went off.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by 12.21.12]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekingmyself

I seriously got chills and VERY freaked out when I read this...I had a dream VERY eerily similar to this. It shook me so much that I wrote it down in my dream journal...the beginning was different, obviously, but in mine whatever was happening had hit Asia and was coming our way, but no one (my loved ones) would listen to me and I was so exasperated. IT was New Years' Eve, and the ball had dropped and then Finally my boyfriend believed me and that's when.... Here is a direct quote from when I wrote in my journal: "The ball drops, and right before that I notice a bunch of helicopters and planes flying and found it weird. When the ball dropped, there was a huge explosion and everything got dark, but only for a split second and then it was this weird shade of yellow. Glenn and I grabbed each other and hugged so tight, then took off running, we ran to the other side of a big wall. People were running around saying "this is so not good". And then I heard a LOUD shrill piercing noise and then I knew:"
I go on to describe some more events and then I write that it seemed like it was 2012 happening early. ANYWAY I'm freaked out because when I played that sound, it was EXACTLY what was in my dream. Wow. I am officially perplexed. Mind you, I had my dream on August 8th of 09 but I remembered it, and I journaled it. What do you think of our similarities?!

Lets see what your journal says. It sounds interesting.
Post it up here for us to read.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

My laptop is presently broken and right now I am writing from my cell phone....I will post the dream asap!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I always considered myself a migratory person. My entire life I seem to have been moving about from city to city, job to job. In 1996 I was living in San Antonio, TX, when suddenly I began have a repeating dream. This dream played out exactly in detail every time it happened, for several months.

My Dream:

I was sitting with my Mom in El Paso, TX, (this is where she lives). We we're sitting on a little rock wall in front of her house (a non-existing wall). I was looking at her and she was crying really badly, I had my arms around her trying to comfort her, not really knowing why she was crying.

Then, I looked up to the North and the sky was black as night, yet it was daytime. Suddenly, like a giant sucking vacuum, the winds began rushing by towards the blackness. I could see things beginning to get sucked into the winds with such force, everything becoming lost to the dust and debris rushing by us. It was if the Atmosphere was literally being sucked right off the planet. I could feel it and it was deafening. I literally shook in my body.

My mom was trembling and crying, and I tried so hard to hold on to her to help her, it felt like eternity. Finally I looked her in the face and told her "it is time", and I told her to take a deep breath and it would all be over. It overtook us in an instant and everything was like an incredible dust storm swirling and spinning. We both took a deep breath and closed our eyes shut (or at least I did). Then it was silence and when I reopened my eyes everything was perfect. Not perfect in that it was the same, it was filled with beauty unlike anything I had ever seen. The birds, the trees, the sky it was all so breathtaking. Then I woke up.

This kept up throughout the Fall months of 1996; by October I packed my bags, sold off my furniture, loaded one truck and headed to El Paso. I decided it was because my Dad was going to die and that my Mom needed me. Well I was so wrong about that one! LOL The old fart is still alive today, but I did do something while living there until 1998, I built that little rock wall for my mom to sit on. It isn't a wall per say but a retaining wall around a tree as a built up flowerbed; a perfect height to sit and enjoy the day! I used boulders and it is about 2 ft tall and has a nice flat sitting surface; it is about the same view where we were sitting actually.

One thing is for sure, I wouldn't be here in New Mexico today if I hadn't had that dream like I did. I would likely still be way down South! I do miss the atmosphere of the South, but it is comforting to know I am now sitting above 4000 ft above sea level, there abouts. San Antonio sits at about 700 ft above sea level.

I am sure Spirit had to shake me up to get me to move, and it worked! LOL

I never had that dream again or any other like it. I cannot help but see my dream as being similar to what is being described here by the OP and a few others.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

LOL, you don't like coastlines? I really don't, either. I am all about risk mitigation.

Can't say that i blame. you. I like San Antonio a lot. It is my annual vacation spot. Well, actually New Braunfels. If i ever make it there, it would take dynamite to blast me out of there.

Thanks for sharing that dream. It was interesting. And i think you understand the terror I had from mine.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I've tried time and time again to remember what my dream was about that led me to that particular moment we kind-of share in common. All I can remember is that sound. I'm sorry I can't be of any more help. But what about this particular sound that's so symbolic? I hate to go off on a rant, but could it be perhaps that sound clips like that are somehow known to others as having some sort of meaning?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hey there BFFT, I hope you don't mind but I had a dream last night that has to do with "the end" and rather than starting a new post I thought your post is appropriate and would not derail yours at all. If it seems inappropriate please tell me. Oddly enough this week alone I had two "end-times" dreams, the earlier one has faded from me without anything but "this is it" sort of thoughts. However, last nights dream was quite incredible in detail and emotions.

I was in this city where I live, and it was this current mind-set in that I felt it was today or now. I was a passenger of one of our hardly ever used city buses headed east bound on a busy section of town when suddenly someone noticed that there was something on the Moon. It was a daytime moon, full and round and very bright; I looked at it and it appeared to have the impression of 'Ouroborus' just within the out edge of the Moon. My heart nearly leaped out of my chest it was so detailed.

Somehow reports were coming in from people who heard that it was a sandstorm on the moon caused by an enormous blast from either solar winds or some other phenomenon. I immediately started telling everyone and calling everyone I knew to take cover that what ever was hitting the Moon would soon blast us as well. I continued to look at the Moon as a sort of gauge. Soon the sandstorm which created a giant circle within the edge of the Moon began to grow smaller and smaller closing in dead center to our view on Earth.

With all my calling and running around I discovered that people were actually trying to find refuge in the drainage ditches around town within the cement causeways under the roads. They were packed into them, even I tried to step into one and realized that it would be an ultimate deathtrap. After much thought it occurred to me that one of the old businesses down the road had a sort of basement for storage that was completely concrete. I suddenly found myself with my two dogs and several other people entering the structure and finding our way down stairs...then it hit! A blast unlike anything I could imagine. I could hear the force of it ripping everything on the surface above us to shreds. It shook me to the core and even plugging my ears could not prevent my body from hearing the destruction above me. I held onto my dogs tightly and I covered their heads with some sort of cloth/blanket I found.

We survived and to my astonishment hundreds of people somehow survived. In shock and awe we made our way up and amongst the groups of people in the rubble. I came across this tall skinny black man who was trying to offer money for something he wanted and he was very agitated. I told several people that were nearest me that we had best get to shelter and away from everyone if we wanted to be safe. We began journeying westward through the rubble. Ahead we could see tall buildings that had somehow survived but stripped of anything but the concrete skeletons, it appeared to be a business complex.

Suddenly, like a buzz in the wind, a swarm appeared to move around us in the distance; it sounded like bees but louder than I could ever recall. Some of the nearby tall buildings in shambles had somehow protected some very large trees and the swarm moved towards them and took over the tree tops. I looked carefully and it was some sort of little black dragon-like creature with bat-like wings. They looked similar to a snake but with a dragon's head. I believe they had only the two legs for perching and the two wings on their backs so very similar to a bird but not a bird at all. They looked like little Ouroboruses. They looked sinister and evil.

I was woken up because it was time to wake up and get my day started so the dream ended but I found myself still in the emotions of it all. My small group did manage to find shelter away from these creatures and I prepared some awesome little pizza pies with ingredients I gathered at a destroyed restaurant. I was thankful to find running water in the buildings but no electricity. I swear I can still taste and smell that world in my dreams. It was almost Lucid in the way things felt so real to touch, even when I had helped this man and held his head I can clearly remember how his hair felt coarse to me and curly. The rubble even had weight to it and it was difficult to gain passage out of the city because everything was in a real perspective to me.

Let me know if this is fine with you by adding this here, because I have the feeling that as time goes on more and more of us will begin to have dreams like this more frequently and writing them down is a good way of remembering them, but also sharing them might also help open someone up into sharing theirs as well.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
OK, this sort of was freaky and spooky to run into this Thread this morning after posting my Dream here,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

that has synchronicity to it if you ask me!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
On Monday, June 21, 2010 (yes, I keep a dream-journal) I had an "end of the world" dream as well. Whether the Quarter-day of the Pagans (Litha, or the Summer Solstice) had anything to do with my dream, I am not sure.

In my dream I am standing barefoot in my backyard with a friend of mine. We're sharing an intimate moment (something which would never happen in regular life). While we're embracing a brilliant explosion of white erupts across the sky. The sky then proceeds to bleed rivers of color: violet, blue, green, and red. There is chaos as the Heavens start to seep down, the atmosphere coming undone.

I continue to stand with my friend, we're not oblivious to the unfolding of reality, we're just choosing to ignore it. Slowly, the two of us begin to notice that our galaxy —the Milky Way— is being intruded upon by another galaxy —Andromeda— and this dual folding of galaxies is responsible for the destruction of physical reality.

From the sky these four colors (violet, blue, green, and red) seep down into the earth. Now the ground begins to shake and quiver as we release our embrace and finally start to acknowledge that something somehow catastrophic, yet divine, is happening around us. We begin to see both Andromeda and the Milky Way blending, shape-shifting, coagulating, and combining. Two galaxies, who's black-holes are becoming one.

That is when I look down and realize I had been holding my friend's hand the whole time. Only, now there is only one amalgamated hand left between our two. This symbiosis begins to spread as our feet melt into the wild-colored grasses. We pull them out and try to move away, our bodies touching. Before long we are becoming less two human beings, and more one human being. And beyond that our shared vessel begins to merge and melt uncontrollably into the dual-galaxy we're being swallowed up by.

My dream ended in a moment of frozen clarity from an omniscient viewer. I stood, mingled with my friend, rooted to the earth. While the dual-event-horizons of the sister galaxies crossed over us. My friend and I, along with existence as we knew it, had become a point of immortality. We were to be frozen in this half-blended state for the rest of existence. Time, and the melding, had stopped.

Our existence was over, by being forced to exist for the rest of eternity.

Make what you will of that one. It wasn't necessarily a nightmare, as much as it was a philosophical awe-inspiring dream. Perhaps my personal subconscious views on the end of the world are different than other peoples.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I don't dream much, that is why this dream hit me.

But i do think about things, and have what could be termed as a waking dream. I can vividly imagine things, and the scenario you mention is one such thing I have vividly imagined before.

Something, like an energy wave, pelted the Earth destroying just about everything on its surface. Trees leveled, metal buildings turned to rust, wood scorched. Usually, when i have this vision/visualization, it emanates from our own sun. Like it "blows off" its outer shell.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

OMG, that was absolutely incredible to read. I could see every color so vividly!

Thank you for sharing that!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You're welcome. I'm quite a vivid dreamer, and I remember much of what I dream. I'd like to think such is partly responsible for my ability to lucidly dream. When I saw the topic of this thread, and that others' were offering their own End of the World dreams, I figured I might as well post mine as well. Glad you enjoyed it.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
OP, I had a very similar dream but don't remember hearing anything like the THX sound. In my dream, I was back in my hometown in Germany, walking down the street. All of a sudden the cloud cover opened to reveal a huge black hole through which you could see the stars, even though it was broad daylight. People were standing in the middle of the street, pointing, some were very afraid.

I've had other dreams -- one about being in Sedona and sitting on our old porch at night watching the sky, and seeing humungous motherships fly by noiselessly.

The other one was also located in Sedona. My husband, son, and I were at a strip mall. We "parked" my son at a day care center and went to a fancy restaurant at the mall. Through its huge panorama windows we could see the oceanfront (yes, I know, there's no ocean in Arizona
) and the waves were building up higher and higher, until they were 50 feet high or so. I finally realized there was something sentient about the waves, as they washed over the strip mall, like little wiggly Paisley patterns that moved independently.

The strange thing is that in none of these dreams I'm ever afraid. My only emotion is total awe and wonder... but never fear. It's almost as if my dreams are telling me: whatever happens, you're protected.

I got the same impression from two events that happened to me in real life, about a year ago.

The first one was that I drove to the next town over to pick up my son from day care. (He's 7 1/2 now, but he still goes there occasionally when he has no school, because our day care mom's daughter is one of his best friends.) There were dark clouds in the sky and a thunderstorm was about to erupt. As I drove down the road, lightning bolts were hitting really close to me on the street, left and right. At first I didn't worry (all windows closed, Faraday cage and so forth), but as I drove, the lightning kept up with the car, hitting on both sides of the road where I drove. It was like it was chasing me. Finally I made a left turn -- and still, the lightning was following me, hitting the water of a pond I drove by. It was the creepiest thing... but it never hit the car.

Then, less than a week later, I drove down the same road and a huge flock of birds (probably sparrows) sat right by the road. When I drove by, they all flew up at once and all of a sudden my car was engulfed in flying birds. I couldn't see for a moment, but none of them hit the car. I kept driving and about 2 miles further down the road there was the SAME huge flock of birds (or an identical-looking one) sitting by the road again... as if they were waiting for me.

I pondered both events for a while (they were just too weird and too close together to ignore or declare coincidence), and I thought maybe Spirit gave me a message that, even though things get very hairy and hit close to home, that I'd still be okay and protected. Since then, I haven't worried about what might happen at TEOTWAWKI.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join