It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Spiritual path cost me(WARNING!!).....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Religion is interesting once you get to the deeper levels. Turns out much is hidden. And cracking the secrets do lead to interesting light shows eh?

Tell you what. I'll tell you of the story of the study guide.

Back in the 80's I watched a TV preacher on Sunday mornings who made the bible stories of the Apocalypse interesting. So I got the magazine and watched the shows. Then a few years later in 2001 I got a wild hair about looking for something in the bible and I found it. And shocked that I actually found it I made a very intensive study of the prophecy in question. Tried to figure it out from end to end. And then I figured out something I probably wasn't supposed to. And this is what happened when I said it out loud.

There was a ding in my ears. Like a hearing test tone. And then my vision failed. And all I saw was a flat dark gray background. And then I wasn't in Kansas anymore.

It seems like I was being propelled upward at a high rate of speed. There was streaks of light against the dark and oddly enough numbers. The number 2 to be exact. Passing by like the old Windows screensaver.

Then it changed. And I was just there floating in space. Looking at the stars. But it was a very strange space. And very strange stars.

What I saw was glowing faintly against the dark backdrop was the words of the prophecy. And scattered among the words of the prophecy was the stars. But they were also numbers. The number 2 to be exact. Showing the points of duality in the prophecy. Then after viewing this spectacle for a few seconds then the point of the vision changed.

I was back in my body with the picture of what I described in my head. Extremely bright it was. Made my existing thoughts and memories look like faded ghosts in comparison. And then it seemed to be expanding in my head and there was a pressure there. And the stars seemed to be burning holes out to my skull.

And then it was over. Leaving me with a strange headache for the rest of the day.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I do not understand how someone who likes to label others as "psychopaths" and "delusional" in such an aggressive and blind fashion, can claim 'they' are the 'good guy', the 'unifier', the 'enlightened one' who knows better than the enlightened ones.

You twist everything around and come at it ass-backwards. Mother Teressa was a nun who did charity work, and the belief of god has nothing to do with enlightenment.

Your whole argument about people who become spiritual or enlightened is foolish at best. You actually contradict yourself by saying you've had 'many peak experiences with the feeling of oneness' and 'it keeps us in check and brings us back to our roots', and then you say it separates us by making us feel 'more special' and so that is why it is negative. That may be true for a few people who have ego problems, but to generalize like you did...
:bash::bnghd:

You say how could an enlightened person interact with people with such an irrational mind. Have you ever considered that maybe it is you who is irrational? Or does that challenge your ego too much?

Your whole post made no sense.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Its been about a couple of weeks since I originally posted this. Quite a few replies and I thought I would juts do a general reply.

The WARNING part of the post was simply because you can kiss Kansas good bye when you start the path. Everything that you knew that and your reality then prior to the path becomes destroyed ....albeit for the better ...1,000,000 times better. However it comes at a cost. My old friends all they did was smoke, drink, sleep around, and if you didnt watch them would even try to get with your own girl.

They were replaced with new friends who were yogi's, mystics, scholars, teachers, authors, theologians, a very intelligent and educated circle of book readers, philosophers, and this group was more prone to intense theological debates and lots f Love and support.

Was the change of friends worth it? YES!!!!!!!!

Was the spiritual path worth it? YES. I can never go back to how I used to be ...that was sleepwalker mode, a dead end, that got me nowhere.

Now I directly experience the now, timelessness, infinity, divinity, Divine Love, transcendence, the Illusion and whats behind, the mechanics of ego, psychological and and philosophical highs and inner secrets, etc.

I wouldn't trade this for the world.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join