It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Earthquakes in Yellowstone region for the last seven days

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
reply to post by againuntodust

The link said there was an earthquake 3 days ago. Far cry from a week don't you think?

0.6 2010/07/23 15:11:36 44.676N 110.458W 2.0 45 km (28 mi) SSE of Gardiner, MT

im not going to even bother reading it, i believe this guy.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well for the sake of the people in north America I hope this is a Non issue. I have family in Canada and this would not bode well with them. I'm pretty sure there is nothing to this. Still you never know what the future holds. Try to stay positive.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12

Originally posted by MMPI2

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by guyopitz

I've been guilty of boneheaded posts like yours. I guess it is natural to want to test your manhood against other men, the elements, etc. I have a strong feeling that when confronted with "in your face" violence, you would wimper and pray for help. I bet if me and some boys showed up, beat you down and made you watch as we did your girlfriend, your craving for violence would quickly evaporate! I bet if the volcano blew, and the country turned upside down, some people that are a little more experienced in the world of violence and survival would quickly take everything you cherish, and possibly even your life. If they left you alive, it would only be to snicker as they strode away with your entire world!

[edit on 26-7-2010 by getreadyalready]

Mods, this is an profane and uncalled for personal attack. In all fairness and in the interest of decency, it should be deleted and the author should be sanctioned.

You've got to be kidding.

A guy gets criticized for wanting to see mass destruction and violence. The horror. Yeah, let's just let that one fly even though its sadistic.

No, I'm not kidding. He wasn't criticised...Buddy boy there made a covert threat of a sexual nature (e.g., gang rape) against two specific and potentially readily identifiable individuals. In my state, this is a terroristic threat carrying special circumstances (hate crime status).

You n00bies need to watch what you say and how you say it.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
From what I can tell there have been 3 small earthquakes today at YS.

I don't ever watch this stuff but that's what it says.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

You talkin about YS? you have been here a while at ATS
havent you been watchn this YS thing?
WTfudge
It,... nevermind

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hey guys,

I read the OP and quickly skimmed the responses but I don't think anyone mentioned the minor earthquake in the Northern Virginia, DC, and Maryland region.

This thread is very interesting...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
heres a theory for you, maybe those in the know in the U.S.A know that yellow stone is going to blow in the next five years, making the country a waste land, maybe thats why their in afghanistan iraq iran next followed by pakistan they need a new house to live in one rich in oil theyve already started evicting the current tenents of their new home whether its immigration or burying whats left of them in the yard.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgrammaman
heres a theory for you, maybe those in the know in the U.S.A know that yellow stone is going to blow in the next five years, making the country a waste land, maybe thats why their in afghanistan iraq iran next followed by pakistan they need a new house to live in one rich in oil theyve already started evicting the current tenents of their new home whether its immigration or burying whats left of them in the yard.

Na they do not think that far ahead. They think about the now. It is a game where they build a card house. They want what they can get for themselves in this administration, as previous ones have. One of these administrations are going to pull that final card and it will all come down, but they got theirs. That is all they care about. They are thieves who should be jailed.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by badgrammaman

Bla bla Iraq bla bla yard bla bla pakistan.. bla bla immigration?
Dude ,... what the heck does that have to do with yellowstone
and where does it say IT is gonna go in 5 years

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Krzyzmo

www.neighborhoodlink.com...
scroll down to see zipcodes then:
go to:
rev.seis.sc.edu...
and type in one of the zipcodes from the list from the bottom part
of the page of the first weblink. Maybe that would help.
It's harder and I sure don't know an easy way. I've not tried it but
may try a few zipcodes.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I just checked the USGA site for earthquakes and they do filter out any seismic activity below 1.0 on the Richter scale. So to narrow the focus of this thread, I am looking for theories on why there have been no >1 earthquakes in Yellowstone for the last seven days. This is something I haave not seen since checking on Yellowstone seismic activity for years now. Thanks

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

i did say it was just a theory, you dont need to take your shirt off, you might be better going to spec savers, i actually hope yellowstone blows right now and they get caught with their tail between their legs reduce the usa to just 4 states hawaii alaska israel and the uk
:lo l:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
My question here is - who is flagging this thread
. Folks there is nothing unusual going on at yellowstone due to the quiet few days - IT HAPPENS!!!! For many, many years!!!! We have activity with swarms and periods of rest. IT IS NORMAL. Odd, maybe some but NORMAL!!! AND - If you follow yellowstone, you will see that the maps and data are not always up to date - especially when there is so much going on elsewhere in the world at the moment. There is much going on with the seismic activity yes but - Nothing to note at Yellowstone there have been small quakes, just not listed - WHICH IS NORMAL. From the posts here, it a appears to me that we have YET ANOTHER omg it's the end of the world - 2012
. Pay attention and learn. Before you start a thread and post to OMG - do your reseach first. Now - if we have major quake or eruption of quiet geysers or eruption or anything out of the ordinary (almost a week of no activity is not out of the ordinary), please go ahead and start a new thread or continue here. Sorry, just had to add my $0.02.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by badgrammaman

ahhhh now the fun starts,..
Soo you wish for us in the states to be decimated huh

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It's not that quiet.

You can change the date and look back at all of them in the area with this site. Looks like bumps going on to me.

www.isthisthingon.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BigOrange

I believe they monitor earthquake activity at Yellowstone because it poses a major threat and they are trying to learn and understand how super volcanoes work, not because an eruption is imminent. We don't really know what happens prior to a super volcanic eruption since one hasn't done so for about 74,000 years.

reply to post by Vexatious Vex

I would agree that it was unusual except that I can't find where the USGS has actually said that. It appears the OP added his own words in the snippet.

reply to post by Bigfoot73

It doesn't look quiet in any of the places you mention, except Yellowstone.

California quake map and list

Chile/South America map and list

Japan/Asia map and list

Hotspots map showing worldwide earthquakes with M4.5+ .

And as already mentioned, the University of Utah lists 3 Yellowstone earthquakes from today here. (Edit: TrueAmerican pointed out that these are not from today but from earlier in the week)

Having said all that, I think the OP asked a reasonable question if "anyone recalled a stretch like this with no seismic activity" and the answer appears to be yes. It's happened before and there's been activity there today.

Edit to add: A star to Anmarie96 for a voice of reason.

(why doesn't an edit seem to work the first time for me?)

[edit on 7/26/2010 by Three_moons]

[edit on 7/26/2010 by Three_moons]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
You folks near Yellowstone dont worry.... Not if, When that sucker goes a good chunk of U.S dirt will vanish. You can run but you cant hide... Not to mention the rest of the world will be screwed anyway.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I've been guilty of boneheaded posts like yours. I guess it is natural to want to test your manhood against other men, the elements, etc. I have a strong feeling that when confronted with "in your face" violence, you would wimper and pray for help. I bet if me and some boys showed up, beat you down and made you watch as we did your girlfriend, your craving for violence would quickly evaporate! I bet if the volcano blew, and the country turned upside down, some people that are a little more experienced in the world of violence and survival would quickly take everything you cherish, and possibly even your life. If they left you alive, it would only be to snicker as they strode away with your entire world!

[edit on 26-7-2010 by getreadyalready]

Mods, this is an profane and uncalled for personal attack. In all fairness and in the interest of decency, it should be deleted and the author should be sanctioned.

You've got to be kidding.

A guy gets criticized for wanting to see mass destruction and violence. The horror. Yeah, let's just let that one fly even though its sadistic.

No, I'm not kidding. He wasn't criticised...Buddy boy there made a covert threat of a sexual nature (e.g., gang rape) against two specific and potentially readily identifiable individuals. In my state, this is a terroristic threat carrying special circumstances (hate crime status).

You n00bies need to watch what you say and how you say it.

Well, the post that this was in response wished the death of millions of people, including my wife and kids. So, in summation, who gives a # if someone said something that pissed him off.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
For such an active area it does seem VERY strange to have NO activity for a straight seven days ????

As someone said above - 'the calm before the storm' ??!!....

I just watched that film 'the core' as well....
PurpleDOG UK

you beat me to that quote. I am still going by timewave zero original prediction and state that around august something is going to happen.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

A~FFFFng~men!

I am tired of all the BS myself. Mother nature has been too nice to humanity lately especially for it destroying her oceans. I believe karma needs to come in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join