It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient underground city unearthed in western Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The city is located near the village of Arzanfud, 25 kilometers southeast of the city of Hamedan, the Hamedan Cultural Heritage, Tourism and Handicrafts Department (HCHTHD) announced on Saturday in a press release.

The city, which is comprised of 25 rooms connected to each other by several corridors, had been dug under a stone mound at a depth of 4 to 6 meters.

www.tehrantimes.com...

There isn't much info on this yet, but I hope soon we will be able to see some pictures. It doesn't sound like much of a city to me since it has only 25 rooms. They think it was used by residents during times of war. (At least some things never change)

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
i get intrigued with underground dwellings...

in this case a 'city' is hardly the correct term for 25 rooms that are connected.

the present land of Turkey is riddled with much larger underground 'cities' that is open to tourists... the region is named Cappadocia in Turkey

heres a link to what we might expect from the new discovery===
www.turkeytravelplanner.com...

thanks for the heads up

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
And then we must remember the underground city of Bejieng, created by Mao... supposedly as big as Bejing itself, yet dug underground and handsomely outfitted!

The story about it is absolutely amazing!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Shelter during wars? Hmm that's a lot of work. I don't think so.

Great article thanks for posting!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

25 rooms is nothing u should check out the catacombes of paris there got 320 miles of underground tunnel networks and if i can remember about 12 different levels

new topics

top topics

join