It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff's deputies' disdain for Constitution captured by their own recorded comments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

By DANIEL BLACKBURN
When San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Deputy Darren Murphy responded to a “shots fired” call in April 2008, he decided en route that he was going to make an arrest.

He did far more than that. Murphy and other deputies made an unwarranted entry into a home, and then into a locked gun safe. Murphy's uncensored, darkly disturbing observations and behavior following his Code-3 arrival at the rural home of longtime SLO County resident Matt Hart were picked up by Murphy's and other deputies’ own recorders. Those recordings provide a rare, frighteningly revealing, behind-the-scenes perspective of how one local law enforcement agency views the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, and other laws its personnel are sworn to uphold.

Sheriff’s spinner Rob Bryn declined to confirm the identities of any of the deputies appearing or heard in the recordings, or to discuss any aspect of the Hart home invasion. So we've done that for you. (Bryn, ever the public servant, eventually stopped responding to e-mails from a KCCN.tv reporter.)

Deputies’ deportment in the field as exhibited by their own words, as well as their plainly audible efforts to fabricate justifications for their actions, are lamentable. Local county prosecutors’ subsequent abuse of power, wielded in a cavalier, clumsy, and transparent effort to avoid a lawsuit, also is troubling.

But in the larger scheme of things, it is the systematic dismantling of the Fourth Amendment by over-zealous cops and an enabling judiciary that should be a cause of concern for every American citizen. Incredibly, Hart's case may be less of an anomaly than it appears.

The question is: Should law enforcement officers like Deputy Darren Murphy be allowed to make day-to-day, life-changing decisions regarding the fate of law-abiding citizens?

Watch. Listen. And then you be the judge.

Source

We will see this continue to happen and the courts will not enforce the Constitution.
Therefore who will be left to defend the Constitution besides we the people?

[edit on 26-7-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This is getting more ridculous by the day. The CONSITUTION IS THE LAW OF THE LAND! Its black and white, theres not inbetween. Courts are wrong for not following this to being with, but the cops are more wrong, they knew this was wrong and still went through with it. I dunno man, something has to change, and I really hope more people get that this HAS to change, and people have to know their rights. Have we really all come to a point that we are stupid and dont know what our rights are. I mean really WTF!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DrakeDarc

We have to prepare ourselves and band together because if we don't this nation will become nothing more than just another Slave Nation.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
If, after watching these videos, the viewer believes this side of the situation; and I am not saying it did not happen like this, then, it appears the 4th Amendment has indeed been shredded. This is not the first example of this type of activity I've seen. Unfortunately, this seems the be the trend that many law officials are taking.
I always felt America was great in the way the Constitution was protected and upheld. In the last few dark years it does not seem to be that way. I truly hope my neighbour stays true to the proud past.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

It will happen one day. I see the next Civil War over this, more than anything else. It seems its been getting torn to shreds more and more every year, and its been way more apparent these past 10 years, well to me anyways. But one day we'll have out chance to stand up for it. At least I know you a few other people on ATS will stand for it, and all it stands for. I know I will defend it if the need arises, and its starting to look like it is.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DrakeDarc

DrakeDarc, Unfortunately, if and when that day comes when the people need to take back what is rightfully theirs, I think what will occur is the leaders, like those you know, will be caught and locked up and most people, being sheeple, will do nothing but bow their head and move back into line. Isn't this why we are where we are?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gardCanada

Yea. Exactly, thats what will happen, and its sad. I just hope with everything I am that it wont happen.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This makes me sick. I recently had a run in with the law, my truck was searched illegally, and I was arrested for having a concealed weapon (piece of pipe that spools of cable sit on, this is a work truck). Long story short a friend of mine is a county prosecutor and a few simple phones calls straightened everything out.

Seems things are this are happening more all the time.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

This was covered by endisnighe on Thursday of last week.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Thanks I did not realize that it was on here I did a search for the title of the news story and could not find it. So it's on here and that is what mattters.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

No problem. I did my normal grab everyone's attention type title. I was a little vehement when I watched the vids.

Nice to see others get riled when seeing the same abuses.

S&F OP

[edit on 7/26/2010 by endisnighe]

new topics

top topics

join