It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox's "Muslim Against NYC Mosque" is a Christian

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Probably only as much or as little as you do, what's been in the media for the past two or so years. He converted to Christianity sometime in 2004, and no one knew it. He spied for Israel. He moved to the U.S. and was almost deported. His father was a founder of Hamas. Is there more to the story?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
I fail to see the problem here.
He was a muslim, converted to Christianity and he opposes the mosque. I say kudos to him, he is on the correct side of history on this issue.
What is the "conspiracy" here?

Nothing weird about him being against it, but FOX playing it as if he were Muslim is typical...they only care about their agenda and will misreport things as long as it serves their agenda.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The question is...what's the agenda, really? Again, what are they actually accomplishing by saying he's a Muslim. Hell, with their average viewer ex-Muslim might even have packed more punch.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

It's so they can say "seeeeeeeee, even Muslims are against it...so saying you're against it is clearly not racist!" when in reality, it's just that.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Oh, so it's not racist versus not religist? Is religist a word? It should be.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

It's not a conspiracy, just further evidence of Fox's right wing agenda. It's the constant spin they put on the news that earns them this reputation, and everyday they lose credibility as journalists.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You ask what the agenda is and maybe it is no more than to stir controversy. Controversy sells and Fox has it down to an art. I don't think there's a dark conspiracy here, but a desire to ramp up the sensationalism.

We have it here in the UK, but there's a big difference. We accept tabloid news for what it is. We distinguish real journalism from the tat spouted by ITV News, The Sun, The Star etc.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
O M G ........quick!

Help me find a place to set up my straw men to deface FOX news!

I watch you everywhere lucidity, you take any chance you can get to take shots at Glenn Beck or FOX or anyone else who is conservative, EVERY CHANCE YOU GET.

Even if it is inaccurate , or flat out lies.........you want to find some REAL people in journalism not doing their jobs?

MSNBC, CBS, CNN, etc, etc etc.............

Youre agenda is so thick here at this blatant NON ISSUE with this story, that one could cut it with a hacksaw........

Nobody ever said that MSNBC, CNN, etc....had real journalists. You're dancing around the issue. We're talking about Faux News. Stop being a fanboy already. They're not going to think you're cool.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

we're all missing the bigger picture here, seemingly

It doesn't matter if the guy being interviewed was CHristian, Muslim, Hindu, or Atheist...the fact of the matter is that Faux News painted him as a muslim so that it looked better for FAUX NEWS to say "That mosque shouldn't be there"

Its' no different than days after racial accusations, the Tea Party hires a single black guy to go sing

or days after the elections, the GOP hires Michael Steele to be the only black guy in the room

or during the election, the GOP gets Palin to mirror Clinton

These people use race just as much as anybody else, then stand on the sidelines and say "i dont see skin color, i have no idea what you're talking about!"

And then all the prissy little wanna-be's come to their defense in hopes of a few table scraps that WILL NEVER COME!

It happens on both sides of the aisle. Every day.

In this case, i say let them build a mosque. Then let someone else move in and build an All you can eat Pork BBQ restaurant right next to it.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Gee...maybe their headline? Maybe their intro. Dishonesty?

Do you want to sit them in time out?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Star and Flag!

And I would do the same if it was MSNBC you called out.

They eagerly lied to thier viewers to score political points and when "journalists" and "news organizations" blatently do that and are rewarded for it we are all screwed.

I am constantly amazed how quickly folks will defend propaganda as long as it supports thier opinion.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

No. They can do what the want. I can't control them, nor do I want to.

However, I do want all people to be aware that they do things like this and to really think about all the reasons they may be doing it.

And I'd sleep better if they stopped saying fair and balanced too. But that's a pipedream.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
right VS. left...
conservative VS. liberal...
moderate VS. extremist...
patriot VS. communist...
muslim VS. non-muslim...
christian VS. atheist...

DIVISION and DISTRACTION!

[edit on 27/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

No conspiracy, just fox twisting words to mislead YET AGAIN.

What they posted wasn't wrong just not true either.

He was only born a muslim, they present that he IS muslim.

I was "Born a Christian" if I went on Fox and denounced Jesus, would they title it "Christian says Jesus not son of god"? NO Of course they wouldn't!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by swine flue
OK lets revers the table. while in Afghanistan i saw the remains of 22 Afghan Christin's who tried to build a Church and were slaughtered for it. is that the idealism you want right down the street from the greatest tragedy of the past 10yrs

You should go learn about Charlamagne.

Would you want that history in every church?

Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Doesn't FoxNews CLEARLY falls on one side of the spectrum? And if so, why the charade of "fair and balanced?" Is this fooling anyone?

Why not take a stand, much like MediaMatters does, and proclaim proudly who they are and what they stand for? Conservative values for America, apparently?

Are they afraid that will keep the liberals, the middle of the roaders away?

FoxNews out-ratings the other five cable news stations, but their viewership on its high-peak days is only about 2M people. Maybe picking on them isn't even worth it?

Then again, when people start quoting them like it's the penultimate word on anything and everything or they team up with irresponsible radio personalities and bloggers to send false stories viral, it does begin to matter.

[edit on 7/27/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The irony here is that you are quoting and linking Media Matters, an organization that is dedicated to attacking conservative spokesmen.

Media Matters is funded largely by George Soros, as radical a leftist as you will find, their regular targets specifically include Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, and Fox News in general.

They made it their business to bring the career of Don Imus to an end, not for reporting inaccuracy, but for making a racial statement.

The frequent inaccuracies perpetrated by MSNBC and CNN are never touched, just Fox and other conservative commentators, of which there are a precious few.

You are reading and quoting leftist media mud slinging to somehow champion fair and accurate reporting.

The complete triviality of the story shows the desperate lengths that Media Matters will go to to slur Fox News.

In short, if you buy into this leftist propaganda, the person who is being manipulated is YOU. Try and see the bigger picture here, you are buying in to a leftist media conspiracy against conservative outlets.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

In my experience via years of independent research and in fact-checking their facts, MediaMatters has consistently has a good track record. In addition, they have a very clear mission and goal. They care about facts no matter who funds them. They also do not attempt to hide who they are and what they do.

Show me where you perceive that something they say is false, and we can discuss from there.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Oh, so it's not racist versus not religist? Is religist a word? It should be.

Bigotry covers religion, where racism covers race.

I think that is how it goes, I don't have a dictionary on hand.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Looking at Ron Paul who actualy is a conservative ( look at his voting record) points out that stark reality the Faux INFOTAINMENT viewers who call themselves conservatives are also FAUX conservatives.

Supporting the slaughter of innocents, the killing of people without due process, and the use of racism is a reason to go to war without proof those people even did anything, is a Lucifarian thing.

Again it is Christians and residents on the planning boards who voted for this mosque to happen, it was in the news as such, so any one who blames Muslims for this is just wrong.

Kill all the children
take all the oil
sell the opium to your own children
cover the world in DU, and monsanto GMO
Jeebus gloves you
have a nice day...

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Danbones]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join