It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox's "Muslim Against NYC Mosque" is a Christian

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

I agree that the greatest tragedy is the millions dead. Mostly innocent people going about their day. I went to a troop home-coming parade the other week and you know what I saw... hundreds of kids, spotty 18-year-olds wearing a uniform and looking shell-shocked. It reminded me of my dad talking about Vietnam.

One brigade had lost 60% of their men. Sad, upsetting yes, but is it making our country safer? No.

We are fast approaching 10-years at war in Iraq and Afghanistan and nothing has been achieved. This nonsense must end now and we the people should protest like Vietnam and send some very clear messages.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
I fail to see the problem here.
He was a muslim, converted to Christianity and he opposes the mosque. I say kudos to him, he is on the correct side of history on this issue.
What is the "conspiracy" here?

....Wouldn't the correct side of history be the side saying "Hey, yeah 9/11 was bad...but it wasn't because of Islam".

Because last I checked, what with Islam being the world's second largest religion with billions of followers, it's only a crazy minority who allegedly did 9/11.

This whole issue is pretty #ing simple people and I'm really sick of people using emotions to argue logic. If you don't want a Mosque being built there, you either don't want any religious structure being built there or you just hate and fear Islam.

Also, I want to congratulate everyone in this thread basically going "wat" and not getting the point being made. Everyday, people here on ATS absolutely amaze me with their stupidity and need to protect their worldview. Seriously, I applaud your efforts.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by SpectreDC]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

The reason a mosque should be built is to foster an attitude of unification. If a mosque doesn't get built, then they are playing into the ideology of fundamentalist Islam.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I hope that most people realize that if ANY "news" media did this, there should be outrage. They think we're stupid.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

So? It's his right. Freedom of religion does not mean Freedom to build churches and mosques anywhere you want.

Youc an still practice your faith. Bu if people do not like your building something there, and yes it is obviously there for a reason, then they have a right to discuss it. Right to speech ought to be protected here because the building is a form of speech. And yes, they are building it there to make a statement. However, in the same way that yelling fire in a crowded room could lead to the deaths of people by trampling, this is an issue that, to put it simply, the community has a right to decide upon.

By all means build it. But don't be surprised if it gets burned down. And in which case, it was stupid to build it there anyway.

This is both a freedom of speech and religion issue. But the selection in question to build it makes it an obviously more freedom of speech issue to which individuals who will burn it down should be considered into the location in question.

I suppose I will through a bit of Christianity in it. If they do not welcome you, clean your shoes and walk away. Oh sure keep talking. But do not force down the throats of others what they reject. Merely talk to them.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It's interesting to note the male presenter states this man was a double-agent fighting in Hamas, providing the Israeli's & US information.

This is also interesting;

For his part, Kilmeade was so blown away by Youseff's assertion that "Islamists" are worse than Nazis, that he declared, "We gotta have you back." I have no doubt that they will.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSam

Very interesting indeed.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

You know, I could stomach the opinions of people like you Lucidity, if you were even-handed with the way you constantly pick the fly poop out of the media sugar bowl.

Just how many outright lies and falsehoods does Al Jazeera pump out every single day, but Fox News shows a guy who is a former Muslim whom they introduce as a current Muslim, and suddenly you're up on your soapbox as if it's some type of signficant media falsehood.

I watched Bill Hemmer on this morning's Fox News describe the F/A-18 as a US Air Force aircraft - when in fact it's a Navy/Marine Corps aircraft - trivial inaccuracy or blatant falsehood?

Posting trivial crap about Fox News doesn't say anything about Fox's agenda which is very well known to anyone who watches the channel, but it certainly says a lot about yours.

Fox is the only televised voice that the 45% conservative population of this country actually has, and the channel is attacked by the liberal media on a daily basis with trivial and pointless mud slinging of the type you are clearly buying into.

Anything that scares liberals this much just has to be a good thing.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Well I agree with his stance. But there is an explanation of the headline.

By definition, a Muslim is one who follows the religion of Islam. Literal meaning of Muslim is the person whosubmits himself/herself to God. Any human being could be Muslim irrespective of his/her race. In Islam there is no discrimination on the basis of race.
There are many governments, especially in Eastern Europe, who regard people identifying themselves as Muslims, to be an ethnicity due to their ancestors converting to Islam. Some of them are not practising Islam but still call themselves Muslim.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

He was a muslim, converted to Christianity and he opposes the mosque. I say kudos to him, he is on the correct side of history on this issue.

....Wouldn't the correct side of history be the side saying "Hey, yeah 9/11 was bad...but it wasn't because of Islam".

Because last I checked, what with Islam being the world's second largest religion with billions of followers, it's only a crazy minority who allegedly did 9/11.

This whole issue is pretty #ing simple people and I'm really sick of people using emotions to argue logic. If you don't want a Mosque being built there, you either don't want any religious structure being built there or you just hate and fear Islam.

Also, I want to congratulate everyone in this thread basically going "wat" and not getting the point being made. Everyday, people here on ATS absolutely amaze me with their stupidity and need to protect their worldview. Seriously, I applaud your efforts.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by SpectreDC]

I don't hate or fear Islam. And I would have no objection to any other religon's house of worship being built there. Being as the terrorists were Muslim engaging in a holy war I do consider it disrespectful to build a mosque there. To build it there is simply in poor taste. If you can't see that then you quite possibly should have directed your post to yourself.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975

I don't hate or fear Islam. And I would have no objection to any other religon's house of worship being built there. Being as the terrorists were Muslim engaging in a holy war I do consider it disrespectful to build a mosque there. To build it there is simply in poor taste. If you can't see that then you quite possibly should have directed your post to yourself.

Did I say it wasn't in poor taste? I mean you're insinuating that I did, so I assume you have evidence of me saying I said this mosque may be in bad taste. So I respectfully ask you to bring this post to light by linking it here in this thread.

Of course, if you can't do this and I know you can't because I never have actually said anything of the sort, I respectfully ask you to not make brash implications that are completely inaccurate. Because that just makes you an idiot.

So since you believe that the extremists that allegedly attacked on 9/11 represent the entirety of Islam, this must be a universal rule. Any small minority of individuals related to a religion who do something that in part is due to their religious convictions, their actions are the fault of the entirety of that religion.

I guess Catholics shouldn't be able to build churches in parts of Great Britain because the IRA were Catholics. And all Christian's are at fault for what the Westboro Baptist Church does, so we should consider all Christian's as unpatriotic, unAmerican assholes?

I mean, I'm not saying this. You're not really saying this either, but your strain of logic that you are using in what you say does, in the end, say exactly this.

Your guilt by association is idiotic and the only reason it exists is because you are, in fact, either afraid or hateful, or both, of Islam. Because the actions of about a dozen men who have maybe 1% of the total Muslim's on this planet should be linked to Islam.

I guess the Muslim's in the WTC who died can't have a Mosque, which is in a community center that is actually a couple blocks away from ground zero, built there. Those terrorist pieces of crap.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

This is one story and it in no way even comes close to implying that I would condone this type of behavior from ANY organization calling itself news or journalism or yes even opinion. That you would even infer this is in itself or call me a liberal is far more suspect.

And I disagree that this is a trivial thing. It is far too symptomatic of a huge and dangerous issue in the media today. And if you can't see that for what it's worth, you may have missed the entire point.

People need to be aware that there is deception out there and to not believe everything they read and hear and to not react emtionally.

And deconstructing stories in a simple way like this, as seemingly insignificant as it may seem to you, is exactly the kind of point that needs to be driven home. The little things add up, and a simple pointing out over and over of a pattern or trend is far easier to both understand and follow than an example ridden mass of proof that most can't easily digest or even find the time to read.

You fight the battle your way, and I'll fight it my way. Running around screaming ALL MEDIA IS LYING ALL THE TIME gets us nowhere. Most already know that. Some unfortunately don't seem to have gotten the memo.

In addition, I don't think I've posted enough examples yet in my short time back at ATS for you to make a judgment value of what fly poop I pick on yet.

[edit on 7/26/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

This is such an emotional debate with so many facets. It's easy to see all the points of view. But it would be easier if people stopped shouting at each other and exaggerating and in some cases outright lying.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Ah, okay. That's good to know. Now do you really thing that's what they meant to do? It may well be they knew this.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Do people realize how easy it is to manipulate American Christians? By a Muslim would be even easier, heck if I pretend to convert to Christianity and start putting my thumb up and saying goooooo America, what you are doing is right, that would bring me instant fame.

That fame can be converted to treasure.

All I would have to do after that, is write a book, and you will see all Christianity running to bookshelves ready to buy, and no matter how idiotic the book, it would definitely make to NY times lol.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
You all need to wise up and start reading my threads I discuss fully the truth about Muslim and Shariah Law for those who want the truth and be enlightened to the goals of there religion. With all links and proof you need, to show how ALL Muslims are no good for America and how this guy if he truly did convert to Christianity would have been put to death already so don’t buy into his smoke and mirrors. If I was a Muslim trying to invade America I would say I was a Christian too, so I could better infiltrate the inner workings of this government and its people to show how peaceful we real are. It’s a lie, I have one purpose and one purpose only to blind you to the truth and that is Muslims all of them live by Shariah period end of statement and the only way out of Shariah as a Muslim is death, got it now. So wake up and start reading my threads for a more in depth knowledge of the truth. The truth will set you free, and open your eyes.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

You have no idea who he is do you? You may want to look it up and if you havnt read his book you might want to. Honestly its quite good it gives you a behind the scenes look at Hamas and how they used Islam to complete there agenda. Mosab Hassan Youseff gave up his entire life his family disowned him all because he believed Hamas was evil even though his father was the founder. So id say he has a unique view of islam and his opinion is valid Since he helped run a terrorist organization.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess here:

You're probably one of those people who said any, if not all, of the following:

"Sure GWB lied about WMDs. But hey - we stopped Sadamn, thats a good thing, right?!"

"Mission Accomplished!!!"

"Obama is a Muslim!!!"

The issue here is more "journalism" gone astray. It's more evidence that Faux News still managers to be #1 at getting things wrong...and thats staggering when you figure they're competing with the likes of CNN and MSNBC.

The issue here is that they're feeding this garbage to idiot americans all over this country, and then people like you set there, shrug your shoulders, and say "Eh, screw that mosque, get-outa-heeeerre"

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

The issue here is more "journalism" gone astray.

You've got that right.

Sorry but anyone that thinks FOX isn't anything but one giant hard-right OP-ED piece is in serious denial.

They don't deliver news in a fair and balanced way until it is time for them to be corrected on the facts they claimed to have. Even their "journalists" cannot contain their obvious biases and outright attack those they interview with zero objectivity.

Their inevitable recants are usually halfhearted.

They'll get 2 minutes of a heavily edited 40 hour video from some unknown source that tarnishes the Left (or a perceived Leftist organization) and over-zealously run with it like they just got footage from the trenches of the upcoming apocalypse. Without even checking the facts, and the sheeple that follow them will be outraged and worked-up by the spin FOX just conned them into believing.

Look whats happened with FOX and Brietbart.

Twice now they have ruined peoples livelihood with the Acorn and NAACP/Sherrod sting only to pull back after the facts have been released and the damage done.

They are nothing but money grubbing scum that are worse than the politicians they attempt to lambaste in such amateur way.

- Lee

[edit on 26-7-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
O M G ........quick!

Help me find a place to set up my straw men to deface FOX news!

I watch you everywhere lucidity, you take any chance you can get to take shots at Glenn Beck or FOX or anyone else who is conservative, EVERY CHANCE YOU GET.

Even if it is inaccurate , or flat out lies.........you want to find some REAL people in journalism not doing their jobs?

MSNBC, CBS, CNN, etc, etc etc.............

Youre agenda is so thick here at this blatant NON ISSUE with this story, that one could cut it with a hacksaw........

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join