It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox's "Muslim Against NYC Mosque" is a Christian

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Fox's "Muslim Against NYC Mosque" is a Christian

mediamatters.org

In their continued campaign against a proposed Islamic community center near Ground Zero, Fox & Friends today hosted Mosab Hassan Youseff, whose father is apparently a member of Hamas, identifying him a "Muslim" who is opposed to the "NYC Mosque." But Youseff is anything but; at the beginning of the interview, Youseff explains that he was "born as a Muslim and then I converted to Christianity." One would think this would throw quite a wrench into Fox's framing for the segment -- that even a Muslim "son of a terrorist"(!) thinks that the community center is "an insult to the victims o
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
There's a video of the segment the story refers to. They most definitely do their best to make it appear that he is a Muslim.

How very odd that FoxNews would do this. Surely, they heard him say he was a Christian now...surely that is quite possibly even the reason for his stance.

This man, if his father is indeed a terrorist Hamas member probably was not representative of the billion other Mulsims who do not believe as they do or he was raised.

His family runs the Islamic Sunni Revolution in this world?

And yes, this is from Media Matters, but please discuss the story, not who vetted it and put a point of view on it.

mediamatters.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/26/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I fail to see the problem here.
He was a muslim, converted to Christianity and he opposes the mosque. I say kudos to him, he is on the correct side of history on this issue.
What is the "conspiracy" here?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Gee...maybe their headline? Maybe their intro. Dishonesty?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

How very odd that FoxNews would do this. Surely, they heard him say he was a Christian now...surely that is quite possibly even the reason for his stance.

How very normal for Fox to pull a stunt like that. They are simply the right arm of the TPTB fear machine. It's pandering to a fearful audience who are frightened of anyone unlike themselves. Fear sells ads, fear sells many things.

Most people will still believe this however. Facts don't enter into most people's thought process. It's all belief.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
And this is breaking news?

So a previous Muslim converts to Christianity & talks about the misdeeds of his past what he has experienced is bad?

Hypocritical much OP?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Good call Lucidity, S&F!

Mosab Hassan Yousef, son of Hamas leader, becomes a Christian

From the link:

Mosab Hassan Yousef, son of Hamas leader, becomes a Christian

The son of one of the most revered leaders of the Palestinian Islamist group Hamas has renounced his religion to move to America and become an evangelical Christian.

By Catherine Elsworth in Los Angeles and Carolynne Wheeler in Ramallah
Published: 2:19PM BST 24 Aug 2008

Mosab Hassan Yousef, 30, said that his decision to abandon his Muslim faith and denounce his father's organisation had exposed his family to persecution in his home town of Ramallah and endangered his own life.

But despite the cost, Mr Yousef told The Daily Telegraph that he is convinced that speaking out about the problems of Islam and the "evil" he witnessed back home would help to address the "messed-up situation" in the Middle East and one day bring about peace and enable him to return.

"I'm not afraid of them, especially as I know that I'm doing the right thing, and I don't see them as my enemies," he said. "I do think about this a lot. But what are they going to do? Are they going to kill me?

"If they want to kill me, let them do it. I'm not going to stop anyone. It's going to be my freedom.

"My soul's going to be free of my body, not flesh any more."

Mr Yousef, who is known as Joseph by friends at the Barabbas Road church in San Diego, California, arrived in America 18 months ago but only recently made "the biggest decision of my life" to go public with his conversion to draw attention to how the Palestinian leadership is "misleading" and exploiting its people.

More

So yes, apparently Mosab has been publically Christian since two years ago, was baptized in 2005, and is not a Muslim anymore.

Not like Faux News to lie though, is it?

What's this?

Only Fox News talking about Mosab and his conversion!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
OK lets revers the table. while in Afghanistan i saw the remains of 22 Afghan Christin's who tried to build a Church and were slaughtered for it. is that the idealism you want right down the street from the greatest tragedy of the past 10yrs

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

I'm not the one who introduced him as a Muslim and ran headlines saying he's a Muslim. I'm not the liar.

I think, as usual, you are missing the point of the topic.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by swine flue

Sucks either way it goes, doesn't it? Wrong is wrong no matter which religion's name it's in.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
So we continue to argue about the color of the bird while it continues to crap on our head?

Building a mosque at ground zero is an affront on a scale so massive that even discussing it borders on the offensive. The US was attacked by fanatical Muslim extremists, something they have been doing all over the world for some time now, and now that same religion wants to build a showpiece mosque at the site of the attacks, seriously?

Only airheaded ATS cuckoos would miss that and focus on some trivial spin at Fox News.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Let me see if I got this straight...
the other day I got blasted by a poster who said I would change my tune when the Muslims took over Canada..

If I was a Muslim who wanted to take over thats how i would do it...
Convert to Christianity and go on faux news...

Mu Ha ha ha ha haaaa!
All your channels are belong to us...

PS Retseh
911 dancing Israelis aren't Muslims
and a buntch of Christians on the planning boards voted to make this mosque happen....kinda derails your theory no?

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

Damn. Well he even went out of his way to say it at the beginning of the segment, but they continued to let people think he was a still a Muslim. This is more than sloppy work. It was intentional in my mind.

They could have simply acknowledged that he had converted and gone with the exact same story without the lying into and headlines and gotten the pretty much the same result pretty. Why didn't they? Makes you wonder if the lies and headlines weren't the "story" plus...

There really was no need or excuse for this. It's not like it was a "breaking story" where the facts were coming in from numerous sources. He was scheduled to appear. There was time to vet the information and write the headlines properly.

[edit on 7/26/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I will go out on a limb here. 9/11 was perpetrated by a Saudi Muslim majority and yet this country hasn't received anywhere near the condemnation Afghanistan has whose only perceived role was to offer sanctuary to Osama and his friends. Al-Qaeda ostensibly originated in Saudi Arabia, yet no one dare criticize this nation of oil.

On 9/11 many different creeds, colours and religion died. It wasn't an all American death list. Far from it. We are still at the level of believing Saddam had a hand in it. A mosque would say to the fundamentalist world: You haven't won and we are now more accepting than ever. Our Mosque symbolizes our unification, not ideological separation.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Ugh. yeah. Let's just not ever trust anyone and hate everyone and just get it over with. Sad state of the world, and FoxNews does nothing to alleviate that.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

It's not actually a mosque and it's not on ground zero, but that's neither here nor there. My beef here is with lies on the air. Lies that are being perpetrated and propagated for a reason.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Damn. Well he even went out of his way to say it at the beginning of the segment, but they continued to let people think he was a still a Muslim. This is more than sloppy work. It was intentional in my mind.

Making an hour long documentary about his conversion and then reversing back to a description that he is Muslim at a later time? Intentional it does indeed sound like.

They could have simply acknowledged that he had converted and gone with the exact same story without the lying into and headlines and gotten the pretty much the same result pretty. Why didn't they? Makes you wonder if the lies and headlines weren't the "story" plus...

You know what it was? It was an attempt at setting an agenda at saying "Muslim believes mosque near 9/11 site is wrong, so if a Muslim says that, the idea must be bad!!"

There really was no need or excuse for this. It's not like it was a "breaking story" where the facts were coming in from numerous sources. He was scheduled to appear. There was time to vet the information and write the headlines properly.

I'm sad to say that you are expecting too much from Faux News, but you are quite right.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Regensturm]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yes it is a shame that Fox would lie like that. But haven't we learned by now not to fully trust any of the big media news groups and any thing they say

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by swine flue
OK lets revers the table. while in Afghanistan i saw the remains of 22 Afghan Christin's who tried to build a Church and were slaughtered for it. is that the idealism you want right down the street from the greatest tragedy of the past 10yrs

So, I guess you have served a tour or two in Afghanistan?

Idealism takes on many forms. It not only plays out in the Middle East, but over in the US and right here in the UK as well.

Extreme fundamentalism, not idealism is the issue.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by swine flue

Obviously Muslims do this all the time, all 1.3 billion of them, burning churches, and churchgoers....

Listen. If that is what Muslims did, as opposed to a minority who the majority of Muslims would condemn in a heartbeat? You would know about it.

The greatest tragedy of the past 10 years was not just September 11th 2001, but the fact that two wars have been waged using that horrific day as an excuse to spill even more blood.

Now we have Americans, British, Afghan, Iraqi and many other nationalities besides, dead and maimed, and two countries invaded and occupied and in ruins.

That is the greatest tragedy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join