It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full face transplant man reveals his new look on TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The 31-year-old thanked his donor's family and the medics that gave him a new face in March at Vall d'Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona.

A shooting accident meant his entire facial skin and muscles - including nose and lips - needed replacing.

Doctors say he can expect to regain up to 90% of his facial functions.

He had been left unable to breathe, swallow, or talk properly after an accident five years ago.

Now the man, identified only as Oscar, still struggles to speak with clarity and will need months of physical therapy

www.bbc.co.uk...

This is amazing, it looks like the transplant worked pretty well. With the current increases in medical technology we might be in for a scenario like the movie "Face Off" This technology could eventually be used to replace high profile people with other people. I would like to see what this guy looked like before this transplant.

[edit on 7/26/2010 by SUICIDEHK45]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Wow, thats proberbly the best face transplant result i have seen so far, i would like to see how it looks in a year or so time when all the swelling has gone down and the muscles in his face come back to life. Its more remarkable as the guys jaw had been blown away.

There is defo a real possibility war criminals, crime lords and other people that need to disappear could use this tech as it becomes more advanced.

new topics

join